To Be Continued?

Having hit the content boundaries I find myself curious as to what my fellow Fallen Londoners are most eager to experience.
What existing content would you like to see added to / concluded?
Personally I would like to venture deeper into the Labyrinth of Tigers! Every level has held greater and more fearsome beasts, and I yearn to know what could be more fearsome then the mysterious wings of thunder bat in the fourth coil, not to mention what mind shattering secrets must be contained in the center of the labyrinth. I’m hoping for some sort of tangible, untouched remnant of a former city, but I’d settle for just about anything.

Polythreme.
At length.

More information about the origins of the Bazaar! Or perhaps, a chance to investigate the home/headquarters of the Masters.

Allright, this is going to sound really morbid, but Imma say a hanging, or at least a typical adventure-story style close-call. We know Ladybones road has gallows, and Fallen London has a rather liberal relationship with death. So yeah, I’dnt mind having my character dance the hemp fandango or boldly escape, delaying my re-match with the Grim Reaper using a combination of cleverness, presence of mind and/or blind luck…

The Iron Republic, what little I’ve heard of it, sounds very interesting.

Further the ambitions.

The mysteries of the Correspondence! There have been hints that [color=#ffffff]it’s a language of magic – speaking it properly can allow one to shape reality to one’s will[/color]. As a fan of fantasy stories, I am very intrigued by that possibility.

The locations across the Unterzee also sound interesting. Polythreme will probably give me nightmares.

Edit: Oh, and the dream storylines too of course! I wish to speak the Fire Sermon and perform the Burial of the Dead!
edited by Little The on 1/23/2012

How about furthering your relationships with your connections, like the ability to join the clergy or becoming one of , if not THE greatest criminal mastermind?

I would love to:

[ul][li]Spy for the Empress in Edinburgh, capital of the British Empire.
[/li][li]Visit Polythreme and [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]prevent all-out war with London[/color].[/li][li]Explore Parabola [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]while sane[/color], and [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]take sides in the war between the cats and the Fingerkings[/color].[/li][li]Attain a [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]permanent[/color] position as a police inspector or leader of a revolutionary faction. But not both. Choices are fun![/li][li]Take a peek beneath a Master’s hood. Or perhaps its trousers!
[/li][li]Found and manage an Elder colony.[/li][li]Host a prestigious salon.[/li][li]Even widespread soullessness can’t account for all the souls on the market, or why they’re so cheap. Find out where they’re all coming from.[/li][li]Learn exactly what the Ministry for Public Decency is trying to protect the public from… and possibly wish you hadn’t.[/li][li]Learn the identity of the Sixth City.
[/li][li]Advance rubbery society by a considerable margin.[/li][li]Learn a forbidden magick or two.[/li][li]Have a friendly chat with [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]the sun[/color].[/li][li]Learn that something you took for granted for the entire game was, in fact, an elaborate lie. Not your own identity, though. That would be too cliché.[/li][li]Find an angel.[/li][li]Steal a metaphysical concept.[/li][li]Become a true and acknowledged friend to London’s rat community, and reap the benefits of having ever-present allies.[/li][li]Learn why the animals of the Neath have become preternaturally intelligent.[/li][li]Shed your humanity like an overlarge coat, to don again at the end of the night.
[/li][li]Find the Mountain of Youth. I mean Light.[/li][li]Could the notorious Civet and the Ambitious Barrister be… one and the same!?[/li][li]Match wits with a criminal mastermind.
[/li][/ul]

Impressive list! Where’d you get the bit about Edinburgh? I agree that journeying to the surface would be entertaining, but worry that it would result in any number of problems, what with the whole “Been dead” thing…
Also, why would Polythreme [color=#ffffff]want to go to war? I haven’t really found much about it, except for that whole “the wind speaks to Polythreme” thing when venturing across the zea.[/color]

My desires are simple…

North.

The Name.

Now, that said, I would dearly love a storylet that gave you an ability, similar to the other “Second Chance” abilities, but which worked specifically for “Matters of Chance”.

[quote=whiteadder]Impressive list! Where’d you get the bit about Edinburgh? I agree that journeying to the surface would be entertaining, but worry that it would result in any number of problems, what with the whole “Been dead” thing…
Also, why would Polythreme [color=#ffffff]want to go to war? I haven’t really found much about it, except for that whole “the wind speaks to Polythreme” thing when venturing across the zea.[/color][/quote]

hesperidean cider exist as an item in the game, does it not?

Yes it does, but at 160000 echos it is somewhat out of reach for the average person.

Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland and the seat of the Scottish Parliament, the second half of the Parliament of Great Britain. This makes it most likely candidate by far for the government to re-form in. As for the death issue, I’m sure the Masters could arrange some manner of temporary solution (say, an item which tricks your body and the Reaper into thinking you’re still in the Neath, and returns you to London when critically injured, disgraced, or otherwise menaced) to facilitate the Game. Mr. Apples would probably be the go-to guy for that, or perhaps a stone from the pinnacle of the Mountain of Light would do the job. And the best part is that it doesn’t require any additional code: Simply say the item works that way, and treat menace outside the Neath the same way it’s generally treated inside the Neath, complete with return to your Lodgings afterward.

Mostly an inference derived from Fate-locked content I can’t really discuss. I’ve probably said too much already, although I could just as easily be completely off-base.
edited by Patrick Reding on 1/24/2012
edited by Patrick Reding on 1/24/2012

Edinburgh was not, of course, the seat of the Scottish parliament in the 19th century. And calling it the second half of the parliament of Great Britain ignores the Welsh assembly. Other than being close to Holyrood, a favoured retreat of the Royal Family to this day, I can’t see much to recommend it to a 19th century parliament.

Possibly more likely is one of the big industrial centres in the midlands; a port city like Bristol or Southampton; or the capital of Roman Britain, Winchester may have appealed to classically educated MPs.

And could I ask which bit of Fatel-ocked content you refer to? I don’t think I’ve run across any significant revelations about Polythreme and would hate to think I’ve missed out.

I’d like to hear something about how life on the surface is operating - not to visit. I think that would break the Neathy atmosphere, but perhaps visitors from the surface - spies for whatever monarchy or government continues up there.

And the Iron Republic. And more Rubbery Men. I’ve been to Flute Street. What precisely do the Flukes want, and why!?

Careful Alex that remark is right on the line of things we probably shouldn’t talk about as they are fate locked. I thought the motivations were fairly straightforward but I do concur there could be a ulterior motive to their actions.
In regards to the Edinburgh remark, one of the sidebars mentions that the Traitor Empress is still the head of the British Empire, and thus the utility of having a second capitol so far removed from her residence would, in my opinion, create difficulty. Perhaps more detail on the state of the empire would be helpful in regards to it’s need for the British Parliament / The Queen at the closing half of the 19th century? Being an American I have only the vaguest idea of how things work over there.

Adding a big ditto to the Polythreme. And the ambitions, of course. But one that I seem more intrigued about completing than other people is the “Playing with Broken Toys” storyline! That one doesn’t really go anywhere at all right now and I’d really like to see more of it.

[quote=Patrick Reding]I would love to:

• Learn exactly what the Ministry for Public Decency is trying to protect the public from… and possibly wish you hadn’t.[/li][li]Find an angel.[/li][li]Steal a metaphysical concept.[/li][li]Become a true and acknowledged friend to London’s rat community, and reap the benefits of having ever-present allies.[/li][li]Learn why the animals of the Neath have become preternaturally intelligent.[/li][li]Shed your humanity like an overlarge coat, to don again at the end of the night.[/quote]

Well then, in order:

• My impression is that the correspondence is at least partially viral. i.e. once you become a scholar of it, it ‘infects’ all your subsequent writings (though I do not believe that the nineteenth century had the concept of the meme, so the word is not used). Thus the various Proscribed Materials and so forth contain small fragments of the correspondence which could infect readers. I don’t know if this is actually true at all, but I believe that is what the MfPD is afraid of.[/li][li]Islington says, “Hello.” And I freely admit to being curious about the wines produced by Atlantis.[/li][li]I would love to steal theft. Or possibly ownership. I’m not a picky person.[/li][li]Here here! Someone has to protect them from the starving cat. (Though seriously, I would love to join some society of these sentient animals. The rats just seem to be the most human, mentally at least.)[/li][li]Fallen London LTD. A wholly owned subsidy of Narnia incorporated. (Aslan as one of the masters at least would be interesting, or possibly as a rival faction. Heck, since there are sentient animals, why not a non-humanoid master?).[/li][li]Here’s a bottle of Black Wings Absinthe. That ought to Vake you up. Sorry. Me accent be slipping.

Or 3200 Certified Scraps, to be precise…

I want to participate in something atkin to the Womens suffrage movement, as soemone with an interest in civil-rights issues.

I want to write my own anarchist pampflet (maybe you can and I jsut havent gotten that far with the Revolutionarties yet…)

I want to particiapte in an evolution-creation debate with the Fallen Londons version of Samuel Wimbelforce.

I wanna fight on the roof of s moving train.

I want a storyline where I communicate with somebody trough personal ads in the newspaper (carefully coded to have hidden meanings).