Time the Healer, a little different this week?

This week, in addition to my professional rewards, Time the Healer brought something a little different: My Irrigo did not clear as normal. Instead, I had something akin to a package awaiting me. When I opened it, (paraphrased) &quotA few traces of my old self rose like water…&quot and I gained back some of the stats I lost in my weekly trip to the Nadir. My Irrigo also cleared. Did this happen for anyone else, or is it tied to the fact that I have my own name as a tattoo?[li]

I love the Neath - you never know what will happen next.

see Alexis’ post on this thread. http://community.failbettergames.com/topic7776-do-to-list-for-a-fresh-posi.aspx?page=1#post61262#post61262

Alexis mentioned elsewhere about redesigning how Irrigo is treated to prevent people camping in the Nadir for Time to extend their visit/lessen the Irrigo damage.

I am a bit curious on what to do with Irrigo when one doesn’t have it. It popped up for an alt of mine – not for two others who had their Time the Healer come. Suppose that’s because it was implemented yet – and since they don’t have any, its just there. No other option to ignore it yet.

Will it leave on its own or continue to linger because that can be rather annoying to deal with if you’re planning to never touch the Nadir storyline. (Which is the case for me in terms of my main. I’m rather protective of her 200 Persuasive I worked hard in getting for her.)
edited by ArtRulesAll on 3/11/2014

I’m a little worried about Time the Healer this week and I’m wondering if the changes messed it up for anyone. I’ve been continuously active for at least 11 days and I haven’t seen it on my main character though it has showed up on my low-level. I had it waiting when I logged in a month or so ago haven’t seen it since. Is anyone else experiencing this? I’ve got 10 Irrigo and would really like to clear that out.

You may want to bugreport it.

This is a bit worrying Time the Healer came but it now says

&quotYou may have a Professional Payment waiting at your Lodgings; wounds and other hazards have faded, as has your reputation in the public eye. You may also have received Fleeting Recollections, which will allow you to to remove Irrigo.&quot

The &quotmay&quot meant that I did not get a Fleeting Recollections so I have no way to clear my Irrigo. It also reads as though you might not get a Professional Payment (I did this time) but it definitely looks like it is possible for someone not to be paid.

Well if you don’t have a profession, you don’t get paid. I also didn’t get any Fleeting Recollections and reported it as a possible bug.
edited by Dolan on 3/14/2014

[quote=circe]This is a bit worrying Time the Healer came but it now says

&quotYou may have a Professional Payment waiting at your Lodgings; wounds and other hazards have faded, as has your reputation in the public eye. You may also have received Fleeting Recollections, which will allow you to to remove Irrigo.&quot

The &quotmay&quot meant that I did not get a Fleeting Recollections so I have no way to clear my Irrigo. It also reads as though you might not get a Professional Payment (I did this time) but it definitely looks like it is possible for someone not to be paid.[/quote]

I’m guessing the ‘may’ is meant so if you don’t have irrigo, you can’t clear it. That you have irrigo and can’t clear it sounds like a bug - email support.

I’ll wait and see what comes of your bug report then. Of course if you have no profession you couldn’t get a professional payment. But to me “may” means something is possible but not guaranteed so it might be expected behaviour.

I really hope it’s just a bug and a possible misunderstanding of the wording. Not receiving payments or removing irrigo would be ghastly.

I also just received my visit from Time the Healer with no Fleeting Recollections either. I too will be submitting a bug report and hope that the “may” is not going to be an indicator of randomness to this. I don’t want to be more at the whims of the RNG than I already am, particularly in regards to payments or losing my irrigo.

Same here. It seems payment it is sure, but Irrigo reduction might be not.[li]

TtH visited today for both my characters, and I didn’t get Fleeting Recollections on either. The blog post said TtH now ‘gives Fleeting Recollections’, not ‘may give’, so I’m hoping it’s just a bug, and I’ve reported it as such. Making irrigo reduction random would just be cruel.

I had irrigo 4 and received no Fleeting Recollections. What is the minimum to receive it?

I think I should have gotten a visit by now, but nothing. Maybe things are being tweaked.

(I used to ge tthe visits on Thursday, but with the last couple of delays I’m not 100% sre when it should arrive now.)

My alt had 10 irrigo and didn’t get a Fleeting Recollections either. Should we be filing bug reports? (I’ve never actually done one, how do we go about doing that?)

For bugreports, email support@failbettergames.com with as much relevant detail as you can provide.

thanks!

&quotFleeting Recollections remains unchanged, at 0&quot means that there’s a random chance that one might get this quality, and if one doesn’t, then it remains unchanged, presumably no matter what the current value is. I have 9 irrigo, and while irrigo might affect the likelihood of getting Fleeting Recollections, there wouldn’t need to be a connection between the two. Unless it turns out that the random thing is set to random by mistake, it seems to be an intentional feature to make visits to the Cave of Nadir a less than weekly occurrence. Oh well, it was profitable while it lasted?