This may be a bug, maybe not: re Confessions

As a Person of Some Insignificane, I had all 6 of my Confession offers accepted early, but I had misunderstood the cap and sent out many more confession offers than just 6. Most folks have been waiting until now to accept Confessions, but a few took them while they were still being sent out.
I’ve started burying my Confessions, and that causes Confessions to go down. So that when just now someone accepted my Confession offer (which has been in queue all week), Confessions went back up! The bottom line of this is that I now have Confessions of 4, and I presume that further acceptances will raise the number again. I suppose it doesn’t make any difference, since Confessions are closed now, but it was a bit of a surprise. My question is whether this is a feature or a bug, and whether it makes any difference anyway. I’d hate to be inadvertently exploiting the game.

– Mal

I’d consider it a quirk of how the system works.

So I guess it’s possible to break the non-posi limit by sending a bunch of confession requests at once and having people accept them when able. Presumably anyone doing this should include a note asking not to decline the invitation if it doesn’t work the first time.

Ah. had I but known, I would have sent out even more confessions. Looks like I’m going to fall a few short of 100 spirit.

– Mal

[quote=Optimatum]So I guess it’s possible to break the non-posi limit by sending a bunch of confession requests at once and having people accept them when able. Presumably anyone doing this should include a note asking not to decline the invitation if it doesn’t work the first time.[/quote]Oh, accepting the requests for petty confessions would work perfectly fine for the recipients. It’s the person sending those requests that risks ending up with quite a few contacts with Trust 1 and no confessions left to raise that Trust to 2 in case the recipients confess quickly enough for the sender to hit the confession cap. I read something last year about getting extra confessions to even things out for those who had asked for more confessions than they could handle, but that didn’t seem to happen this year.

Oohhh… That’s exactly what I’m experiencing at the moment. I have one person too many, or one too few confessions to be able to Consign a friend’s Confession safely to the Bazaar.
I’ve been thinking about it and was trying to figure out how best to explain it in a support@failbettergames.com email.

Though now I’m not sure what to do - which person do I leave hanging with Trust1 rather than Trust2.
Kinda wish I’d known beforehand, because I was just keeping track of confessions sent/received, without considering which were POSI and which ones weren’t. :-/