This can't be good (spoilers)

So it seems The Dauntless Temperence Campaigner is pouring gallons of prisoner’s honey down a well. I’m sure nothing bad can come of pouring gallons of dream honey down a spooky well. It’s not like there are any connections between wells and dangerous dream based entities. This is fine. Everything is fine.
edited by An Individual on 6/29/2017

Does this mean Stoned-Out-Of-His-Mind Mr. Eaten is going to be a thing from now on? Because that would be amazing.

In that case, maybe he should change his name to Mr Munchies.

Prisoners Honey actually decreases your appetite - that’s why honey addicts all look so thin and malnourished.

[quote=An Individual]This is fine. Everything is fine.
[/quote]

I believe you mean all shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

On a derail I got chills watching the latest Twin Peaks and the distinctly Eaten-esque mantra:

This is the water and this is the well. Drink full and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.

I’m sure nothing can possibly go wrong here. There are plans for reckonings. Although I’m not sure they cover for idiocy of this level.
edited by Kylestien on 6/29/2017

What harm could possibly occur when he joins all the other honey dreamers? It could be a wonderful party.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I don’t think anyone has ever considered the question of: &quotWhat would happen if I poured a ton of honey down a well?&quot

I would think it would eventually start fermenting or rotting, so we either end up with a bunch of mead or a cesspit?
Or it might just solidify, like all the honey I’ve ever had for more than a month. Well-candy, anyone?

[quote=Pumpkinhead]I would think it would eventually start fermenting or rotting, so we either end up with a bunch of mead or a cesspit?
Or it might just solidify, like all the honey I’ve ever had for more than a month. Well-candy, anyone?[/quote]
Real honey is basically immortal. There are jars of it from ancient Egypt that are still perfectly edible. Crystalizing is perfectly natural for honey and doesn’t affect its edibility.

Maybe if we give Mr Eaten enough honey, he’ll be transported to Parabola and keep the Fingerkings busy. That or his immense appetite will just serve as a bottomless honey trashcan.

[quote=MidnightVoyager]
Real honey is basically immortal. There are jars of it from ancient Egypt that are still perfectly edible. Crystalizing is perfectly natural for honey and doesn’t affect its edibility.[/quote]

I didn’t know that. What an interesting tidbit! Thank you!

Yeah, I learned too. Cool fact!
So I guess what we’re saying is the honey will crystalize in the bottom of the well, for the inhabitants of the 7th city to dig up and ponder over?

[quote=An Individual]So it seems The Dauntless Temperence Campaigner is pouring gallons of prisoner’s honey down a well. I’m sure nothing bad can come of pouring gallons of dream honey down a spooky well. It’s not like there are any connections between wells and dangerous dream based entities. This is fine. Everything is fine.
edited by An Individual on 6/29/2017[/quote]

…oh, no. Well-water (and Mr. Eaten’s blessing) is a vital ingredient in frying traditional Mutton Island rubbery lumps.

I’m going to be so mad if this inshore dumping sweetens the Lumps too much. Or puts snakes in them.
[li]

[quote=LillianAranach][quote=MidnightVoyager]
Real honey is basically immortal. There are jars of it from ancient Egypt that are still perfectly edible. Crystalizing is perfectly natural for honey and doesn’t affect its edibility.[/quote]

I didn’t know that. What an interesting tidbit! Thank you![/quote]

Honey’s really cool that way. The crystallization actually is self-preservation. If you have crystallized honey, all you have to do is heat it up (slowly. Put the jar in warm water and let it heat) and bam, it is now liquid honey once more. Or you can just eat it, it’s still honey. It just wouldn’t be as good for tea… more like a thing you put on a biscuit.

In Nemesis, you have a drop of red honey that you take. It was a fragment found in a jar that was re-liquefied. So it seems like special honey acts at least similar to normal honey in that way.

You also use a few crystallized chips of red honey in Sunless Sea, while raiding the Tomb of the Monkey Emperors.

The idea of Mr. Eaten getting stoned is rather hilarious to me. Maybe he’d enjoy the honey dreams, you know get out and about from the wells where he’s stuck. Bit of fresh would be good for him.

A vote for the DTC is a vote for getting Mr Eaten stoned!

I’m using that. I’m using that.