THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO NOTABILITY v20.02.10

I am not yet a PoSI, but writing stories looks decent as a way to store a quick boost of MW for future or a bad day.

I took into account the AP needed to gain Echoes at a rate of 1.7 EPA. So if an action yields 1 MW and 0 E, you’ll need to use another AP to gain the 1.7; this gets a 0.5 MW/AP including E. In the formula I used your values of 1.4 EPA + 0.8 MW/AP
I used this math as I needed E, but also MW. The required MW offered me the possibility to farm them using ToT conversion carousel.

[quote=Skinnyman][quote=Mizadil ]
How did you come up with 0.68? A masterful short story takes 37 actions and gives ~40 MW on success, ~22 on failure (60/40 chance at 100 potential.)

(40*.6+22*.4)/37 = 0.86315789473684210526315789473684
[/quote]
I took into account the AP needed to gain Echoes at a rate of 1.7 EPA. So if an action yields 1 MW and 0 E, you’ll need to use another AP to gain the 1.7; this gets a 0.5 MW/AP including E. In the formula I used your values of 1.4 EPA + 0.8 MW/AP
I used this math as I needed E, but also MW. The required MW offered me the possibility to farm them using ToT conversion carousel.[/quote]

Properly defined, the mw problem has three input variables: What is the most profitable (or least costly) way to get X cp of mw in Y actions or less (i.e. before tth comes to you), assuming that any leftover actions will earn Z epa.
edited by Mizadil on 6/23/2016

Exactly my point! I offered more described options in case a high amount of MWs isn’t required. Odd that Grenem hasn’t join the discussion yet. :p

I think, since I just needed this, and couldn’t find it, I better post on it.

Once again, thank you VERY much.

I also find The Life of the Mind in the Court useful when grinding Notability. It gives 1CP and also honey each time, so it is at least reliable. I used it extensively at Hallowmass and it helped me take my Notability up multiple times while providing something useful on the side.

Exactly one year since the last update, I’ve combed through to adjust a few things that have changed as the Fallen London Reworks and the Renown conversions progress.

Notably, the Docks card is no longer a source of Making Waves, and several alternative BDR items have been added to the “Gloves” and “Boots” categories, as well as a Fate-locked 3 BDR Transport.

Nice guide.

Regarding your section on BDR items: I don’t know if this is still available for new characters, but the Judgmental Hat gives a point of Bizarre and is given freely.

Thanks, this was very useful.

The Shroom-Hopping Races are a decent source of MW, along with other things. Winning the race gives ~5 CP. Retrieving a lady’s hat gives 1.

I didn’t get any Making Waves despite robbing the Brass Embassy

Thank you kindly! I’m trying to decide whether to go for Paramount Presence and your quite comprehensive guide is very useful for double checking things :)

Would just say fanks as I neva bovered with any of this rigamarole until that legal bird showed up - all high n mighty she was. But I showed her, oh yeah, I can be all posh an that when the needs arises. ‘How do you do you, oh how perfectly fascinating!’ As for climbing the ranks of the nobs never knew how, but fanks to yer guide I think I might know a way in, and me n’the lads n’lasses should have a field day once we hobnobbing with the rich folks!

I have found that grinding MW at The University was fairly quick and easy (once you get invited). Not sure how conventional that is.