The Ultimate Guide to Favours and Renown

[quote=PSGarak]You need two runs through the &quotcycle&quot to make it a cycle: one to obtain a Mark of Credit, and one to find a home for it. So, 42 actions and 2 draws of an Abundant-frequency card.

That’s still above-average for grinding favors, if you can use more than one of the favors handed out. Most of the deterministic methods out there require 20+ actions for 1 favor, so 42 actions for 4 is a great deal and 42 actions for 2 is still good. Plus, the circuit is entirely within London and does not require any actions be spent in contiguous blocks.[/quote]
To be completely accurate, it’s 44 actions (2 of them for Abundant cards). You also get 12 echoes-worth of Intriguing Snippets along with the Favours.

So: 44 actions for 4 Favours and 12 echoes.

Updated with the new Mayor card.

I can’t believe that nobody’s mentioned this yet (and if they have but you didn’t want to include it for some reason, sorry for wasting your time), but you can get a Constables favour from informing them about A Commission From Anarchists, which is infinitely repeatable so long as you don’t ever actually accept the commission. You’d think they’d eventually learn that I’m never going to work for them, but I suppose if they had the intelligence to make deductions like that, they wouldn’t be revolutionaries.

Wiki proof: http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Inform_the_Constables_2

ewokonfire: Added! :)

Brilliant guide, thanks for compiling it all!
I’m stuck on the Urchins issue. All my characters have gained “What the Thunder Said” over 25 each & “Stormy Eyed” 11 or 12, and are now locked out of Stormy Eyed increases. Is there a way to obliterate WtTS? Or to raise SE without a qualifying low amount of WtTS?

Perhaps a support ticket might be met with compassionate tanking of it for me, one time.

[quote=Shalinoth]Brilliant guide, thanks for compiling it all!
I’m stuck on the Urchins issue. All my characters have gained &quotWhat the Thunder Said&quot over 25 each & &quotStormy Eyed&quot 11 or 12, and are now locked out of Stormy Eyed increases. Is there a way to obliterate WtTS? Or to raise SE without a qualifying low amount of WtTS?

Perhaps a support ticket might be met with compassionate tanking of it for me, one time.[/quote]
You can grind Stormy-Eyed on Mutton Island. See: I bid the wind speak.

Oh my thank you! I overlooked that one by wrongly presuming it was seasonal.

Apparently I never thought to add the options to spend Favours for Tribute in the LoT 5th Coil. This has now been rectified.

It’s been rectified incorrectly. You get 5 London Street Signs, not 4.

Want to point out that the most expensive option on the Shepherd card gives 4-5 favours. I don’t know where the 3-5 started, but seen it in multiple places.
edited by Skinnyman on 3/18/2019

[quote=Tyrconnell]It’s been rectified incorrectly. You get 5 London Street Signs, not 4.[/quote]While that’s not what I was talking about, thanks anyway! :D

[quote=Skinnyman]Want to point out that the most expensive option on the Shepherd card gives 4-5 favours. I don’t know where the 3-5 started, but seen it in multiple places.[/quote]I could swear I got only 3 at least once, but it’s not like I take this action all that often… can someone confirm?

Never got 3. Always 4 to 5, and I play the option every two or three days.

I don’t know if someone’s mentioned this or not, but you need Renown: The Church 10 (and 12 Volumes of Collated Research) to earn your Membership of God’s Editors.

Checking Wiki, I see that A peculiar practice card from University gives 1 favour, but it’s unlocked if the player already has one.
Can anyone confirm this?

I play that card reasonably often, so can confirm that it gives 1 TC Favour. I think they changed this option some time after TC Renown was implemented. I’ve amended the guide, thank you! :)

I can’t say now whether the option is only unlocked when you already have 1 Favour. I’ll check that next time I see it.

:edit: Can confirm that you need no Favour to unlock the option. Amended the wiki entry, too.

:edit: Updated the guide with the new (Lord) Mayor card. :)
edited by phryne on 8/13/2019

Added the new Hallowmas Affiliation opportunity cards as a possible source of Favours for Bohemians, Criminals and the Church. :)

… and the new Fate-locked Affiliation from the Incarnadine Robe for Favours: The Great Game!
edited by phryne on 12/13/2019

I haven’t noticed any new ways of grinding Favours among the new content so far, but I’ve been playing on-and-off for the past few months. It’s possible something might have slipped by me. Do tell if there’s anything worth adding! :)

What I will do is add a post for Favours: Fingerkings. There aren’t a great many ways of earning or spending them yet, but who knowzz what the future holdzz… ;)

Graduating Gifted Student in lab gives 1 F:Society.

The Thief-Oath of Tristram Bagley (optional item from Hearts Desire Ambition) adds a card where one of the options provides +1 Favour Criminals

( https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/An_Encounter_with_Tristram_Bagley )
edited by Waterpls on 5/23/2020