The Tyranny of the Masters

[li]

How dare they oppress me thus, I do what I want!
(but who’s the laughing one I really would like to know)

What happened?

The laughter is life, laughing. Laughing at life.

Basically you cannot exit &quotmust event&quot by opening something else - i.e. no exiting out of ARRESTED! by opening a bottle of Absolution, or some such shenanigans.

I bet it is spacemarine [color=#1c1c1c]because everyone else is too dignified (on the surface at least)[/color]

Basically you cannot exit &quotmust event&quot by opening something else - i.e. no exiting out of ARRESTED! by opening a bottle of Absolution, or some such shenanigans.

I bet it is spacemarine [color=#1c1c1c]because everyone else is too dignified (on the surface at least)[/color][/quote]

Now wait a darnating tarnation of a second -are you telling me that if ome the brink of losing my marbles I attempt to take a swig of my always handy, in no way addicted to, laudanum, the dastardly Masters have ensured that I cannot?!?

Perturbed,

Arden

I bet it is spacemarine [color=#1c1c1c]because everyone else is too dignified (on the surface at least)[/color][/quote]

Now wait a darnating tarnation of a second -are you telling me that if ome the brink of losing my marbles I attempt to take a swig of my always handy, in no way addicted to, laudanum, the dastardly Masters have ensured that I cannot?!?

Perturbed,

Arden[/quote]

If your Suspicion (or nay other menace) has just hit 8 and you haven’t triggered the next storylet (by going to the Storylet tab, for example), then you can use items to drop your menaces. However, if the MUST storylet (e.g. &quotArrested!&quot) has been triggered you can’t avoid it.

I think the other menaces’ must events just send you to the menace zone immediately, where you cannot use items at all.

On the other hand, using items can still get you out of non-must cards that just happen to not have a “perhaps not”. For example, the hesperidean dream cards.

Sometimes your trip to a Menace zone is delayed for various reasons, usually because you’re in a special location. When this happens, you can sometimes sneak a sip in-between exiting on location and being shipped to another. Just recently, I was able to nip a tipple right after seeing through Storm’s eyes, and saved myself a boat trip.

Well that be a relief -come here laudanum, you can still live in my breastpocket!

Relieved,

Arden