The Sixth City.

They say that London is the Fifth of Seven cities that will be taken by the Bazaar. My question, which do you think will be the next on the list?
I say New York, New York, a Metropolis of Secrets, Love, Shadows, and Danger. Perfect for the Masters to take, eh?
edited by ProfessorDetective on 1/2/2013

London.

London will escape the neath and the masters will have to (try to) retake it.

For pure campanilism I’d go for Rome :3 It escaped once, but there won’t always be such a resourceful pope to avert the stealing…

I am pretty sure it’s impossible to predict as of yet – the Bazaar seems to have ~500 year gaps between cities, I believe it was? Which means the Sixth City would have to be stolen some time in the mid-2200s.

Personally, though, I’d go for either Hong Kong or Tokyo. Japan and China are quickly taking the lead technologically and economically on the world stage…although, a bigger concern would be if there are any potential love stories of interest to the Masters.
edited by Little The on 1/3/2013

[quote=ProfessorDetective]They say that London is the Fifth of Seven cities that will be taken by the Bazaar. My question, which do you think will be the next on the list?
I say New York, New York, a Metropolis of Secrets, Love, Shadows, and Danger. Perfect for the Masters to take, eh?
edited by ProfessorDetective on 1/2/2013[/quote]

I agree. I’ve fantasized about it more than once.

I think the 500 bit is misleading and utter coincidence if it pans out to be true. Considering that some masters would already like to be rid of London, as suggested in a single storylet I’ve forgotten, I don’t see why they would have some arbitrary 500 year interval.

Anyway, New York. 1930s. Totally. If there is still a bazaar to fell cities when I’m through with it…

If it does not sink under its own weigth or from the rising sea, I’d say Shanghai is a good candidate.

I think there’s an overarching theme in all the cities taken so far is that they’re at the height of their power, but also on the edge of decline. So if we accept that there’s no hard and fast limit for how long a gap lies between thefts, then I would warrant a guess at some big American city. Perhaps a Chinese or Japanese city, if their economy fails to grow sufficiently.

I’ve long been of the opinion that Metro 2033 is secretly a distant sequel to Fallen London, so my answer is Moscow. The Seventh City, of course, will be [color=000000]a colony on Mars.[/color]