The price of treachery [SPOILERS]

Greetings ^^

I am planning my next moves, and I’m going to pimp up my Watchful quality, after some time I neglected it a bit in favour of Persuasive. Soon it will be time to make a choice between the forces of the Constables and the legions of Hell, in the storylet “A Raid on the Brass Embassy!”. I read in the wiki that it’s a one-or-the-other choice, disappearing after it is completed once, and giving either of two traits - A Constable’s Pet or An Infernal Informant.

Does anybody know of any long-term effects this choice could have? Currently I am not particularly committed to any of the two factions, but both my useful past connections with criminals and my final decision in the Loquacious Vicar storylet make me propend a little for the Hellish choice. Any advice is appreciated.

Absolutely none, as of now…

I believe Mister Burandt is correct. It seems to be strictly a characterization quality with no actual gameplay effect.

Except for gaining a little favor with one faction and loosing a lot with the other. You lose more than you gain though, so apart from characterization the only real benifit is that you can use it to quickly lower one of the connections to less than 10, so you won’t draw this card again and can get on to drawing more useful cards instead.
edited by Malt Jones on 1/10/2012

I always choose hell in such matters. They’re so much more interesting.

Except for gaining a little favor with one faction and loosing a lot with the other. You lose more than you gain though, so apart from characterization the only real benifit is that you can use it to quickly lower one of the connections to less than 10, so you won’t draw this card again and can get on to drawing more useful cards instead.
edited by Malt Jones on 1/10/2012[/quote]

It’s not a card, it’s a storylet! So I wanted to take a decision before seeing it disappear :s (well, I’m preparing in advance ^^ ). Thanks to everyone!

Ahh, my apologies, it seems I confuse it with the likes of those trifling little disputes between my bohemian friends and my friends amongst the clergy.

Mind, though, that I explicitly wrote as of now. Who knows what the developers have yet in store? Maybe all our little treacheries and deceits will creep up on us some day… (dramatic, slightly disquieting music)

…Then I’d probably better ask madame Shoshana XD

I can only speak to the (lack of) long-term effects for NOT making a choice. I did not complete that storylet waaay back when I was at that level, and I haven’t noticed any problems from not having either of those two accomplishments.

In addition, although the storylet did disappear for awhile when my Watchful level rose, it eventually came back when FBG returned some of the terminal storylets to the early areas of London, so that they would never be completely lacking in things to do.

In other words, over a real-life year later, with my stats capped at 130, I can still choose to Raid the Brass Embassy. Granted, this may change if FBG readjusts the parameters for showing that story. But for now, at least, you can continue to ponder and make your choice later, if desired.

I can only speak to the (lack of) long-term effects for NOT making a choice. I did not complete that storylet waaay back when I was at that level, and I haven’t noticed any problems from not having either of those two accomplishments.

In addition, although the storylet did disappear for awhile when my Watchful level rose, it eventually came back when FBG returned some of the terminal storylets to the early areas of London, so that they would never be completely lacking in things to do.

In other words, over a real-life year later, with my stats capped at 130, I can still choose to Raid the Brass Embassy. Granted, this may change if FBG readjusts the parameters for showing that story. But for now, at least, you can continue to ponder and make your choice later, if desired.[/quote]

That’s reassuring ^^ Thanks!