The Pinnacle of Theological Husbandry [SPOILER!]

Now that I have my very own B…d Owl, I can’t seem to figure out whether this thing is an animal, a mechanical contraption, something in between… or something entirely different. Any thoughts?

I’m not entirely sure, sir but at this moment my B…d Owl is seriously doing damage to my supply of lucky weasels …

Yes, well, I was always afraid that their luck might run out at some point. Poor things.

It appears to be materially organic; that is to say, of more interest to the cryptopaleontologist than the engineer. Beyond that - who can say?

“I’d love to be able to tell you more about the process, except I can’t seem to remember it myself. A sheaf of research, a sip of redolence, and I wake up an hour later naked on the floor with most of my pets missing and that… thing staring at me. It seems to think I’m its mother. I’m not sure it’s wrong.”

I don’t entirely know what mine is but it terrifies me…

The worst part about getting it was then having to go back around and get all the component critters again. I shall not suffer a gap in my menagerie!

I’m permitting a toad-shaped gap in my menagerie. I don’t miss it.

And I, for one, have had nothing but trouble with ocelots.

So it is possible to re-obtain them after the final breeding experiment? I would very much regret sacrificing some of these creatures permanently?

Is the same true for earlier creatures such as the Rubbery Hound and Plated Seal? I am about to embark upon Theological Husbandry, and should very much like to keep them on in my own ever-growing collection.

[quote=Iris Savine-Mercatur]So it is possible to re-obtain them after the final breeding experiment? I would very much regret sacrificing some of these creatures permanently?

Is the same true for earlier creatures such as the Rubbery Hound and Plated Seal? I am about to embark upon Theological Husbandry, and should very much like to keep them on in my own ever-growing collection.[/quote]
Of course you can go back and aquire new ones. Though they won’t be the same individuals, obviously.

Indeed. I can’t bring myself to sacrifice the poor ocelot.

Why not? I mean, it just gets sent home right? That’s surely what all those noises mean. And the puddle of blood…

Nothing bad happens to it, it goes to the happy farm! Just like my turtle did when I went to summer camp!

I know this is Fate-locked content, but I have a question: I bought the upgrade, but I don’t know where to look for the animals. Is there any info anyone feels comfortable sharing. (I do know the Plated Seal is found while exploring at Zee; it’s the others I’m concerned about.)

One’s in the Labyrinth itself; one’s in Flute Street (bring candles); one’s in the Tomb-Colonies.

For the plated seal, you must get extremely lost at sea. For the Tomb-lion, you’ll need to be exiled to the tomb-colonies. For a Rubbery Hound, visit Flute Street. For a Somnolent Hyena, visit the second coil.

That said, I have just bought the formula as well and produced a Corresponding Ocelot, Ocular Toadbeast and Slavering Dream-hound. I think I must be missing one but looking at my pets I can’t figure out which one.
edited by Kermitron on 7/3/2013

You’ve intuited the situation correctly - once you have all four of the advanced creatures, you can do something with them (though not in the Labyrinth - back at your Lodgings, with your study-notes) that will consume them and give you something new.

You’re missing the Stallion, which I think you get by breeding the Tomb-Lion.

Edit: It’s a transport, by the way. +2 Dreaded. Pretty nice if you haven’t done the fate-locked Velocipede Squad storylet. :)
edited by Sara Hysaro on 7/3/2013

[quote=Kermitron]For the plated seal, you must get extremely lost at sea. For the Tomb-lion, you’ll need to be exiled to the tomb-colonies. For a Rubbery Hound, visit Flute Street. For a Somnolent Hyena, visit the second coil.

That said, I have just bought the formula as well and produced a Corresponding Ocelot, Ocular Toadbeast and Slavering Dream-hound. I think I must be missing one but looking at my pets I can’t figure out which one.
edited by Kermitron on 7/3/2013[/quote]

You’re missing the Obdurate Stallion. I forget how you get it. Fate locked, but I don’t remember which creature you have to breed with the juice…