The Penultimate Update: Light Fingers

[color=#cc0099]Most delicious and patient friends, we are pleased to announce that the penultimate update to Light Fingers is now live. Those up to date with the Light Fingers ambition will find it throughout London, and may find they have access to somewhere entirely new (and exceedingly terrifying).

There is no current set date for the final updates to all ambitions. It’s important to us to give these stories the endings they deserve and, amongst other requirements, that takes time. That being said there are still plenty of other exciting things to come from the Fallen London Reworks project before the year is through, including: the Cheery Man and the Last Constable, The Dilmun Club, and A Return to the Empress’ Court![/color]

The Club… I think I’ll just keep the card in hand just in case!
Many thanks, delicious! But what about being able to follow the ambition’s progress using the journal? Or something similar; copy+paste from Wiki to Google with quotes for a reminder or to relieve previous steps seems a bit tedious.

Reading the wiki, I’m a bit bummed that the ones who sided with the Cherry Man get to keep his card, but those who finished with the Last Constable lose her card.

I mean story wise it makes sense, I guess. I’m all for different choices having different and arguably ‘unequal’ outcomes, but still.

Oo-ha, this is gonna take some grindin’! Excited to get started!

Man, you’re not kidding. The last thing I did before the content barrier was heavy grinding (jeweled lenses?), I thought with the udpate I would be good to go… BOOM nine thousand glim. Good thing I’m an inveterate hoarder.
edited by PSGarak on 9/26/2017

[quote=Krysin]Reading the wiki, I’m a bit bummed that the ones who sided with the Cherry Man get to keep his card, but those who finished with the Last Constable lose her card.

I mean story wise it makes sense, I guess. I’m all for different choices having different and arguably ‘unequal’ outcomes, but still.[/quote]It didn’t bother me too much before the Favours/Renown conversion, but now both cards are sources of favours so it stings a little more. Perhaps after the storyline continuation neither side will have a card.

paces the floor while smoking endless cigarettes

I am going to be preparing for a while…

It’s moments like these that I wish there was an interplayer trading system so I could make bank on my 40k glim.

Drat. Those Rubbery Men will be the end of me. The rest has been fairly simple so far due to my fantastic hoarding abilities.

Man, you’re not kidding. snip
edited by PSGarak on 9/26/2017[/quote]
Or you could be like me and waste a few hundred echoes on your new hoard of glim because you’re an impatient b*****d.

On a side note, does anyone know if the options for prepping your journey to the roof make any difference story-wise? Both options for the crew and the zeppelin sound cool, and I’m having difficulty deciding on one. Any opinions?

edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 9/26/2017

Yeah, I’m just gonna reallocate some of my ubergoat grinding funds for this I think. Still have to finish the former content boundary, and the wiki isn’t fully updated so I don’t know my next shopping list in full though. But it’ll be a fun break up of the grinding I’ve be doing between exceptional stories

I just realized, that to get 9000 Glim fragments, I tutor Lyme. So Frank and Jasper are paying me to aid someone that they’ve been ordered to hunt down.

Whoops I think I accidentally reported someone’s post. Please disregard that, mods!

I’ve got to say that Poor Edward getting so mad he just snaps and reaches across the table to strangle you like Homer Simpson is both hilarious and terrifying in equal measure.[li]
edited by Gul al-Ahlaam on 9/26/2017

Omg did anyone journal that?

By the way - anyone know if there’s any more efficient ways to grind glim than Unfinished Business? I think that’s around ~110 per action.

Tutoring Lyme in the Mahogany quarter is also roughly 100-110 per action, but the carousel ends with a nice fat bonus of an additional 700. Well worth it.

I really want to grab those rubberys for my crew but the blue amber I need can only be opatained as I know from the nadir which takes forever.
is there any way of obtaining that in a resonabley short amount of time?.

Either Forgotten Quarter expeditions (Thieves’ Cache has a 21% chance), or via the Rubbery Men card (trade Warm Amber).

edited by dov on 9/27/2017