The Parthanaeum or the Young Stags Club?

Agreed. The clubs simply seem less welcoming to the ladies and more male-centered.

It would be a bit anachronistic, but a club that’s the equivalent of the Bloomsbury Group would be my choice. Or at least something with a political bent more suited for the bohemian or revolutionary types.

Hardly useless if you’re grinding your Salon. I use it all the time.

Hardly useless if you’re grinding your Salon. I use it all the time.[/quote]

As Estelle points out below, the grind in the palace is, if not better for everyone, better for most, and doesn’t require giving up all that wine.

I ended up choosing the Parthaneum. There are assorted ways to grind wine and reputation, but the Suspicion removal on an opportunity card was more valuable to me than the occasional quick buck.

I, too, once struggled with unwanted attention from the Constables and the like. Ever since I have discovered Nikolas & Sons Instant Ablution Absolution, I have been free of the suspicion that used to cling so persistently!

Levelling up your shadowy also helps considerably.

Reading about the women’s societies is very interesting. Perhaps a society dedicated to beautifying the tomb colonists? It’s a bit like nursing… I think that Fallen London allows women to be far less constricted than they were before the fall. Maybe it’s because there are no babies?

Imagine the role playing opportunities…

No babies? Of course there are babies! Urchins don’t just tumble from the cavern roof like glimfall.
edited by Lady Taimi Felix on 5/28/2015

Are you sure? Urchins are very good at stealing and like heights, so perhaps they are born like glim! I’ve never seen a human baby in the Neath.

And wouldn’t that lead to serious overpopulation problems eventually?

Are you sure? Urchins are very good at stealing and like heights, so perhaps they are born like glim! I’ve never seen a human baby in the Neath.

And wouldn’t that lead to serious overpopulation problems eventually?[/quote]

The game explicitly states that the souls of people &quotborn below&quot are different. And I’m pretty sure there’s a baby seen in the Eater of Chains story.

The game explicitly states that the souls of people &quotborn below&quot are different. And I’m pretty sure there’s a baby seen in the Eater of Chains story.[/quote]

I do not recall seeing that, but I’m curious to learn more.

I searched for baby on the wiki, and there seems to be some mention of a baby in the Light Fingers ambition, but the text is trimmed. :(

I am sorry for taking over the thread!

The Masters stated in an interview that people who have died and came back to life can still have kids.

The game explicitly states that the souls of people &quotborn below&quot are different. And I’m pretty sure there’s a baby seen in the Eater of Chains story.[/quote]

I do not recall seeing that, but I’m curious to learn more.

I searched for baby on the wiki, and there seems to be some mention of a baby in the Light Fingers ambition, but the text is trimmed. :(

I am sorry for taking over the thread![/quote]
I think there was one in the family that you try to save. I could be remembering wrong, though, because that was a long time ago.

Where was the interview where they said that about people coming back to life? I don’t recall that one.

It was on Twitter. Here’s a link to the tweet I mentioned. :)

Oh, I’d join The Institute as a ‘ladies’ club! NotTheWI, but with tendencies toward politics, learning, and a trade in secrets. How about it, devs?

Agreed. The clubs simply seem less welcoming to the ladies and more male-centered.

It would be a bit anachronistic, but a club that’s the equivalent of the Bloomsbury Group would be my choice. Or at least something with a political bent more suited for the bohemian or revolutionary types.[/quote]

[quote=Quilster]Oh, I’d join The Institute as a ‘ladies’ club! NotTheWI, but with tendencies toward politics, learning, and a trade in secrets. How about it, devs?

It would be a bit anachronistic, but a club that’s the equivalent of the Bloomsbury Group would be my choice. Or at least something with a political bent more suited for the bohemian or revolutionary types.[/quote][/quote]
This sounds like a fine addition. There’s already a nucleus of such a group in the student body of Bentic college.

Myself, I like the mystery cult nature of the Stags - but it would be nice to see some female Stags.

The exceptional story focused on the Stags sealed my choice. I chose the Parthenaeum.

Something about ritual murder and cannibalism just harshes my buzz, man. I dunno, maybe I’m just weird that way.

[quote=Eglantine-Fox]The exceptional story focused on the Stags sealed my choice. I chose the Parthenaeum.

Something about ritual murder and cannibalism just harshes my buzz, man. I dunno, maybe I’m just weird that way.

Are you kidding?! Those are the best parts!

I chose the Parntheneum, as the Stags seemed too cruel for my tastes, even before the Exceptional Story. Their victims are often among the downtrodden.

However, I would love it if there were more clubs to choose from and if one could be a member of more clubs than one, as in real-life London, even if some were mutually exclusive. Obviously, you cannot be both a Stag and a Parthenian, but what if there were exploration societies, Orient-appreciation societies, friends of the fine Arts etcc? Each with their own stats and cards, of course, and many with their rivalries.

I chose the Parnthenueum solely on the fact it was described to have good port. I figured that would a be a deciding factor for a high quirk hedonist.
We have the exploration society in the Dilnum club, though a rival would be interesting. . .

[quote=Jolanda Swan]I chose the Parntheneum, as the Stags seemed too cruel for my tastes, even before the Exceptional Story. Their victims are often among the downtrodden.

However, I would love it if there were more clubs to choose from and if one could be a member of more clubs than one, as in real-life London, even if some were mutually exclusive. Obviously, you cannot be both a Stag and a Parthenian, but what if there were exploration societies, Orient-appreciation societies, friends of the fine Arts etcc? Each with their own stats and cards, of course, and many with their rivalries.[/quote]
I think its better for clubs to remain exclusive, like one’s choice of destiny and ship. It helps distinguish one character from another and one club from another.

We already have an exploration society in the form of the Dilmun Club, whose members are planning a Northern and a Southern expedition. Failbetter just needs to give them more content. Similarly, there are four artistic movements for the player to choose from, but they don’t have much content right now. There’s also the Glass/Shroud conflict, which is likewise needs more content.

The artistic schools each having their own card would be interesting.

[quote=Anne Auclair][quote=Jolanda Swan]I chose the Parntheneum, as the Stags seemed too cruel for my tastes, even before the Exceptional Story. Their victims are often among the downtrodden.

However, I would love it if there were more clubs to choose from and if one could be a member of more clubs than one, as in real-life London, even if some were mutually exclusive. Obviously, you cannot be both a Stag and a Parthenian, but what if there were exploration societies, Orient-appreciation societies, friends of the fine Arts etcc? Each with their own stats and cards, of course, and many with their rivalries.[/quote]
I think its better for clubs to remain exclusive, like one’s choice of destiny and ship. It helps distinguish one character from another and one club from another.

We already have an exploration society in the form of the Dilmun Club, whose members are planning a Northern and a Southern expedition. Failbetter just needs to give them more content. Similarly, there are four artistic movements for the player to choose from, but they don’t have much content right now. There’s also the Glass/Shroud conflict, which is likewise needs more content.

The artistic schools each having their own card would be interesting.[/quote]

If we’re getting into Major Lateral decisions, Martial Tradition also deserves a card, describing you learning of what new methods have developed while you were busy turning people into fine paste. I would recommend keeping the custom options on all the laterals cardless, as their lack of info is the point, and it makes for an interesting decision of optimum deck vs character expression.
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 8/6/2016