The Naming of one's Clique

The clique I have recently joined is the aptly-named ‘League of Extraordinary Stereotypes’

Brilliant!

“The Correspondence Society” ; At some point in the future, perhaps I will have more Ecstatic Authorities to keep me company as we further our research.
Not-coincidentally, it is also the name of my radio show at my university’s campus. Opening is always “Hello, my Delicious Friends, and welcome to this week’s meeting of The Correspondence Society!” Because there are no rules against live-action roleplay in betweenst playin’ some jamz on the air.

[quote=ladylikeikneel]“The Correspondence Society” ; At some point in the future, perhaps I will have more Ecstatic Authorities to keep me company as we further our research.
Not-coincidentally, it is also the name of my radio show at my university’s campus. Opening is always “Hello, my Delicious Friends, and welcome to this week’s meeting of The Correspondence Society!” Because there are no rules against live-action roleplay in betweenst playin’ some jamz on the air.[/quote]

Nice show! Is the entire show in-character for Fallen London or just the name?

Mine is newly baptized the Laughing Philosophers, in honor of Democritus.

[quote=Owlor]
Nice show! Is the entire show in-character for Fallen London or just the name?[/quote]

I try to keep it as in-character as possible; some consessions must be made, of course, for the fact that I am required to do such things as announce the call letters and periodically make announcements of campus events. I’m also hindered by the fact that 50% of my set is required to be “rotation music,” aka the stuff that we get sent in for free from indie labels. My options aren’t always very Neathian, so I feel it hinders the atmosphere…

[quote=ladylikeikneel][quote=Owlor]
Nice show! Is the entire show in-character for Fallen London or just the name?[/quote]

I try to keep it as in-character as possible; some consessions must be made, of course, for the fact that I am required to do such things as announce the call letters and periodically make announcements of campus events. I’m also hindered by the fact that 50% of my set is required to be “rotation music,” aka the stuff that we get sent in for free from indie labels. My options aren’t always very Neathian, so I feel it hinders the atmosphere…[/quote]

How about doing a podcast version for us to hear? It’d free you from most of the restrictions, and it’d be nice to hear, even if you don’t have time to make anything regular.

[quote=Owlor]
How about doing a podcast version for us to hear? It’d free you from most of the restrictions, and it’d be nice to hear, even if you don’t have time to make anything regular.[/quote]

Huh, that’s actually a fairly interesting idea! Sadly, I haven’t the faintest clue how one goes about setting up a podcast… I believe I’ll have to stretch out the ol’ fingers and practice my google-fu.

[quote=ladylikeikneel][quote=Owlor]
How about doing a podcast version for us to hear? It’d free you from most of the restrictions, and it’d be nice to hear, even if you don’t have time to make anything regular.[/quote]

Huh, that’s actually a fairly interesting idea! Sadly, I haven’t the faintest clue how one goes about setting up a podcast… I believe I’ll have to stretch out the ol’ fingers and practice my google-fu.[/quote]

If you can’t find a host for it right away, you could just make a video out of the audio-files and put it up on youtube. I’d gladly help supply a logo for you, should you need it.

[quote=Owlor]
If you can’t find a host for it right away, you could just make a video out of the audio-files and put it up on youtube. I’d gladly help supply a logo for you, should you need it.[/quote]

Good suggestion, and thank you for the offer. I’ll certainly keep it in mind! ;)

I’m currently running with ‘The Fleet River assemblage’. I realise that the River Fleet is a prelapsarian name, but I do love the other London rivers. And ‘assemblage’ is sufficiently oblique to fit in well, I feel, with the EBZ style.

My Clique, comprised soley of me (And likely to stay that way), is The Mourners of Annabelle Masters, as a result of my personal little backstory.