The Naming of one's Clique

So… what are you naming your Clique, and why?

I named mine Seekers and Scholars, because of my devotion to and fascination of knowledge above all else.

Having selected the “Bazaarite” option as an answer to the Bohemian Sculptress, gaining the "A Friendship with a Bohemian Sculptress 7 - A Pragmatic Poet for Hire " quality, I went for Pragmatic Poets Society, both a fitting description ad a pun on the Dead Poets Society of the famous movie by Peter Weir ^^

I have called mine the Ghastly Thumbs. For finger-men of my innermost [criminal] circle. I do adore puns.

The clique invitations currently do not work for me, however. So my circle appears quite abysmal.
edited by Gourmandghast on 1/3/2012

I was, I confess, gratified to be invited to your clique for the name alone.

My primary account is another member of Seekers and Scholars. My second runs The Hubris House for Young Troublemakers, now accepting applications for the coming criminal term.

My clique is named the Circle of Allochthonous Savants, because none of the members are British…
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 3/24/2015

Order of the Friars of Saint Francis of Wycombe

1890 is a little late for a Hellfire Club reference, but I couldn’t think of a more apropos name for a merry band of miscreant hedonists.
Besides, if the folks in my clique would rather change the name, we can always take a vote and I’ll be happy to do so. They’ve been rather silent on the issue, however.

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]Order of the Friars of Saint Francis of Wycombe

1890 is a little late for a Hellfire Club reference, but I couldn’t think of a more apropos name for a merry band of miscreant hedonists.[/quote]

You could take for good X-Men’s continuity, with an incarnation of Hellfire club still alive and well (albeit secretly) in the 20th century and over, thus spanning roughly three centuries XD

Really, a club can go on indefinitely if someone, somewhere, knows its core structures and principles - like the Wobblies - or can reasonably pretend to - like the Golden Dawn. There are probably dozens of Hellfires, covering traditionalist libertines, overt Satanists, earnest radicals, indulgent dilettantes and assorted Byronic rakes.

Especially for clubs engaged in such… May I say shady?.. activities as the Hellfire, no wonder at one point it could have gone into full secrecy, ultimately taking refuge in the Neath, where social conventions are much more… “elastic” than Outside. It actually makes a good storyline _

I have named mine Madness and Wisdom. We seek the truth behind certain Recurring Dreams, and have discovered that there is a certain wisdom to be gained from the madness that comes from seeking after those Dreams.

I as well! I would be honored to join your clique, sir (a link to my profile is in my signature).

[quote=Wieland Burandt]My clique is named the Circle of Allochthonous Savants, because none of the members are British…
http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Rupho%20Schartenhauer
edited by Wieland Burandt on 1/5/2012[/quote]

By the way, a little question if I may… From where exactly? Rupho Schartenhauer sounds German, Sven Renken maybe Scandinavian - Sweden maybe?

(On his part, my Blue is English, but he lived in Italy before going to the Neath).

I named mine The Correspondence Cabal, because that’s one of my character’s greatest achievements; her level of scholarship at Correspondence scholarship.

By the way, a little question if I may… From where exactly?[/quote]

Three Germans, a Dutchman, an Israeli and an Australian…

(Though I admit that one of the three Germans is my alt character. I’d be prepared to kick him if someone from a really exotic country wanted to join…)
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 3/24/2015

The naming of Cliques is a difficult matter
Its a really tricky part of the game
Maybe you are the Exceptional Hatters
Just make sure you all dress the same
first of all, the name has to sound fun
though any name is better than none
with a difficult name you are easy to shun
same if your Clique name is too long
but it should sound fancy if you like more flair
or sensible if you are more dignified
Dont get frustrated, don’t tear out your hair
Any name will do if you treat it with pride
or keep it a secret like the secret of a cat
there are names for the fast and the slow
but the name of mister Eaten is one that
you should never, ever, ever know…
edited by Owlor on 1/31/2012

[quote=Owlor]The naming of Cliques is a difficult matter
Its a really tricky part of the game
Maybe you are the Exceptional Hatters
Just make sure you all dress the same
first of all, the name has to sound fun
though any name is better than none
with a difficult name you are easy to shun
same if your Clique name is too long
but it should sound fancy if you like more flair
or sensible if you are more dignified
Dont get frustrated, don’t tear out your hair
Any name will do if you treat it with pride
or keep it a secret like the secret of a cat
there are names for the fast and the slow
but the name of mister Eaten is one that
you should never, ever, ever know…
edited by Owlor on 1/31/2012[/quote]

Chapeau!

The Consortium of Misanthropic Gentlefolk, I don’t know why I did it.

I’m now in the Hubris House for young Troublemakers, I suppose in an assistant teachers position, helping to raise the next generation of criminals, but for a brief time, my own clique was named “The Mandoralls”, but it doesnt exist anymore. It is a reference to a character from the Belgariad by David Eddings, a sort of noble knight type, I guess I was going for irony…