The most dangerous path from here?

So, after starting a few months ago, I have consistantly being doing every dangerous deed to be done, I beat the tar out of everyone at watchmakers hill, I clocked the lot of them at wolfstack, I pummeled my way through the labyrinth of tigers, clobbered anything I could get my hands on at zee and have now given a thorough drubbing aboard my ratwork velocipede, having spun my wheels in a very violent fashion for quite some time.

Now I recognize the fact, that when you clear a fiery path with the vigor and consistancy that I have, you are bound, eventually, to run out of new individuals to wallop eventually, so I have to ask, is that where I have end up after all this? Am I at the end of the blood soaked road here?

If not, then which alley leads to the most heads to crack from here?

If so, well, I’m sitting at a (rather handsome) 123 unmodified dangerous, and a modified 167, and feel I’d rather like to gather up enough of those violent tendencies to be able to see myself become a shattering force. In order to do, I need a rather lot of dangerous points, which, naturally, will be a pretty notable grind, one way or another. But grinding is as grinding does, and grind I shall, but I have to wonder, in such a case, which wall is best to bash my head against from this point on?

Not just necessarily echoes per action based, but also just…well, generally, which is the most recommended for all aspects of the game, that is, in order to aquire good, grindable loot that can be used in a valuable way, such as purchasing housing and whatnot. I’d already found a dangerous way to get my place at the royal bethlehem, and I rather enjoyed the experience of killing one bird and also slightly inconveniencing the gargantuan monster bird behind it, with one stone. Or perhaps just a particularly quick method of grinding up the necessary cp, whatever designs you would have to offer in making the slow road to the homocidal singularity that little bit less mind numbingly tedious and unfufilling.

tl;dr: I’ve finished the fate locked behind the velocipede squad story, along with having effectively blitzed through all the dangerous story content to my knowledge, and am now looking for something to do, either in terms of new dangerous content I’ve not heard of or a less dreary/more useful way of grinding the cp to become a shattering force.

The most effective way to grind your dangerous up will be using Hard-Earned Lessons at your lodgings. Five of them will increase your dangerous by between one and fifty change points. This grind, however, does not provide any other benefits (loot-wise, that is).

In addition to that, of course, you’d need a way to grind up the second chances. Social actions are the easiest way to do that, if you can find someone to trade with.

Beyond that, the War of Assassins has checks for each main quality, so that is a good way to grind any of them up while making a tidy sum of cash.

I personally like the hang out in the labyrinth as a change of pace from my normal activities when grinding dangerous. Useful source of glim but probably not the best source.

I’ve been working up my Dangerous by Riding the Savage Cobbles. I don’t believe the fate-locked Velocipede Squad story locks you out of that. Either way, I’ve been using the Riot payout at the end of Savage Cobbles to cash into bottles of Broken Giant, which I’ve been using to convert to Cellars of Wine. My endgame is to have enough Presumptuous Opportunities to turn my cellars into Airag, and then my Airag into Tears of the Bazaar, and of course my Tears eventually into a bottle of something a bit more potent, if you catch my drift.

As far as I know, it does, if you finish the storyline. (If this is incorrect, I’m certain someone will correct me!)

Dangerous is tough (pun not intended). Heists do yeoman’s work at raising shadowy, and are very helpful for many end-game grinds. The Uni has many grinds that are profitable (or pay out with unique bonuses like Hedonist). And many useful cards also give Confidant Smiles.

All my characters have had difficulty raising dangerous past about where you are.

The best I’ve come up with is micro-managing my Dangerous to get 90% chance while doing War of Assassins.

[quote=MrBurnside]Dangerous is tough (pun not intended). Heists do yeoman’s work at raising shadowy, and are very helpful for many end-game grinds. The Uni has many grinds that are profitable (or pay out with unique bonuses like Hedonist). And many useful cards also give Confidant Smiles.

All my characters have had difficulty raising dangerous past about where you are.

The best I’ve come up with is micro-managing my Dangerous to get 90% chance while doing War of Assassins.[/quote]

Same; I used Wilmot’s End at a 90% chance to grind the Dramatic Tension and cashed out for War of Assassins at my lodgings. It’s slightly less profitable if you use the Dangerous option in the first part of the cycle, because one of the Shadowy options (the faithful functionary) has a rare success that gives you actual items, but it’s still among the most effective end-game Dangerous options. A little strange, but so it goes.

(Note: May be or may not be less favored because the Collections of Curiosities grind – the usual point of Dramatic Tension, if you’re not grinding for a gang of hoodlums or a ship or another bazaar side-street things – now slows or prevents you from raising Renown: Tomb-Colonies, since they both require Favours.)

An alternative is beast-breeding in the Labyrinth. I didn’t do this myself, but according to the wiki, even up to Dangerous 200 (when you no longer need to) you can micro-manage the toughest beast-breeding options into a 90% challenge. Beast-breeding gives a huge variety of rewards: http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Breeding_Monsters_(Guide)

You might have already been doing that, though, if you were getting Antique Mysteries for the Royal Beth via the Plated Seal breeding?

Actually, your Dangerous is low enough that you might have more difficulty with the beast-breeding options even with gear (aka, not able to hit the 90% &quotsweet spot&quot), and might consider getting up there by grinding lower-tier &quotbragging rights&quot Dangerous qualities, like gathering exhibits for the Labyrinth or Fearsome Duelist. (If you go the gathering exhibits route, a minor tip: not (yet) properly listed on the wiki is that grinding &quotThe Hunt Is On!&quot through beast-breeding is the best option with high Dangerous.)

This does not help you, but might help others: if you haven’t unlocked the fate extension to the Velocipede Squad, at the end of the loop is a repeatable option to increase your Dangerous by 2CP per action along with Connected: Constables. This is a very useful option that unfortunately permanently disappears and has no equivalent if you actually shell out Fate.

As far as I know, it does, if you finish the storyline. (If this is incorrect, I’m certain someone will correct me!)[/quote]

It depends! You effectively have two choices at the end, one keeping the squad available and the other closing it off to you. I have a couple accounts who’ve seen the story through both ways.

As far as I know, it does, if you finish the storyline. (If this is incorrect, I’m certain someone will correct me!)[/quote]

It depends! You effectively have two choices at the end, one keeping the squad available and the other closing it off to you. I have a couple accounts who’ve seen the story through both ways.[/quote]

Yeah, I kept the squad, it also gives you another option upon reaching 7 rotsc as well.

Also having a look at the rewards for breeding, I cant help but actually be a little surprised that not even one of the options gives anything in the nostalgia or infernal item lines.

Would kinda like to have the other two 4 card lodgings, but it seems it’s never gunna be exactly efficient…

I suppose I could do the war of assassins for bazaar permits, mightn’t be the most efficient route, but it does go SOMEWHERE.

Though I like the bragging rights idea, the items wont really help me achieve much, specifically because primordial screams aren’t exactly the most useful item in the game, both in terms of straight use, or upconverting it along the short wild words item path.

And the dueling option just gives rostygold. And, dont get me wrong, that’s something that always comes in handy, but there’s a point where you reach an excess and it just becomes money farming.

The reason I’m not exactly jumping up and down going for the war of assassins path is I actually am at a point where I am feeling less in need of echoes, I have almost the best dangerous equipment money can buy, no more need for bdr, at least at the moment, my other equipment is only slightly behind my dangerous and buying stuff from the exchange feels…wasteful, action wise. Obviously there is a bit I could be using echoes on, but I guess I’d just rather feel like I am contributing to a more tangible goal, which seems like less and less of a realistic idea.

Equip a Rattus Faber and find a patron?

Really, you’re probably best off finding someone else who’s at this point and then doing literally nothing but Sparring Bouts for a week straight. I know that’s how I got my tier 2 specialization, although I was a bit luckier in that it was right when Seeking came back and everyone was looking for chess matches.

Equip a Rattus Faber and find a patron?

Really, you’re probably best off finding someone else who’s at this point and then doing literally nothing but Sparring Bouts for a week straight. I know that’s how I got my tier 2 specialization, although I was a bit luckier in that it was right when Seeking came back and everyone was looking for chess matches.[/quote]

I assume you mean the talkative one, and yeah a patron might be nice, buuuut I’m not actually totally sure what they do, how to get one, who to get AS one and also like, if I really want one.

Obviously second chances are the easiest way, but unfortunately most of the people on my contacts list started at around the same point as me, and DIDN’T blaze a path of harm through the games dangerous content, and are thus somewhat entangled in various storylines and goals of their own, not wishing to burn all their actions on dangerous second chances.

And aside from sparring bouts, I’d say the only second chance harder to come by than hard earned lessons are hastily written warning notes.

For now I suppose I’ll get my monster hunting trait to ten, just to put it in my scrapbook, maybe if I can find some round about way to get a boatload of infernal goods through dangerous…I’m thinking &quotpulling out the stops&quot with the somnolant hyena, crossconverting the memories once into brilliant souls, eventually getting myself the hellhouse…Maybe if I want the bazaar house I can get the stupendous amount of shrieks, turn them into plaques and crossconvert those as well…Things to think about if I am certainly out of new stuff to do.

Cant help but point out how jealous I am of those who decided to be watchful, cause, seriously, between expeditions in the forgotten quarter coughnadircough, the university…just, as a whole, and the whole &quotembarking on a scientific expedition&quot dealy, there is sooo much late game content for them that is actually pretty darn filled with lore and actual plot significance. In the dangerous stories, you’re just some dude who punched a lot of dudes, then punched some more dudes, then started punching animals and never looked back. The greatest thing you can ever achieve is beating jack once and for all, and the hilarious bit about that, is that dangerous shares that with watchful.

I’m not too bitter, cause I mean, hell, I went into a game called fallen london and made the executive decision to base my character around the idea of beating everything sensless. But it must be nice I’d reckon.