The Marvellous Quest continues!

Yes.

Ah, thank you much for the advice.

Will it be replaced with something of equal or greater value?

I currently don’t know. It is required to continue the ambition, and any other knowledge will be posted when I discover it.

I’m also told that one will need: [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]400 Morelways and 50 Strangling Willow Absinth[/color]. Can this be confirmed or denied?

Oh for… I happened to be IN Polythreme when I heard that the this was going on, and made a mad dash back to London in order to see what was what. Oh, buggery. XD

Im almost tempted to tell old Hundreds he can’t have it. I had the good fortune to seek wine prior to the release, and as such…I have one bottle. My prized bottle. What will this city do with wine? It can’t drink it…

Well, you probably would have to return to London anyway to gather supplies, unless you already had a well-supplied wine cellar ^^

Does anyone have any advice as to the quickest way to stock my rather insufficient cellar?

I would reccomend that you play the velocipede squad a few rounds, using the riot option to gather Broken Giant, then trade 25 Broken Giant for 5 cellars, and wait for the card to buy the Airag. Am I the only one who thinks it’s cruel that purchasing the Airag gives yoou 30 First City Coins you so desperately needed ages ago, and the only thing requiring the Airag is Hearts Desire?

If you sided with the Face in the Foreign Quarter, there is an option that, I believe, gives a healthy dose of the '44. Sans that, if you’ve been kicked out of Court there is an option at the Docks to wait for your ship that gives a fair amount of Absinth.
But, aside from the Airag, what else might one need?

Thank you, you guys certainly have this sort of info right at your fingertips

I have no access to the Foreign Service or the Velocipede Squad (yet), but I had hoarded a lot of Glim from the Lessons in etiquette - educating Lyme cycle, so I turned 5000 Glim in 500 Partial maps, 500 Partial Maps into 105 Zee-Stories, then converted those into Strangling Willow Absynthe, hoarded another 50 or so from Greyfields/Morelways until I got to 150, then used the Absynthe to gett me 30 Broken Giant, 25 of which totalled me with the 5 Cellars of Wine required for the Airag. Quite a cavalcade, but with endless actions it can be done within the day. Now I only need the Opportunity Card to pop up ^^

Now I’ve already hoarded extra Greyfields to turn into Morelways and Glim for Stangling Willow Absynthe in case Nigel’s hunch proves right.

Currently unknown, but I hope not. Details will be added as they occur.

Currently unknown, but I hope not. Details will be added as they occur.[/quote]

Thank you very much on behalf of all Marvellers for your scouting action!

It is the duty of man to aid his fellows.

All you need is the Airag; your reward is the wonderful tapestry of words weaved by the Failbetter staff. No one can tell me Heart’s Desire is boring.

Waiting on the opportunity card for the Airag is certainly going to vex me, but I’ve been patient for this long already, I suppose a few days more won’t hurt.

Nicely done!

Nicely done![/quote]

On the other side, the Louche Devil was kind of my source of income: as Nevercold Brass can’t be exchanged for something different, and it osn’t used for other actions (like Rostygold is for zailing and Moonpearls for Carnival’s Tickets) I used it mainly to buy equipment or occasionally other goods when needed.

It looks like a chance for more experienced Marvellers to help newbies ^^

Spoiler Rant: [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY? You make me slog through all of that in Polythreme, albeit somewhat interesting, but nonetheless, ALL WE GET IS ONE FIRST CITY COIN? AND THEN THE PLOT ENDS BEFORE HE CAN JOIN US? Assholes…[/color]