The Hiatus Thread

Landed in a hospital for a few days and got out, but I am still taking extra time to sleep.

Oh dear, this is embarassing. I had so many work to do in the past few weeks that I had barely time to post. Couple that with me hitting the content wall and here am I just waiting for the next Exceptional Story and with no fresh inspiration to keep roleplaying as Professor Strix, nor the time to do that.

I don’t know when I’ll be back, but I hope I can find the time soon. [Right now, I’m grading a pile of exams, a task that is not more tedious and time-consuming just because I handed out several types of exams with different numbers on the questions and this made half of the class get straight zeroes. I’m wondering why they still try to cheat on my exams.]

For now, just assume the old cot is there taking care of her orphans, and they are so much of a handful that she barely has any time to do anything apart from work and making sure they feel loved and safe.

Taking a break from fallen london. I may still play a bit, but mostly i’m feeling overworked, overwhelmed, and appathetic to the game. I’ll probably be on a little, but… playing a lot less, may slide to none at any point. Will be back for christmas unless this semester is truly akin to the more dreadful christian afterlife.

In other words- may still be present, may vanish off the face of the earth, just a heads-up. Or, rather, almost certainly will vanish during bad days and bad weeks of this month.
edited by Grenem on 11/11/2016
edited by Grenem on 11/11/2016

I have went NORTH.

I will take a short break to refresh (and play through Pokémon Moon), and then return with a new character.

I think I need a hiatus. I hope to be back.

[quote=Professor Strix]Oh dear, this is embarassing. I had so many work to do in the past few weeks that I had barely time to post. Couple that with me hitting the content wall and here am I just waiting for the next Exceptional Story and with no fresh inspiration to keep roleplaying as Professor Strix, nor the time to do that.

I don’t know when I’ll be back, but I hope I can find the time soon. [Right now, I’m grading a pile of exams, a task that is not more tedious and time-consuming just because I handed out several types of exams with different numbers on the questions and this made half of the class get straight zeroes. I’m wondering why they still try to cheat on my exams.]

For now, just assume the old cot is there taking care of her orphans, and they are so much of a handful that she barely has any time to do anything apart from work and making sure they feel loved and safe.[/quote]
Do what you need to do, Professor. Take whatever time you need. I would miss you if you were to disappear from these forums altogether.

Professor Schartenhauer, Advocate Deepdelver and Captain Cortez will be unavailable for a significant time to come as I’m about to take a Neathy sabbatical. Do kick them off your list of acquaintances if their presence bothers you.

Continue to have a good time, everyone, and see you in a year or so!

Aardent Lore and her companions will be unavailable for social calls for an indeterminate period of time.

I will be on vacation from July 21 (may be able to check in before I leave) through July 30, in the evening, at a place with little access to e-mail. So if you don’t hear from cathyr19355 or Catherine Raymond during that time, that’s why. Catherine Raymond is at Winking Isle, anyway, so not much is likely to be heard from her.

With great sadness, I must announce that I am on hiatus for an indeterminate period of time. I am logging on to collect weekly payments only.

I should have declared hiatus long ago, but life kept me busy that I didn’t get the chance. I will be trying to get back into the groove during breaks, but as of now, I will only log in once or twice a week to respond to social actions–I do not want to lose more acquaintances. In the meantime, if you have me as a contact, feel free to reach out to me in game or here on the forums. I’d be glad to catch up.

It seems Huarwar would like to say something.
School? You know bloody well you got us lost out here on the Sunless Sea! You’re lucky if this bat makes it back.
Perhaps you should take up Chiropteromancy, Huarwar.
edited by jamilah on 4/11/2018