The Hiatus Thread

Sorry to everyone who sent me something ingame!!! I am having some trouble at home so I won’t be able to response to most stuff. I could log on during train trips every week or so but I don’t catch enough time to do more than getting the profession stuff :(

Just posting to let anyone here knows since I don’t want to send a message to everyone ingame. And leaving a spot for anyone else going on a hiatus.

I will be on hiatus the week of April 24, as I’ve updated my signature to say.

EDIT: I am back from vacation, effective as of August 8 (though I’ll be too distracted to play much for another day or two).
edited by cathyr19355 on 8/9/2016

I went on an impromptu hiatus and forgot to tell anyone, sorry. Probably back in about a week?

My cider requests can wait until you return.

Thanks–and other cider-holders have said they’d be happy to accept requests accompanied by such lovely gifts as you bring!–I’m just SWAMPED and fled to the Iron Republic because I don’t have to employ the mental energy of remembering to flip cards (also because I hadn’t tried out the Cladery Heart yet). It’s a little thing but it really does help reduce the stuff I have to, or feel I have to, keep track of.

I was on hiatus because I had a lot of things in real life that needed my attention, but I’ve got a few of those problems resolved. And since I have to take it easy for the next week or so due to health concerns, I’ll have time to get online. But next time I go on hiatus, I’ll post here and let people know.

Not here to post my own hiatus (I am not), I know Lisbella in RL her uncle got a bitcoin miner on her comptuer and the overheating wrecked it + exam time for her so she shouldn’t be around

I will be on complete hiatus from July 1 to 13 or 14. This is due to a real life zee voyage to the Baltics. The honeymoon before the wedding as it turned out.
edited by Shadowcthuhlu on 6/27/2016

That was weird. I tried to update my hiatus post from two months ago and it added %s and 20s instead!
Anyway, I’ll be on hiatus between July 23 and August 10 or so. I may be able to play occasionally during that period, but don’t count on that.

&quotLet’s do the honeymoon immediately. Maybe an ocean voyage? I’m just rlyeh looking forward to it.&quot
—Shadow &quotnot suspicious at all&quot Cthulhu

I’ll be flitting in and out for the next week and a half or so, accepting social actions via iOS, but I will be completely away from the forums, IRC, and other community participation.

OMFG I finally got Internet back! on the other hand this is the least of my worries so yeah haha

I am - I hope - back from a lengthy hiatus. Ill health can be so tiresome. places back of hand on forehead and sighs

Guys, I didn’t intend to go on hiatus, but this week has been crazy and I’m only accessing FL and the forums on phone (which is terrible for typing - my fingers simply refuse to hit the correct keys on touchscreen), so I’m mostly off in terms of rp. I’ll still help people who send me social actions for stats/second chances/maing waves gain, but I don’t know when I’ll be able to write again. I hope I’ll have a working computer again soon.

I’m getting overly invested in something in FL. Normally, this is fine. I’m a powerful character, and i have infinite time. But the election is different, and frustrating, and i think it’d be best for everyone if i just said, &quotokay, i’m going to step away from both forums and game until this event is over.&quot

I don’t like being powerless or feeling like my choices don’t matter in the game, and the election feels more like this than any content before, including seeking. It feels like throwing my possessions down a well, in a way that is unrewarding, unfun, and the only hope of preventing a great evil from arising, except for the fact that it wouldn’t work.
edited by Grenem on 7/12/2016

[quote=Grenem]I’m getting overly invested in something in FL. Normally, this is fine. I’m a powerful character, and i have infinite time. But the election is different, and frustrating, and i think it’d be best for everyone if i just said, &quotokay, i’m going to step away from both forums and game until this event is over.&quot

I don’t like being powerless or feeling like my choices don’t matter in the game, and the election feels more like this than any content before, including seeking. It feels like throwing my possessions down a well, in a way that is unrewarding, unfun, and the only hope of preventing a great evil from arising, except for the fact that it wouldn’t work.[/quote]

Yeah, I think you need a break, even just for a day. I saw your campaigning and they are really cool and passionate, but at the same time it sounded like you, the player behind the monitor, was personally poisoned by Jenny as opposed to just being in character, and isn’t going to let that go anytime soon.

I’m travelling to a place without internet until Thursday. Yes, those places exist, and yes, I’ll miss the closing of the election. (On the plus side, I profitted like crazy during it, so I’m not really complaining.)
See you there.

EDIT: BACK
edited by Professor Strix on 7/21/2016

I am going to stay away from the Internet in general for a week or two due to health reasons.

Going on… a… vacation? [Check the script- it doesn’t have internet, are we sure it’s not a typo?]

Well, regardless of classification, I will be infrequently online for the next… 7 days, let us claim. As such, while i may be availible for social actions, i doubt i will write hand-typed answer messages or in any real detail.