The Fruits of the Zee festival begins!

[quote=Amalgamate]
What Strange Catch level did you have to get the crown? I keep trying and keep failing. My logic told me that Strange Catch 7 was the best one to go for to get the crown, but it keeps not working, so maybe I’m wrong.[/quote]

I believe I had something in the 30’s range when I got it.

[quote=Kaunisenkeli]

Gloves are 18-20.[/quote]

Much appreciate, thank you.

[quote=Blaine Davidson][quote=Amalgamate]
What Strange Catch level did you have to get the crown? I keep trying and keep failing. My logic told me that Strange Catch 7 was the best one to go for to get the crown, but it keeps not working, so maybe I’m wrong.[/quote]

I believe I had something in the 30’s range when I got it.

[/quote]

Hmm, wiki says it’s 26-28, maybe wiki’s wrong and thats why I keep not getting it. I don’t think I’ve hit that range yet though with SC7.

[quote=Amalgamate]

I got it at 32, which was the result of fishing 9.

[quote=Meradine Heidenreich][quote=Amalgamate]

I got it at 32, which was the result of fishing 9.[/quote]
Forgive me for being doubtful, but I had a 32 off an SC of 9 and the only unique item was the rector.

I got the Crown with SC 7. The chance is only 28,5 %, but it’s better than SC 8 (25 %) or 9 (22 %).

Yeah, but getting a 71% chance 15 times in a row (the number of 7 value strange catches I’ve thrown at this breathtakingly unfun RNG-fest) has a less than 1% chance of happening (0.587%, to be precise). If I were the only person having trouble getting the 26-28 range to show up, I’d chalk it up to extreme bad luck. With more people clearly having trouble, I’m more inclined to think the RNG being used is badly programmed.

To talk to the mayor, before you can get the collar, you probably will have had to take one of the special parabolan routes to Mutton Island in the first place. If you got there by boat (your own or the seasonal ferry) then you won’t have the necessary quality.

To talk to the mayor, before you can get the collar, you probably will have had to take one of the special parabolan routes to Mutton Island in the first place. If you got there by boat (your own or the seasonal ferry) then you won’t have the necessary quality.[/quote]
There was another option that required spending a Bohemian favour, likely as a way to not exclude characters who don’t have a base camp yet from getting the collars (as I went through Parabola, I have no way of verifying, though).

[quote=Rachel ]
There was another option that required spending a Bohemian favour, likely as a way to not exclude characters who don’t have a base camp yet from getting the collars (as I went through Parabola, I have no way of verifying, though).[/quote]

Indeed that is the case, and I can attest that it works, I got the Collar I wanted. In fact, you also pass through Parabola onto the Island when you use this option, and the text is pretty similar, apart from how you get into Parabola itself.

To talk to the mayor, before you can get the collar, you probably will have had to take one of the special parabolan routes to Mutton Island in the first place. If you got there by boat (your own or the seasonal ferry) then you won’t have the necessary quality.[/quote]

Hmmmm. That may be part of my problem - I think my alt might have taken the ferry.

[quote=Snort]

Hmmmm. That may be part of my problem - I think my alt might have taken the ferry.[/quote]

Check your profile, for the collar to show up you need The Viscountess at the Fruits of the Zee 7.
If you have this quality at a lower level, you’ll need to speak to (or do other tasks for) the Viscountess via &quotThe Fruits of the Zee Festival!&quot.

If you don’t have this quality, the Viscountess isn’t at Mutton (for you) and you have to go back to London in order to start the Storyline.

[quote=Rachel ][quote=Meradine Heidenreich]

I got it at 32, which was the result of fishing 9.[/quote]

Forgive me for being doubtful, but I had a 32 off an SC of 9 and the only unique item was the rector.[/quote]

Well, I looked because I’d never managed 9 before, and the RNG took forever and almost 8 nightmares and wounds to throw up the madam. So maybe next time I’ll take a screenshot to avoid being called a liar, shall I?

[quote=Meradine Heidenreich]
Well, I looked because I’d never managed 9 before, and the RNG took forever and almost 8 nightmares and wounds to throw up the madam. So maybe next time I’ll take a screenshot to avoid being called a liar, shall I?[/quote]

What you say doesn’t fit to the pattern for other unique items at FotZ, or the documented options. This doesn’t mean you’re wrong, it just sounds unlikely.
But even if you’re wrong, calling you a liar implies intention. And from your posts I’ve read here, you don’t seem to be a person that likes to trick others with wrong information. ;)
In that case I would more believe in a mistake.

I would try to proof what you’ve said, but my main already got the crown and my alt doesn’t have the necessary quirks/items in order to get SC 9 without spending sereval days on mutton (to be honest, I’m to lazy for that).

I didn’t note the crown’s range specifically, but I saw it as an option when I got the Mary Lloyd, which [/i]was[/i] 26-28. I didn’t see it at 30.

I know for a fact I didn’t see the crown at Picking 32, and I did get it later at Picking 26. This happened twice, though the second time, I’m not sure if my Picking was 30 or 32.

Of course, I didn’t think to take a screenshot either.

Perhaps a bug was at play? It happens occasionally.

[quote=Judaspriester][quote=Snort]

Hmmmm. That may be part of my problem - I think my alt might have taken the ferry.[/quote]

Check your profile, for the collar to show up you need The Viscountess at the Fruits of the Zee 7.
If you have this quality at a lower level, you’ll need to speak to (or do other tasks for) the Viscountess via &quotThe Fruits of the Zee Festival!&quot.

If you don’t have this quality, the Viscountess isn’t at Mutton (for you) and you have to go back to London in order to start the Storyline.[/quote]

Yeah, I’ forgotten that character could not get a Bohemians favor to save his life. Still can’t.

I just got the crown at picking 28, off of Strange Catch 7! I checked that 26-28 was the range that it required.

It could be that there’s second range that gets it, or they changed it over time.
edited by Amalgamate on 8/21/2020

I’ve just got the Crown after trying since Monday. At last!

So there’s hope after all. Wonder how many more tries before I finally get that Mary Lloyd.

I just hope you’re in line after my alt. :cold_sweat: