The Fruits of the Zee festival begins!

[quote=falbert]Is anything required for the Unique items?

Just got the wines and forgotten dossier option, so I was at Cove 14 or 16.

At those values, I would have expected to see the Decanter of Drownie Effluvia as well, but it didn’t came up (and I don’t have it already).

I am especially looking for the Carving Knife, which will require some creative quirks lowering…[/quote]

The same thing just happened to me two more times.

Another question: is Speak to the Mayor only available the first time? My menaces were high when helping the Viscountess to the island, so I went straight back to London first, but now the option seems to be gone…
Any way to get that back - apart from a very polite email to support?

[quote=falbert]
Another question: is Speak to the Mayor only available the first time? My menaces were high when helping the Viscountess to the island, so I went straight back to London first, but now the option seems to be gone…
Any way to get that back - apart from a very polite email to support?[/quote]

https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/The_Fruits_of_the_Zee_Festival!
Check the section for this year. Maybe you’re just lacking the right Sights level.

[quote=Judaspriester][quote=falbert]
Any way to get that back - apart from a very polite email to support?[/quote]

https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/The_Fruits_of_the_Zee_Festival!
Check the section for this year. Maybe you’re just lacking the right Sights level.[/quote]

Indeed, I missed that.
Let’s go back fishing!

May I know what does it take to get the Crown of a Prince of Hell? This is the only item I have left to collect but it is proving very elusive and I am getting disheartened.

I have gotten my strange catch to 7 and 8, but all I still see at the cove are these options:

• A trunk of soggy letters
  • A crate of glorious fabrics
  • An Uncanny Incunabulum

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
edited by Lady Strange on 8/20/2020

[quote=Lady Strange]May I know what does it take to get the Crown of a Prince of Hell? This is the only item I have left to collect but it is proving very elusive and I am getting disheartened.

I have gotten my strange catch to 7 and 8, but all I still see at the cove are these options:

• An Uncanny Incunabulum

edited by Lady Strange on 8/20/2020[/quote]
Yeah, the hooded idiot seems to have trouble with 26-28. I’ve been trying to snag a Mary Lloyd with the same amount of luck you’ve been having.

My friend, just the luck! You can! I don’t know what you need to have to get it, but I have been offered it twice & well… I’m not sure the +2BDR is worth it. But there it is. I never did anything with Virginia last year, so maybe that’s why? I didn’t finish what I started.

The visible requirement is just Picking through the Wrecker’s Cove of 22+. Looking at your other options, you probably scored somewhere within 22 to 24.

None of my characters have gone through last year’s elections, and they have scored 22 to 24 many times among them. The hidden requirement is likely Virginia’s story, or at least participation in last year’s elections.

[quote=Rachel ][quote=Lady Strange]May I know what does it take to get the Crown of a Prince of Hell? This is the only item I have left to collect but it is proving very elusive and I am getting disheartened.

• An Uncanny Incunabulum

Yeah, the hooded idiot seems to have trouble with 26-28. I’ve been trying to snag a Mary Lloyd with the same amount of luck you’ve been having.[/quote]

Yeah, those are tough, the Crown Prince is also the last one I need, but I’ve only been at the cove for a day or so.

According to https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/The_Wreckers'_Cove , the &quotStrange Catch&quot level gets converted to a &quotPicking through Wreckers Cove&quot level with some randomness - you always get an even number somewhere between 2*(SC+2) and 4*SC. So you need to start with Strange Catch from 7 to 13 and get lucky.

If the formula works as stated on that page (2*(SC + N), N chosen randomly between 1 and SC) then the highest probability of success is at SC = 7, I think, where you have a 2/7ths chance of success. Still pretty low.
edited by Amalgamate on 8/20/2020

[quote=Amalgamate][quote=Rachel ][quote=Lady Strange]May I know what does it take to get the Crown of a Prince of Hell? This is the only item I have left to collect but it is proving very elusive and I am getting disheartened.

• An Uncanny Incunabulum

Yeah, the hooded idiot seems to have trouble with 26-28. I’ve been trying to snag a Mary Lloyd with the same amount of luck you’ve been having.[/quote]

Yeah, those are tough, the Crown Prince is also the last one I need, but I’ve only been at the cove for a day or so.

According to https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/The_Wreckers'_Cove , the &quotStrange Catch&quot level gets converted to a &quotPicking through Wreckers Cove&quot level with some randomness - you always get an even number somewhere between 2*(SC+2) and 4*SC. So you need to start with Strange Catch from 7 to 13 and get lucky.

If the formula works as stated on that page (2*(SC + N), N chosen randomly between 1 and SC) then the highest probability of success is at SC = 7, I think, where you have a 2/7ths chance of success. Still pretty low.
edited by Amalgamate on 8/20/2020[/quote]
I’ve been here since the start, and I’ve given her at least 10 strange catches 7+ (only one was at 8) with no luck thus far. The rector, crown, and ML are the only unique items I haven’t gotten. I was hoping to get all three, but this has been so frustrating that I may leave after getting the ML.

My friend, just the luck! You can! I don’t know what you need to have to get it, but I have been offered it twice & well… I’m not sure the +2BDR is worth it. But there it is. I never did anything with Virginia last year, so maybe that’s why? I didn’t finish what I started.
[/quote]

non-Fate BDR +2 hats are very rare. and even if we actually don’t need notability 15, another point in BDR may save you some actions while raising notability. Besides that, for some customers at the bone market, you need high amounts of a single BDR stat. So a +2 Dreaded item would help here too.
So I would take it if I were you. ;)

If it helps narrow things down, I voted in the last election, but didn’t participate in the festival last year, and don’t see the option to get the mask.

I was on hiatus for years, so I didn’t participate in either the election or FoTZ last year. None of the options pertaining to Virginia appear for me. Seems you might have needed to start Virginia’s FoTZ content last year but didn’t finish for it to show up now. Likely an accident.

Pew, finally got my last item after I had to flee from mutton with a catch in my inventory, because I haven’t got the right Seights value in order to trade it in.

Now I’ve got every item the festival offers this year, which means I can continue farming scrap for my ambition.

conclusion: the storylets with the new mayor was very interesting, but the festival itself feels more like an action sink than a enjoyable event, especially after you have read the storylets.

I’m badly confused. My alt has been to the cove over and over, got the gloves, wrecking boots, and the submerged rector, but has yet to see the collar or Mary Lloyd (despite the rector being a 26+ item. Am I just doomed to keep flailing about hopefully at sea?
edited by Snort on 8/21/2020

[quote=Snort]I’m badly confused. My alt has been to the cove over and over, got the gloves, wrecking boots, and the submerged rector, but has yet to see the collar or Mary Lloyd (despite the rector being a 26+ item. Am I just doomed to keep flailing about hopefully at sea?
edited by Snort on 8/21/2020[/quote]
Yeah, I got the rector on a 32 (testing a catch of 9 just to see what might happen). Sadly, the hooded annoyance is REALLY having problems with values 26-28. I’ve been trying to get a Mary Lloyd since the event began with no luck.
As for the collar, have you spoken with the vicountess since arriving at the festival? The collar won’t appear without doing so.

[quote=Snort]I’m badly confused. My alt has been to the cove over and over, got the gloves, wrecking boots, and the submerged rector, but has yet to see the collar or Mary Lloyd (despite the rector being a 26+ item. Am I just doomed to keep flailing about hopefully at sea?
edited by Snort on 8/21/2020[/quote]When i was there collar was 14+ (any number higher than 13). Make sure that you asked by cat to find one.

[quote=Rachel ][quote=Snort]I’m badly confused. My alt has been to the cove over and over, got the gloves, wrecking boots, and the submerged rector, but has yet to see the collar or Mary Lloyd (despite the rector being a 26+ item. Am I just doomed to keep flailing about hopefully at sea?
edited by Snort on 8/21/2020[/quote]
Yeah, I got the rector on a 32 (testing a catch of 9 just to see what might happen). Sadly, the hooded annoyance is REALLY having problems with values 26-28. I’ve been trying to get a Mary Lloyd since the event began with no luck.
As for the collar, have you spoken with the vicountess since arriving at the festival? The collar won’t appear without doing so.[/quote]

Yes, you do have to speak with the Viscountess before you can try for the collar. Meanwhile, values 26-28 likewise prove elusive for me and I’m still trying for the Crown with no joy so far.

I got the crown on my second try but a dozen attempts later I still can’t get the gloves.

My Picking Through the Wreckers’s Cove value is consistently at least 22. Is it perhaps too high to get the gloves?

[quote=Blaine Davidson]I got the crown on my second try but a dozen attempts later I still can’t get the gloves.

My Picking Through the Wreckers’s Cove value is consistently at least 22. Is it perhaps too high to get the gloves?[/quote]
Gloves are 18-20.

[quote=Blaine Davidson]I got the crown on my second try but a dozen attempts later I still can’t get the gloves.

My Picking Through the Wreckers’s Cove value is consistently at least 22. Is it perhaps too high to get the gloves?[/quote]

What Strange Catch level did you have to get the crown? I keep trying and keep failing. My logic told me that Strange Catch 7 was the best one to go for to get the crown, but it keeps not working, so maybe I’m wrong.