The Feast is coming! What to expect this year...

[color=#0066ff]The Feast of the Exceptional Rose will arrive on the 9th of February!

Here’s an idea of what you can expect that will be different or additional to previous years.

Divorce

Player divorce will now be an option, and a permanent fixture beyond the Feast! [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Not only that, if you were engaged to, married to or Seen With a player who has deactivated their account, you will be freed of your obligation early next week.

Tattoos

As time has gone on, the technical side of receiving a tattoo has become very complex. We will be reviewing this content before the Christmas season begins again. This year:
[/color][ul][li][color=#0066ff]Players with one tattoo will be able to get a second. [/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]Players with one or two tattoos will also be able pay Fate to change them, as in previous years. (One payment will reset both, if you have two.)[/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]If you’ve visited for a tattoo twice before, you’ll have a new option to earn a high-value economy item. [/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]There’s a further new snippet of story, which gives a unique quality and a high-value item, if you have kept a Noman alive.[/color][/li][/ul]
[color=#0066ff]Dates[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]9th Feb Feast opens[/color]
[color=#0066ff]15th Feb The Lady in Lilac arrives[/color]
[color=#0066ff]22nd Feb The Feast closes[/color]
[color=#0066ff]26th Feb Lilac and Encounters at the Feast cards close

Please bear in mind that content is generally launched and closed at or around noon GMT on the date it’s due, and unless directly specified, we don’t release content Fri - Sun.

Expect the full announcement next week! [/color]

I like how Divorce get top billings in a festival of love.

Thanks for the information. All very exciting. I appreciate that telegraphing everything means some of the mystique is lost, but I think overall it will be good and lead to a happier player base.

I’m errr, happy for you all? Happy-ish? Happy Divorce Day?

Hmm. I’ll be on number 2 this year, but will I ever be crazy enough to try for the Nomen? I am thinking not…

Thanks Hannah. Can we assume from the tattoo info that those of us who already have two will not be able to get a third?

Fantastic news all round - how exciting! I can hardly wait.

A question: As this is my second feast, will I need to use Fate to reset the chat with Lilac in order to see the new Noman snippet and quality?

You’re all stars. May the season of love be as filled with as many chocolates, kisses and jars of teeth as your heart desires.

Divorce! Well, this has gotten me excited.

And dates! Dates, glorious, wonderous dates.

WIll divorce remove any Letters from the Empress? Or this a find out for yourself thing? Are we talking small social action like Seen with, or big scale like a Wedding? No, don’t say, it’d ruin the surprise.

Will marriage see any changes as well? (giddy!)

[color=#0066ff]You won’t need to reset the chat with Lilac to see the new content. :)[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Edit: blue! blue! electric blue![/color]
edited by h4nchan on 2/5/2016

[color=#0066ff]Sorry for the double post, but: that’s the spirit![/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Also have you ever known me to spoil a surprise Cecil I mean really :P[/color]

This is all very exciting, thanks for the news!

I don’t know why I’m so hyped about divorce but… Thank you FBG!

Thanks for the advisory. But I want to see the answer to A.B. Nile’s question too: If we have two tattoos, will we be able to get a third?

My reading is that: 1) the third tattoo will not be possible, 2) FBG are aware of the desire to have a third tattoo but this is technologically difficult, 3) A revamp will happen next year either to allow for multiple tattoos or something else entirely, 4) in the meantime the people with two existing tattoos will still be able to stand out because they will have “a new option to earn a high-value economy item” that would be unavailable otherwise.

Aha so Lilac is appearing a week early. That explains why noman losses were higher the other week, you took the lost week and split it across the remaining ones. The high rate could have stayed without harming our plans after all. Not that we didn’t get the emergency response teams fired up within a day to counter act the losses eve if lilac had not moved. This just makes it seem odd that you changed the losses back instead of give us the revised schedule a week early, but it all works out in the end. This just highlights the power of effective communication and the importance of scheduling. Much appreciated, thanks for sharing the FoYER schedule. You shared Hallowmas’s schedule too, so the omission of sacksmas scheduling was a bit odd comparatively.

In any case, oh no! A double reset means if there is a heptagoat tattoo I will be forced to give up the noman! Haha, it’s okay though I expected I might have to make such a sacrifice. Well assuming there even is a goat tattoo, there might not be.

Question: if you do a double reset, do you get to pick two new tattoos or only one?

[color=#0066ff]Quite right! With the possible addition of 4.a) You can change your tattoos, still.[/color]

puts on church lady hat…err bonnet

What if you could get widowed rather than divorced? That’s particularly appropriate for non-active players and could be fun to work with for role playing reasons.

Ooo! Divorce where you need to bring in another player to be the THIRD person in the marriage (or a fourth!) it’s cheaper if both parties are at fault.
edited by Parelle on 2/5/2016

[quote=Parelle]puts on church lady hat…err bonnet

What if you could get widowed rather than divorced? That’s particularly appropriate for non-active players and could be fun to work with for role playing reasons.[/quote]

[li]
I am not married on either char, but I love the Idea. A aditional quality perhabs? But Divorce should stay! More love stories!

[quote=Hannah Flynn][color=#0066ff]
Divorce

Player divorce will now be an option, and a permanent fixture beyond the Feast! [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Not only that, if you were engaged to, married to or Seen With a player who has deactivated their account, you will be freed of your obligation early next week.

Tattoos

As time has gone on, the technical side of receiving a tattoo has become very complex. We will be reviewing this content before the Christmas season begins again. This year:
[/color][ul][li][color=#0066ff]Players with one tattoo will be able to get a second. [/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]Players with one or two tattoos will also be able pay Fate to change them, as in previous years. (One payment will reset both, if you have two.)[/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]If you’ve visited for a tattoo twice before, you’ll have a new option to earn a high-value economy item. [/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]There’s a further new snippet of story, which gives a unique quality and a high-value item, if you have kept a Noman alive.[/color][color=rgb(0, 102, 255)] [/color][/quote][/li][/ul]
How wonderful! I’ve been waiting to move on from my inactive spouse, and now I’ll finally get the chance! Cheers to you, Failbetter!

I can’t wait to see what this new snippet along with the quality and valued item entails. Always the teaser as usual, Hannah! I am curious, though. Will those of us still with our lacre buddy be able to receive the Noman tattoo along with the new story, quality, and item? Or has the tattoo been retired due to this addition to the event? Also, if I were to reset my current two tattoos with Lilac, would I be able to receive one or two new tattoos from her afterwards?
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 2/5/2016

[quote=Parelle]puts on church lady hat…err bonnet

What if you could get widowed rather than divorced? That’s particularly appropriate for non-active players and could be fun to work with for role playing reasons.[/quote]

I always took the stance that my character’s spouse had quietly gone off to the Tomb Colonies, leaving my character behind and never to be heard from again. In a place where death is already kinda weird, it makes less sense that we’d be widowers rather than divorcees, after all.

I’m very much glad for the addition of divorce, though. :-)
edited by Kittenpox on 2/5/2016

[quote=Hannah Flynn][quote=Màiread]

A question: As this is my second feast, will I need to use Fate to reset the chat with Lilac in order to see the new Noman snippet and quality?
[/quote]

[color=#0066ff]You won’t need to reset the chat with Lilac to see the new content. :)[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Edit: blue! blue! electric blue![/color]
edited by h4nchan on 2/5/2016[/quote]

Marvellous news, cheers Hannah.

I’m so happy we’re going to be celebrating the festival of love with a raft of cases in the divorce courts. The ambitious barrister will be delighted.