The ever changing Fifth City

The Fifth City is forever changing and morphing, usually without waiting to inform the people living there. Many of them simply wake up one day to find new opportunities where none were before, or old doors closed. The Bazaar is a strange and mysterious force that reshapes the city at its whims. This can be disorienting for some of us, so perhaps those of us devoted to uncovering the secrets would benefit from sharing the changes we notice?

While a lot of the changes of late have revolved around an alleged and illicit underground game, I noticed that a large rat-thing whom I befriended now hangs out in my Lodgings rather than stopping by unexpectedly.

Alliance with the Big Rat is now a storylet in lodgings, rather than an opportunity card

edited by Zee! on 5/15/2013

The albino rat card is still a card, so you know.

a really common card at that, with rubbish rewards. and it still costs 30 Fate to replay the story if you’ve sided with the albino rat, while the wiki says siding with the Big Rat only costs you 5 Fate :{

also you can rob drunks again in Spite regardless of level, and there’s an interesting little fate-locked story you can play from it for just 2 nex
edited by Spacemarine9 on 5/15/2013

The Big Rat was an abhorrent entity even among Snuffers, I have no regrets leaving his fate to those who he tormented for so long. The Albino Rat (I call her Lucile) has been instrumental in investigating the Playing with Broken Toys Storylet.

edited by Owen Wulf on 5/16/2013

[quote=Spacemarine9]a really common card at that, with rubbish rewards. and it still costs 30 Fate to replay the story if you’ve sided with the albino rat, while the wiki says siding with the Big Rat only costs you 5 Fate :{

also you can rob drunks again in Spite regardless of level, and there’s an interesting little fate-locked story you can play from it for just 2 nex
edited by Spacemarine9 on 5/15/2013[/quote]

Robbing drunks gives a reward relative to shadowy level =O That’s fun.

My Talkative Rattus keeps saying he knows of such a rat, but he says a lot of things.

Is progress impossible in that story without seeking her help? Have I chosen between the Big Rat and the Playing with Broken Toys story?

I have a PwBT of 9 and no Albino Rat, for what it’s worth.

I also have PwBT at 9, and CitGT sits at 1. I was wondering if either story could continue beyond that point.

My Playing with Broken Toys quality is 10, and I helped the Albino Rat. Caught in the Gear’s Teeth is still just 1.

The Story of Playing with Broken Toys is currently incomplete and impossible to progress past 10.

[li]
Hear hear.

I’ve been meaning to sort out the matter of my Disgraced Bandit Chief but I don’t understand why I can’t pay a doctor to just patch him up rather than the hand-wavy explanation we get for that action. Surely if it’s Fated a good enough doctor could cure almost anything.
[/li][li]
edited by Flidget on 5/16/2013