The Enthusiastic Urchin: Christmas Gifts

The survey is out! And there’s a number of really cool options on there.

1. Correspondence Hoody
  2. Knife-and-Candle T Shirt
  3. Velocipede Squad T Shirt
  4. &quotProperty of New Newgate&quot Mug
  5. FF Gebrandt’s Tincture of Vigor Mug
  6. A Map of Fallen London art print
  7. Correspondence Keychain

You can also choose a price after deciding on the item you’d like to see available. ^^

I went for a K&C T-shirt, though the keychain was also tempting.

I chose the hoody. The keychain is awesome too, but the hoody is more up my alley. Plus it’d be more likely to be seen by others, whereas my keys just stay in my pocket for pretty much the whole time I have them.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 11/21/2013

I just got the card for this! I could only choose one, but are you going to be making several of the items? If so, my top three are:

1st: Map Print
2nd: F.F. Gebrandt Mug
3rd: Correspondence Hoody.

[quote=Sara Hysaro]The survey is out! And there’s a number of really cool options on there.

1. Correspondence Hoody
  2. Knife-and-Candle T Shirt
  3. Velocipede Squad T Shirt
  4. &quotProperty of New Newgate&quot Mug
  5. FF Gebrandt’s Tincture of Vigor Mug
  6. A Map of Fallen London art print
  7. Correspondence Keychain

You can also choose a price after deciding on the item you’d like to see available. ^^[/quote]

I’ve forgotten–where does one meet the Enthusiastic Urchin?

The Enthusiastic Urchin is an Opportunity card. Haven’t seen it yet but I look forward to seeing what he has to offer this time.

I wasn’t sure; thanks. I gather you can get the card anywhere in Fallen London?

EDIT: I just met the Enthusiastic Urchin. I voted for the FF Gebrandt cup–the design looked wonderfully Victorian to me.
edited by cathyr19355 on 11/21/2013

Yep!

Eee! All the lovely things I wanted are on that list, if I remember right. I do hope FB will make more than one item. I want the K&C t-shirt, the mug and the map art print <3

I would love to buy either mug, but I’m concerned that postage to the U.S. would eat me alive. I voted for the mug, but the paper and cloth items may turn out to be more practicable.

Mildly surprised not to see any option between 0 and UKP10 on pricing; are all mugs really that expensive?

That was my question, but the survey said what it said.

That was my question, but the survey said what it said.[/quote]

Limited edition, probably. If they sold enough, the price would probably come down substantially, but if they’re budgeting for only a few hundred, could easily be horrifying.

Anyway.
I voted for keychain.
But want the knife/candle tee AND the hoody. And obv would pay appropriate tee/hoody prices. (£20/up to £50/60 depending on quality, respectively.)
edited by babelfishwars on 11/21/2013

I voted for the K&C t-shirt, partly because of price - I’d be happy to pay £10-15 for a good quality t-shirt, but mugs get so easily broken in my house that I think £7 or £8 would be my max for that sort of thing.

£10-15 is quite cheap for a printed t.shirt. (Not saying you can’t get, just that my hobby is crushing hope and destroying optimism.) GAP seems to have them around £17 on their website (though obv on sale). Threadless tees tend to be about $20, which is just over £12, but postage to UK always adds loads. M&S circa £12.50 up, but economy of scale and all that. David and Goliath tees tend to be £15-20. And ALL the above probably have bigger production lines and built in distribution networks, so … in theory costs less for them to produce.

Cheap would be lovely, but if I crush all our spirits now, we’ll be delighted when they’re merely good value. ;-)

Remind to self: always, always, ALWAYS carefully read what’s been posted before writing a post. Well, if it’s an Opportunity card that turns out at Court, I’m hunky dory ^^
edited by streetfelineblue on 11/21/2013

I went with FF Gebrandt’s Tincture of Vigor mug, though I wasn’t sure about pricing, but I probably won’t be able to buy any of the items this Christmas :(

[color=#009900]Prices: we’re constrained by what online print-on-demand stores that do the fulfilment for us will offer. None of those will really give you change out of a tenner. (Also, we’re using the same price card for all items, because time.)[/color][li]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]We will likely offer both an EU and a US storefront.[/color]

£10-15 is quite cheap for a printed t.shirt. (Not saying you can’t get, just that my hobby is crushing hope and destroying optimism.) GAP seems to have them around £17 on their website (though obv on sale). Threadless tees tend to be about $20, which is just over £12, but postage to UK always adds loads. M&amp;S circa £12.50 up, but economy of scale and all that. David and Goliath tees tend to be £15-20. And ALL the above probably have bigger production lines and built in distribution networks, so … in theory costs less for them to produce.

Cheap would be lovely, but if I crush all our spirits now, we’ll be delighted when they’re merely good value. ;-)[/quote]

Heh, I take your point. I regularly buy fandom tees from Qwertee which are £8 so maybe I’m just spoiled.

[quote=Lady Red]
Heh, I take your point. I regularly buy fandom tees from Qwertee which are £8 so maybe I’m just spoiled.[/quote]

checks out this Qwertee