The Downtrodden of the Neath; who to champion?

Ever since I wrote my character’s background at http://community.failbettergames.com/topic1093-what-brings-you-to-the-neath--backstory--goals.aspx , I’ve been thinking of changing sides to suit my character’s role playing needs.[li]

I’m thinking that my character allied with the Church when he first got out of prison to amend his sins. However, his dealings with some members of the Game and shady men of the cloth have him thinking of directly helping other factions.

Anyways, fellow Londoners what downtrodden factions need a Steadfast and Magnanimous (yet sometimes Heartless) to champion them? Obviously Hell, Society, and the Church is out of the question since they hold decent powers within the Neath.

Thanks in advance :D

I’d say the Urchins need a champion. Or maybe the Rubbery Men (whom I don’t think we can be closest to at the moment). Most of the others handle relatively well, even the Tomb Colonists (despite being somewhat pariahs).

[quote=Pyrodinium]Ever since I wrote my character’s background at http://community.failbettergames.com/topic1093-what-brings-you-to-the-neath--backstory--goals.aspx , I’ve been thinking of changing sides to suit my character’s role playing needs.[li]

I’m thinking that my character allied with the Church when he first got out of prison to amend his sins. However, his dealings with some members of the Game and shady men of the cloth have him thinking of directly helping other factions.

Anyways, fellow Londoners what downtrodden factions need a Steadfast and Magnanimous (yet sometimes Heartless) to champion them? Obviously Hell, Society, and the Church is out of the question since they hold decent powers within the Neath.

Thanks in advance :D[/quote]

[/li]We’d say the dockworkers might be appropriate, though the urchins would also work. Being heartless fits better with the urchins, considering some of the things they get up to.[li]

I’ve got to respect the Tomb Colonists since they do put up a great fight (literally) even with their current plight. I haven’t have any dealings with the Rubbery Men save for them wanting my amber way too much so I’m not that sure about them. The Urchins, hmm… perhaps I’ll learn more about them once I handled all the challenges of the Flit.
[li]
edited by Pyrodinium on 1/10/2014

[quote=Snowskeeper][quote=Pyrodinium]Ever since I wrote my character’s background at http://community.failbettergames.com/topic1093-what-brings-you-to-the-neath--backstory--goals.aspx , I’ve been thinking of changing sides to suit my character’s role playing needs.[li]

Thanks in advance :D[/quote]

[/li]We’d say the dockworkers might be appropriate, though the urchins would also work. Being heartless fits better with the urchins, considering some of the things they get up to.[li][/quote]

[/li][li]Well I helped the dock workers with their glorious strike and they also helped me get work as a Rat-Catcher… He’s not THAT heartless (Heartless 1) but yeah I agree that the Urchins have a lot of grownup dealings up there in the Flit.[/li][li]

None of the factions are entirely without means… the Urchins include the homeless and defenceless, but also secret cults of possibly immortal sky-talkers. The Docks covers the Admiralty as well as the unrepresented dockhands and the common zailors. And the Revolutionaries… surely there are factions who want to feed the poor, not just those who want to assassinate the sun? It is not clear.

[li]
It could be that any such organizations are considered to be ‘treacherous’ or too soft or something to the more radical Revolutionaries; that would mean that such a cell would have to defend against both the Constables (and the MoPD) and their extremist brethren. This is purely speculation, of course, but judging by what we know of both factions it would not surprise us in the least. Besides, speculation is fun.