The Dauntless Temperance Campaigner for Mayor

The Bishop’s a dedicated churchman, trying to enforce Surface-morality as best he can in the Neath. Jenny’s an intimate of the Masters and a longtime schemer, carving out a space for Bazaarines who’ve fallen through the cracks. The Contrarian’s a revolutionary sympathiser, trying to develop a post-Bazaar society. They seem to line up pretty nicely to the three schools.

I’ve never really thought about them that way, as the Bishop kinda strolls over into Nocturnal rudeness on short notice.

Whether this was intentional or not, I hope they continue this symmetry as it deepens the world building.

Ironically my character is a diehard Bazaarine who thinks the Celestials are stultifyingly old fashioned and the Nocturnals shallow posers (and don’t even get her started on those Mycologenes). Neath commerce is the only real subject where truly innovative art can be done, whether it’s commercial advertisement or works of baroque metaphysics :P

sighs I wish they’d have an Exceptional Story for the Celestials, the Bazaarines, and the Nocturnals. The Mycologenes have one after all. And they’ve had stories devoted to London’s serventry and the Young Stags. The three artistic schools have a lot of potential for a story.

Whether this was intentional or not, I hope they continue this symmetry as it deepens the world building.

Ironically my character is a diehard Bazaarine who thinks the Celestials are stultifyingly old fashioned and the Nocturnals shallow posers (and don’t even get her started on those Mycologenes). Neath commerce is the only real subject where truly innovative art can be done, whether it’s commercial advertisement or works of baroque metaphysics :P

sighs I wish they’d have an Exceptional Story for the Celestials, the Bazaarines, and the Nocturnals. The Mycologenes have one after all. And they’ve had stories devoted to London’s serventry and the Young Stags. The three artistic schools have a lot of potential for a story.[/quote]
Well, two things. The Mycologenes story is less on them, and more on blemigans. Blemigan society is interesting, and most players don’t get a lot of chances to interact with them- i didn’t even know what a blemigan was until my watchful was 150, and the only storylets i’ve seen, as a free player, for them are the secretary and the feral one, and the one for sale during the feast

An exceptional story for all three schools, [one for all three] would be neat, but there’s a pretty long list of would be neats on my list- what’s one more? Otherwise, if they make stories on the schools, the schools should just wind up as the hook, and the meat of the plot about something else- the school as a sub-plot.

At least, that’s my opinion, but i tend to pay too much attention to interesting things, and i find blemigans are fascinating, while schools of are are dull- for me, if not most people.

The story opens with a huge fad for Blemmigans and Mycologenian poetry. Depending on your choices, the story can end with you being a founding member of the Mycologenian school. It’s about the Mycologenian school as much as it’s about the Blemmmigans and gives you everything you need to know about both.

A supporting, background, or subplot role would be better than nothing.