the big one

“the big one” action in the Flit now has only 3-action options? What if I want only one to get to whatever level of Casing I need. Hoping this is not a permanent change.

Have you tried one of the 3-action storylets? I haven’t been able to yet because I don’t presently have 3 actions, but usually you get a bigger boost to Casing from a 3-action storylet.

I am happy to see the 3-action options in storylets like this, to be honest - the storylet is basically grinding, so having to click fewer times can only be a good thing. I take your point re possibly only needing one action’s worth of casing, but you could always use up any excess casing with the ‘sell information’ option.

One thing that’s slightly less good about the change to the 3-action options: clicking The Decoy still only gives 12-14 p of items (e.g., 6 drops of honey, or 14 rats on a string) as “a little bonus”, the same amount of little bonus it gave when The Decoy cost one action.
edited by Tea Biscuit on 11/23/2012
edited by Tea Biscuit on 11/23/2012

Edit; And the post I was replying to is no longer there. XD
edited by Sara Hysaro on 11/24/2012

It seems to provide the same amount of Casing that three actions would, but, the Decoy option is still only giving 12-14 p of actions, instead of the expected 36 to 42 p. Also, of course, if you only need one more action to hit whatever goal you’re trying to reach, you will end up spending 3.

I’d live with it if the Decoy option was switched to giving 26 to 42 p, since that was a fun way to pick up some extra little things while trying to earn Antique Mysteries or whatever.

I liked that option for the menace reducing items more than the other rewards, though I can understand why it’s a shame. Still, not bad for those trying to get the 4 card lodgings before becoming a POSI. You’ll still get some stuff while preparing, even if it’s less than before.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 11/24/2012