The Best Fate Locked Content

Okay guys, I want to know what Fate-Locked Content is the best. List all of them that you’ve done, and rate it 1-10. Oh, and if it helps, here are mine:

Soul Trade: 8
Flint: 9
Five Minutes To Midday: 7
The Gift: 9
Become Jack: 7
edited by Julias Stokes on 6/2/2016

If we’re counting exceptional stories, then Waltz That Moved the World and The Frequently Deceased are definitely a 10.

I wouldn’t say they’re great value for money, but I really enjoyed all the Incarnadine Robe content.

Rubbery Murders and becoming Jack were probably the only fate locked content that really dissapointed me.
Edit: On the other hand, the fate-locked conclusion to the Jack story was badass.
edited by Ian Hart on 5/31/2016

[quote=Ian Hart]If we’re counting exceptional stories, then Waltz That Moved the World and The Frequently Deceased are definitely a 10.

I wouldn’t say they’re great value for money, but I really enjoyed all the Incarnadine Robe content.

Rubbery Murders and becoming Jack were probably the only fate locked content that really dissapointed me.
Edit: On the other hand, the fate-locked conclusion to the Jack story was badass.
edited by Ian Hart on 5/31/2016[/quote]
Why the disappoint with Jack?

[quote=Vavakx Nonexus][quote=Ian Hart]If we’re counting exceptional stories, then Waltz That Moved the World and The Frequently Deceased are definitely a 10.

Why the disappoint with Jack?[/quote]

I suppose I was expecting something more &quotconsequential&quot. I certainly hoped I’d at least get some lore hint as to what allowed me to stop being Jack, while anyone else is possessed permanently

[quote=Ian Hart][quote=Vavakx Nonexus][quote=Ian Hart]If we’re counting exceptional stories, then Waltz That Moved the World and The Frequently Deceased are definitely a 10.

Why the disappoint with Jack?[/quote]

I suppose I was expecting something more &quotconsequential&quot. I certainly hoped I’d at least get some lore hint as to what allowed me to stop being Jack, while anyone else is possessed permanently[/quote]

(This is a reply to the quoted spoiler)

There are definitely other people who were able to stop being Jack. I distinctly remember a Reformed Hellraiser who broke free, for instance.

edited by Saklad5 on 6/1/2016

Can’t have two spoiler tags in one post, unfortunately. Even if it’s in quotes.

And yes, there was that one other gentleman, and I was hoping I could find out what it was he and I had in common that allowed us to safely return to ourselves. Maybe inform the constables so they could save others, that sort of thing.

[quote=Ian Hart]If we’re counting exceptional stories, then Waltz That Moved the World and The Frequently Deceased are definitely a 10.

you mean the one where you both destroy the workplace and find out who did it?

if so, could you PM me what happens? I had run out of fate when I got to that part

[quote=ochrasy][quote=Ian Hart]If we’re counting exceptional stories, then Waltz That Moved the World and The Frequently Deceased are definitely a 10.

you mean the one where you

if so, could you PM me what happens? I had run out of fate when I got to that part[/quote]
I can do you one better and echo the relevant entries right here:
I’ll wrap them in spoiler tags to be safe

I had always assumed that the ones who stopped being Jack were the ones who had the knife taken away from them without being killed or arrested and quickly hanged.

If it were quite as simple as that though, wouldn’t the case have unraveled quite some time ago? I’d suspect the constables generally disarm people as they arrest them.

If it were quite as simple as that though, wouldn’t the case have unraveled quite some time ago? I’d suspect the constables generally disarm people as they arrest them.[/quote]
Well, some have mental backlash. Being jack means you kill people and like it, and not everyone stops liking it when they turn back. Many convince themselves that they want to do that, that they love doing it. Jack’s no longer playing puppet with them, but if you use something alive as a puppet long enough, eventually it moves like that without you pulling the strings.

Ahhh, I like to think of this as the Fingerking’s Principle. In the end I fear their greatest weapon is our desire to be ruled.

[quote=Ian Hart][quote=ochrasy][quote=Ian Hart]If we’re counting exceptional stories, then Waltz That Moved the World and The Frequently Deceased are definitely a 10.

if so, could you PM me what happens? I had run out of fate when I got to that part[/quote]

[spoiler]

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Antifinity?fromEchoId=5539944
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Antifinity?fromEchoId=5539948
[/spoiler][/quote]
Said events are mostly just the events for the two disparate endings tweaked to merge together. They’re not really all that unique, so I wouldn’t really recommend anyone spend Fate on that if they have other Fate-locked stories yet to play.
edited by Optimatum on 6/2/2016

Edited my post - I’m finishing the Gift right now… Oh god…

I turned around and looked at the Empress’s Children. Did anyone else do that, and was the Searing Enigma worth it?

[quote=Ian Hart]
If it were quite as simple as that though, wouldn’t the case have unraveled quite some time ago? I’d suspect the constables generally disarm people as they arrest them.[/quote]

I had also imagined that it took a little while to wear off, and that someone like Jack, once caught, would be hanged within hours. Especially if the Special Constables got involved.

[quote=Julias Stokes]Edited my post - I’m finishing the Gift right now… Oh god…
Did anyone else do that, and was the Searing Enigma worth it?[/quote]
Yes.

It’s not an end. You can return to the palace cellars and take another option.

Worth it for the lore, though.

[quote=Ian Hart][quote=ochrasy][quote=Ian Hart]If we’re counting exceptional stories, then Waltz That Moved the World and The Frequently Deceased are definitely a 10.

[spoiler]

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Antifinity?fromEchoId=5539944
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Antifinity?fromEchoId=5539948
[/spoiler][/quote]

thank you!

[quote=Jermaine Vendredi][quote=Julias Stokes]Edited my post - I’m finishing the Gift right now… Oh god…
Did anyone else do that, and was the Searing Enigma worth it?[/quote]
Yes.
It’s not an end. You can return to the palace cellars and take another option.
Worth it for the lore, though.

Dangit. I missed that.

What did the other option give?

[quote=Julias Stokes]Okay guys, I want to know what Fate-Locked Content is the best. List all of them that you’ve done, and rate it 1-10. Oh, and if it helps, here are mine:

Soul Trade: 8
Flint: 9
Five Minutes To Midday: 7
The Gift: 9
Become Jack: 7
edited by Julias Stokes on 6/2/2016[/quote]

I was wondering if this is &quotthe gift&quot you were talking about http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/The_Gift Thanks!

Yes, that is the Gift. And it really is quite good.
Personally, I enjoyed most of Fate locked content quite a lot. The lore is usually worth it for me, with the Rubbery Murders being the one exception.
From the practical standpoint, Jenny’s Finishing School was one of the most useful fate-locked stories because it unlocks a repeatable carousel in a different area, thus allowing you to refresh your cards for some 12-15 actions.
Soul Trade is also very nice and gives you a good card for grinding come connections/favours.
Incidentally, this may be a useful guide for you:
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic19937-a-non-spoiler-guide-to-fate-locked-content.aspx?Page=1#post102897
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic19937-a-non-spoiler-guide-to-fate-locked-content.aspx?Page=2#post103232