The Basalt Gallery

Flesh-Stick: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! C’MON! GO SOMEBODY! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

Another person stands in the crown. The Euphemian Game-Carver, the mysterious masked owner of the bizarre salon-shop ‘Euphemia’. They claim to only be here to watch, yet a slight blue glow emanates from the top of the sheath, where their bladed armament awaits forthcoming use. Another peculiarity is their headwear. It is unsurprising to meet them in a top hat, but the ironically useless metallic piece of cranium coverage does not see use beyond the most dire of martial situations. They speak of the recently begun bidding, as a small ratty figure suspiciously whispers into their ear. &quotI bet 5 Echoes on the other contestant. I do not trust skills learned solely from a notebook.&quot

[If it comes to fighting, the Game-Carver is, while not particularly short, extremely light on their feet and quite aggressive in combat. They will lunge, cut and swing for your organs, thoroughly and efficiently. I would also recommend not going for the mask. Seriously, the result would be a bother for everyone involved.]
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 7/5/2016

&quotJa! I am going to fight. Is bullet okay?&quot[li]

A glass is taken but not without skepticism. Amelia’s thoughts whirl with possibilities but the idea of a glass being poisoned is immediately dismissed. She indulges for a moment while eyeing the brawler in question. He looks like a regular of Medusa’s Head though she can’t quite pinpoint her suspicion over the arrangement. What gain could there be in someone placing a brawler here?

But when Maria speaks up to fight, her thoughts come to a quick conclusion. &quot500 rostygold ta tha lass,&quot she announces. &quotMuch as tha lad sits thar lookin’ ugly 'n fitter than a boar, tha don say much else bought wha 'e can do. Rather see’im fight first 'fore I lay me weight thar.&quot

[OOC: No matter what, I’d expect to see some RP from both sides, and not just “Fight happens. XYZ wins”, but I think that is quite a basic concern. Stats don’t seem a good idea either, as people on various stages in the game seem to show up here. Discussion should totally happen, and I’d definitely like to see some player commentary afterwards about why the winner won and the loser lost. Just my large amount of cents.]

(Perhaps a system could be devised. Something along the lines of &quotIf character’s years of experience is 5+, add 3 points. If character is injured in any way, -1.&quot And so on. Whoever totals the most points would win. Or, the total number of points is how many times your character’s name gets entered in a random # generator, which determines winners.

Ex: Player 1 has 8 points. Player 2 only has 5. Player 1 gets numbers 1-8. Player 2 gets numbers 9-13. Whoever’s number gets picked wins.

So the &quotbetter&quot fighter would obviously have an edge, but is not stuck on a ridiculous win streak over others.)
edited by EnigmaticVixen on 7/5/2016

[That still doesn’t account for style combinations, like a fast aggressive fighter against a slow, but stronger one. I’d say that your and your enemy’s fighting styles should be really important for fighting in such a varied environment. More cents for you people.]

(Well, Maria is light and, considering she is a thief, quite fast. Apart from her revolver, she has brass knuckles and a fight. However, she is used to help and outdoor enviroments. She is neither strongnor really tough. She probably just gotninto hell. She brawls for the first time. At least competitively. She did fight before.)[li][/li][li]
edited by Rysiek on 7/5/2016

&quotYa ‘eard wha I said. Ya a right mean lookin’ bloke, real rare boar ready ta toss 'n land,&quot she grins at Elton. &quotBut yall haff ta wait if’n ya wanta toss wiff me, lad. Do what yer caretaker says 'n get nice 'n pretty thar ringside.&quot

[ Putting it to a system just goes back to what I posed earlier. Plus it doesn’t really account to the roleplayer’s idea on how the character fights, it just ends up being who has the bigger stat at the end. We already have 1 character that is strong but whose weakness is being slow while the other character is fast but is not very strong. I’d say roleplay that out and if both roleplayers are nervous than PM each other on who feels would win the fight before roleplaying it out. ]

[Talking about the nitty gritty, will any of us count our winnings/losses, or is this a purely symbolic loss/gain?]

[I doubt we’ll get to go over, like, 25 echoes in bets. I doubt any of us are here for the reward, but it’s interesting to think about how this could be implemented.]

[I thought it was more symbolic/roleplaying than actual in game currency.]

&quotNazywam się Maria. Maria Konstantynopolska. Soon I will be Doctor Konstantynopolska&quot the mathematican in the suit said, drawing her revolver. &quotAnd I am afraid I just volunteered for something stupid while acting to fast. What is your name, sir?&quot[li]

[quote=Professor Sketch]&quotElton Grim.&quot
He glances at the revolver.
&quotYou’re not going to be using that, are you? Or is this a duel?&quot he asks.[/quote]
&quotUm… gdzie jest wyjście?&quot she asked, looking for the exit &quotNie wiem co robiłam kiedy się na to zapisałam, ale myśle że pomimo że jestem idiotką, to chcę mieć możliwość wypisania się.&quot[li]

&quotOi, ya goin’ ta go up thar or are ya goin’ ta keep lookin’ pretty,&quot Amelia jeers. &quotI didn’t toss me earnings ta watch a bunch o’ blokes pucker up fer baby frows. Ye either forfeit or ya toss 'em a right nasty eye 'n give it yer all.&quot

Flesh-Stick leans so far forward in his chair he falls out of it

Elias stands at the edge of the slope and looks down on the fight, ready to call the EMT if someone gets pushed over the river.

Flesh-Stick looks into the pit but doesn’t see a river

wonders if the exhaustion is going to Eli’s head and goes over and gives him a cup of coffee

After Maria is punched in the nose, she kicks Grim three times between the legs, before she shouts &quotCan’t someone replace me with Ms. Syrus? She wanted the fight, I think I got into hell and wanted to escape before she wanted it to start. She should fight.&quot She clearly wasn’t comforta le at all. (OOC: Can I declare this topic (or rather: this fight) non-canon for Maria? I actually only wanted to learn to RP fights…)[li]

&quotIf I am allowed to throw you down here… and get a doctor. Why does it always have to be my nose. I would prefer to shoot a lot…&quot (I opt for this to be non cannon)[li]
&quotIf I am allowed to, I would opt for a fight&quot said a blonde woman in a black dress who just appeared to have entered (OOC: Depending on her mood, Agata is light and slow. But she is even worse in hitting than Maria. But if her mood is bad, she can endure a lot of heavy punches. And today,it is bad, so she will end up rather beat up. And possibly punch a few. At least, she fights clean. And for her it can be cannon, as long as the fight won’t be visible for a long time. She can have bruises, but no broken nose or missing teeth.) &quotIn fact, send a few people down here. I will take them on. If I am allowed, maybe I will write about it? I need a few good punches anyways. Maybe it will make my mood better.&quot