Tattoos and Love

I am deeply tempted to go random, especially since I have a couple non-PoSI friends who A ) haven’t started Clathermont’s storyline at all or B ) deeply offended Lilac, and can’t hope to scrape together some Blackmail Material.

Unfortunately, Mr Eaten’s Name does not appear to be a viable tattoo quality. Perhaps it does something else? Or even nothing at all.

For the looks of it, it will be 50 fate and another 10 actions to change your tattoo. May have to take a day or two to make my decision…

Narrowed it down to 2, now do I want to raise my nightmares that high:)

There was no hesitation for me. How keenly I miss my darling Alice…

How is it possible to choose??
So many intriguing options!!

Kudos, Alexis. This is really well done and the attention to details is noticeable.
I really like the SMEN option; I love that there’s an Ambition Enigma option.

I’ll delay the choice a bit, but will probably end up choosing semi-randomly from the 3-4 options which most resonate with my character.

(though I must wonder if someone might choose the real random option and succeed in getting the SMEN tattoo!)

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/The_Name [li]

We would like to bring your attention to one part of this destiny in particular:

&quotTattooed forearm.&quot[/li][li]
edited by Snowskeeper on 2/25/2014

If there weren’t so many tattoos that aren’t appealing, I would totally try the random option in hopes of getting the SMEN tattoo.

[quote=Snowskeeper]http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/The_Name

We would like to bring your attention to one part of this destiny in particular:

&quotTattooed forearm.&quot[/quote]
Wow! I’ve completely forgotten about this little detail of that destiny!

(BTW, your link to the wiki is broken - there’s an extra &quotli&quot HTML tag that got embedded as part of the URL and has to be removed manually).

[color=#009900]I’m going to save angst by confirming that the Mr Eaten’s Name tattoo is not available via the random options. (Although, were it not for one of my colleagues being diligent in QA, it might have been.)[/color][li]

[quote=dov][quote=Snowskeeper]http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/The_Name

&quotTattooed forearm.&quot[/quote]
Wow! I’ve completely forgotten about this little detail of that destiny!

(BTW, your link to the wiki is broken - there’s an extra &quotli&quot HTML tag that got embedded as part of the URL and has to be removed manually).[/quote]

[li]
Fixed; thanks for that.

I am pretty much all but certain that random tattoos won’t get you the Name; you can mouse over the Skin-Bound Memory requirement on the Rework option to see an entire list of possible tattoos; the Name isn’t there! But I think getting the Name tattooed on you at some point is definitely a thing. You just can’t accidentally discover Eaten’s Name by getting hell drunk.

(although it might be /there/ and just non-removable with Fate. that could happen also)
edited by Spacemarine9 on 2/25/2014

Thank you kindly! (Also: shucks.)

Who is brave enough to betray Lilac to Clathermont with the risk of forgoing all those delicious options? :)

Intriguing, and not a little baffling! I always overthink such content. In the end, Sir Fred argued that love was a motivating force, neither good nor bad (the base of all metaphysics, as Whitman wrote,) and then chose a tattoo that was aesthetically pleasing, enigmatic to others, but laden with personal significance. Hubris described love as transactional - and no doubt he meant it - but then betrayed a certain sentimental streak with a tattoo of his homeland, such as it is. Juniper preached the loyalty of love, and, true to form, took on the tattoo of a loved one now gone - poor child. Esther speculated on the role of love in the narratives of history, and selected a tattoo of a revolutionary symbol from a year that might never come.

As unauspicious it may seem, Shylan and Edlaine chose respectively the Sun and the Bazaar.

We are expecting for something terrible happening during our wedding.

Hurmph. I seem to have narrowed my choices down to… four.

Is it the S______ D____? r is it something invisible for those who didn’t solve the Enigma yet?

You need Enigma to see it.

“Your Own Name” doesn’t mention if it gives Dreaded or Bizarre (or anything), has anyone tried it?

Chose the Watchful option because the tattoo it offers suits SF best of all the available options. His opinion on love is that it is an illusion.