Talk of the Town

I know. I can see why the game would be that way, given the whole stages of development shindig. Playing a completely imbalanced character is also kinda fun, in the strange metagaming kind of way.

You mean like a challenge run? Those can be pretty fun. Though if I were to create an imbalanced character I’d have to create a secondary character to focus on the two stats I didn’t level up. Or maybe 4 characters who focus on one stat alone? If it didn’t cost Fate to bypass the stat checks that could be a fun little comparison (though I think the Shadowy character would probably be best off).

If you’ve still got Court access, I think you can grind Stolen Correspondence pretty efficiently through some of the building romance cards. Sounds like you’re probably past that point though if you’ve got Persuasive up that high.

If he is past that part then he can head to Polythreme for Intriguing Gossip (65 for 12 Fascinating), and go to the Foreign Office for Compromising Documents.

You can get Compromising Documents at the Foreign Office?

And yes, I did get kicked out of the Court.

Yep.

Huh. Experimenting time!

Or if you want to save time you can click the yep. I made it link to the one that gives you Compromising Documents. :)
edited by Sara Hysaro on 5/8/2013

Thank ya thank ya. I wanted to get an average “actions per echo/item” count, though.

14 actions for progress + 1 action to cash in for 18 E = 120 ppa, not counting in failures or the documents/actions needed for the entrance.
But it’s worth noting that even a failure will get you at least 1 cp.
edited by Aximillio on 5/8/2013

Aw, I really wanted to try this out, so I camped at my Lodgings for three days waiting for the right card to come up. I was quite enjoying myself until I was unceremoniously booted back to my lodgings at the end of the party.

I’d have been happy to do a few more cycles to try out the options and get a reward, but considering the level of hassle involved I really don’t want to bother now. On the whole, I just feel like I’ve wasted about ten actions. Maybe it would be better if you could get two or three parties out of a single card? I understand the K&C hiding thing, but it seems like it’s just as easy for people to flee in other ways…

I just drew the card in Watchmaker’s Hill! It looks like it’s no longer restricted to our lodgings.

awesome!