Table Four at an 1894 Hallowmas Dinner Party

[quote=pillbox]You hear the sound of a gong, seemingly emanating from everywhere (you suspect a clever cook with a very large soup pot). A space on the floor has been cleared, and a nervous looking string quartet begins to play.

(The dance floor is now open to anyone who wishes to dance)[/quote]
(OOC) Quick repost from 11 since this is my native thread.

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]At the break of the dance, the Mirthless Colonist silently walks up to the Lady Pillbox, and offers her his hand,[/color]
&quotIf I recall correctly, I requested a dance.&quot[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)] [/color]

Pillbox joins the Mirthless Colonist on the dance floor.

(OOC) Once again, for the sake of keeping our content to both our native tables.

He takes her hand with care, as if it were crystal, or scintillack, and puts his other hand on her waist.
The first dance, a waltz, Strauss.

They’re the leading pair, they glide across the floor, steps and breaths synchronous and even. She is the very height of poise and grace, he is humbleness itself, and executes his moves perfectly complimentary to hers. Simple boxes, a chassé, a lock, impetus, and a well-timed fleckerl at the centre of the room, as they’d do above in Vienna, &quotThe marseillaise of the heart&quot, he whispers into her ear. The song draws toward its coda, the steps linger more, the positioning of his arms become less polite, and more affectionate, he leans her in closer than would be appropriate, and at the conclusion dips her scandalously deep. People clap from all directions.
&quotI feel like I’m a hundred-and-fifty again! Marvellous, marvellous. You know how to dance, I’ll grant you that.
Perhaps another dance, later?&quot
edited by Infinity Simulacrum on 11/2/2016

quote=Infinity Simulacrum Once again, for the sake of keeping our content to both our native tables.

He takes her hand with care, as if it were crystal, or scintillack, and puts his other hand on her waist.
The first dance, a waltz, Strauss.

They’re the leading pair, they glide across the floor, steps and breaths synchronous and even. She is the very height of poise and grace, he is humbleness itself, and executes his moves perfectly complimentary to hers. Simple boxes, a chassé, a lock, impetus, and a well-timed fleckerl at the centre of the room, as they’d do above in Vienna, &quotThe marseillaise of the heart&quot, he whispers into her ear. The song draws toward its coda, the steps linger more, the positioning of his arms become less polite, and more affectionate, he leans her in closer than would be appropriate, and at the conclusion dips her scandalously deep. People clap from all directions.
&quotI feel like I’m a hundred-and-fifty again! Marvellous, marvellous. You know how to dance, I’ll grant you that.
Perhaps another dance, later?&quot
edited by Infinity Simulacrum on 11/2/2016[/quote]

(OOC - I did up a forum thread for the dance floor, thought it would keep things tidy.)

Pillbox laughs.

&quotSuch charm, I am surprised! It truly has been a delight and I would certainly enjoy another dance later in the evening. Perhaps you might even enjoy a drink with table eleven. A solicited one.&quot

The Mirthless Colonist slams a bottle of absinthe on the table, and settles in his chair again.
&quotHow about we play a drinking game? We all take a swig of absinthe, and then come up with one thing that you definetly shouldn’t scream out loud in a crowded Spite-market.&quot
He takes a long swig, and goes first; &quotVictoria! Victoria!&quot He laughs a wheezing laugh as the others shift uncomfortably in their seat.
&quotDon’t worry, a bit of liquid courage, and you won’t mind at all!&quot
edited by Infinity Simulacrum on 11/4/2016

“Again, I must declin…”
The box shakes, dislodging the scientists grip.
“Oh shut it and let ME handle this one.”
“Now just wait a minute…”
The box whips out the arm once more, before taking a swig.
“Run for the tomb-colonies, the Bishop convinced the queen to go to war on hell again!”
“Oh come on, the most you would get out of that one is an annoyed shrug, or dismissive laughter.”
“Oh, you think you can do better, then? Take a swig and lets see.”
The box tosses the bottle over to the scientist, who after fumbling with his bandages, takes a sip, chokes a bit, and downs a swig.
“Everyone go home, you’ve ALL been replaced with rubberies, mongols, and claymen!”
He falls out of his seat.
“Huh. Wasn’t kidding about being a lightweight. Right, uh. You folks go on, I have some… Business, to take care of.”
The box flops onto the ground, dragging itself towards the other tables…

The Mirthless Colonist makes a dissatisfied grunt as he looks on at the sad display. You’d expect a Tomb-Colonist to be able to hold his liquor.
He hoists the Ticking Scientist up by the armpits and settles him in his chair, hoping he won’t have too bad of a hangover when he wakes up.
Who’s taking the next swig?

Sajach from table eleven sees this game going on and asks for permission to join. Brushing past the Ticking Scientist he takes his shot and shouts at the top of his lungs “Everybody they are giving out free wine!” Then he stumbles away to the bathroom.

&quotThat’s not the point of the game you b___y gat!&quot
The Mirthless Colonist takes turn again.
A very long swig, this is going to be bad.
&quotTHE DROWNED ONE STIRS! THE NAME BURNS IN SEVEN! A RECKONING HAS COME!&quot

Even the colonist must admit it’s in bad taste, but the words demand to be spoken.

Seajack looks back with a smirk. “if you don’t think the prospect of free wine would cause a riot in a Spite market, you have never been to a Spite market.”