Table 6 - Nitebrite's Hallowmass Bash

"Hello there! We got whiskey, wine, and everything else you need to tide yourself over until the food arrives.

“I haven’t a clue. Much has been forgotten. The Masters might have an educated guess, but I doubt they would condescend to discuss it.”

He looks up at the newcomer, “Hello, I don’t think we’ve met. I’m Dr. Kaigen. We were just having an academic discussion of questionable value.”

“Ooh, I love those. You know, on the surface, I was something of a scholar. I came to the Neath to seek immortality.”

“How is that going for you?”

"Questionable value and also legality, I believe.

Kaigen, were you suggesting the other cities might be out under the zee somewhere?

“Not at all. I was merely suggesting that the Zee may well have kept previous cities from expanding beyond where they fell, leading to a dearth of evidence. I, for one, would not fancy attempting to cross the Zee without the benefit of steam power.”

“What’s the alternative? Decaying slowly out in the Tomb Colonies? Immortality, or death within a reasonable lifespan, I say.”

“There are always the drownies. A strange folk but not a half bad way to live.”

&quotLet us be grateful for this chance meeting, then! We ought to see more of each other.&quot Florence replies to Emma, before joining the conversation at large.

&quotSay what you will about the Scorched Sailor, but he’s a superlative captain.&quot Perhaps Florence is thinking of the scars marring her own face, hidden under her mask as they are.

“It’s not so bad not having a pretty face. Especially down here in London. Masks are almost more common then hats.”

(There are RPs to finish. Forgive my silliness.)

Sun-touched feathers, fringed with red the melted color of gold in candlelight, surrounding two eyes opaque and round as Ra’s wristwatch that peer from above a thin, pointed beak of yellow.
It’s quite an impressive picture, and looks rather out of place on the body of a clearly young ectomorph, nervously peering out of those paper-mache eyes at a small card.
The eyes look up from the paper, turning their blank gaze to Table Six.
&quotHello!&quot exclaims some light voice from behind the theaterhouse beak, &quotForgive me for being late. I hope I’m not interrupting any important discussions, am I?&quot

“This is a party. There is never an important discussion. Who are you?”

&quotRory Sketch,&quot he says as he slips into an empty seat.
He sticks a delicate hand out to his greeter, adjusting his mask with the other.
&quotI’m rather new to, uh-&quot he twirls his absent hand vaguely in the air, &quot- all this. I just came down from the Surface a week ago. Celebrations look the same, though, save some, um…&quot
The phoenix eyes look around at the various masks populating the room.
&quotRather odd choices of headwear,&quot he continues, and giggles, &quotBut it’s very entertaining. What’s your name?&quot

Rory Sketch’s hand is given a hardy shake by a much larger hand. Listening closely, he might be able to hear the sound of gears.
“Dirae Erinyes, Correspondent. I’ve been down here for some years, but my memory isn’t the best.”

&quotHow about this, then,&quot the phoenix proposes, &quotYou tell me some of the things rattling around in that bad memory of yours, and I’ll remember them for you.&quot
He grabs a cookie off the nibbles tray.
&quotI’m a poet, by the way, in case that seemed like a weird thing to say. Need things to write about. Any juicy stories I could put to paper?&quot

[quote=Drake Dynamo]Emma frowns behind her mask at Julias.

&quotMy brother’s immortal. He says it’s not all that it’s cracked up to be.&quot She remarks. She nods towards Table One.

&quotJust look at that fellow, the Scorched Sailor. Imagine if you had to live forever looking like that. Not even Cider can heal those burns.&quot[/quote]
&quotMaybe not. But even so, some things need to be set right here in the Neath, things that require more than a lifetime to fix. And I’m the only one I trust to fix them.&quot

[quote=The Atumian Sputum]&quotHow about this, then,&quot the phoenix proposes, &quotYou tell me some of the things rattling around in that bad memory of yours, and I’ll remember them for you.&quot
He grabs a cookie off the nibbles tray.
&quotI’m a poet, by the way, in case that seemed like a weird thing to say. Need things to write about. Any juicy stories I could put to paper?&quot[/quote]

&quotDo you want surface memories or my memories have down here? My memory is spotty for both.
As for juicy stories, well have you met the Captivating Princess yet?&quot

&quotNo, not yet, though I’ve certainly heard things worthy of a po-&quot
An interrupting voice.
An incredibly amorously placed hand for such a safe spot of the body.
Upon the sound of Rory’s father’s name, the youth turns his attention quickly to Emma, flicking up two fingers and a glance to Dirae in a short apology.
&quotYes, actually, we are - Charles Sketch is my father. I haven’t seen him in many years. Your brother isn’t here, is he? I’d quite like to ask him a few questions about how he knows my father.&quot

&quotThe sun at bay with splendid thrusts still keeps the sullen fold;
And momently at distance sets, as a cupola of gold,
The thatched roof of a cot a-glance;
Or on the blurred horizon joins his battle with the haze;
Or pools on the blooming fields about with inter-isolate blaze,
Great moveless meres of radiance.&quot
The paper-mache eyes look into the lively ones opposite them as they recite poetry in smooth words, slowly setting their own second hand atop Emma’s.
There is a pause once the youth finishes, maintaining the glance and his gentle capture of the Texan’s hand.
&quotHugo,&quot he then says, &quotDescribes it best. Though every poet has written something or other about Helios’ beauty. Talk to me again in a few years and perhaps I’ll have something half as good as his work. But your accent - foreign, isn’t it? From the Americas? Surely you weren’t born in the Neath - whatever brought you down here?&quot

[quote=Julias Stokes][quote=Drake Dynamo]Emma frowns behind her mask at Julias.

&quotMy brother’s immortal. He says it’s not all that it’s cracked up to be.&quot She remarks. She nods towards Table One.

&quotJust look at that fellow, the Scorched Sailor. Imagine if you had to live forever looking like that. Not even Cider can heal those burns.&quot[/quote]
&quotMaybe not. But even so, some things need to be set right here in the Neath, things that require more than a lifetime to fix. And I’m the only one I trust to fix them.&quot[/quote]

&quotWhat justice are you looking for down here?&quot