Switching Ambitions then switching back

Hi folks,

To my great surprise, this evening I reached the (current) end of the “Bag a Legend” Ambition storyline.

Can anyone tell me: if I pay fate to get a new ambition, then later pay again to switch back to Bag a Legend, do I keep my progress? Or would I have to repeat all the storyline I’ve already covered?

I don’t know, but that would be a great idea.

Not only would it encourage us to explore the other options, but it would give story-capped players something fun to do while waiting for the next (and probably final) stage of the one we’re on.

I would assume that Lethe water erases your progress completely. Because… it’s Lethe water, you know? Also because from a technical point of view, it is easier to just reset your story state, rather then freeze it.
Also I remember reading somewhere, that you lose all you ambition-related story items.

I changed my Ambition from ‘Nemesis’ to ‘Bag a Legend!’ not long after arriving in the Neath. I can’t speak specifically about switching back, but I can say that the switch removed the qualities and items that were tracking my progress in my original ambition so I assume that is gone for good.

So, it sounds like the double switcheroo is not really advisable. (Not really surprising: as you say Fhoenix, a “hard reset” is the easy thing to implement here.) A shame – one of the cool things about an ambition is how it focuses your stats improvement, and my Persuasive/Shadowy are lagging terribly behind.

Actually I start to wonder how painful it would really be to replay that storyline, with 100+ Dangerous/Watchful: might be worth the switch even without keeping my progress.

I didn’t start my Ambition until much later in the game than most people, and absolutely breezed through the first 20 or so levels with no difficulty at all (my relevant stats were maybe 50-ish at that point) - I think if you’d like to and don’t mind paying the fate, switching and then switching back and replaying Bag a Legend would not be too painful a task at all :]
edited by Corentin Os on 1/29/2013

I didn’t start my Ambition until much later in the game than most people, and absolutely breezed through the first 20 or so levels with no difficulty at all (my relevant stats were maybe 50-ish at that point) - I think if you’d like to and don’t mind paying the fate, switching and then switching back and replaying Bag a Legend would not be too painful a task at all :]
edited by Corentin Os on 1/29/2013[/quote]

Esp. not if you choose Light Fingers (persuasive/shadowy), since that eventually even gets you some lethean leaves.

[quote=Tikitu de Jager]Hi folks,

To my great surprise, this evening I reached the (current) end of the “Bag a Legend” Ambition storyline.

Can anyone tell me: if I pay fate to get a new ambition, then later pay again to switch back to Bag a Legend, do I keep my progress? Or would I have to repeat all the storyline I’ve already covered?[/quote]

I’m pretty sure you don’t, since the game says you lose all your items associated with the Ambition as soon as you abandon it.