Swift Zee-clipper or Zubmarine?

What did you grind at the Flit for the zub? I thought I could get the materials I need at Wilmot’s End, but if there is a faster way, I would love to know

[li]

What did you grind at the Flit for the zub? I thought I could get the materials I need at Wilmot’s End, but if there is a faster way, I would love to know

[li][/quote]

[/li][li]Just a theory (Since I use this technique too): You can grind Thefts of Particular Character for a 12.50 echo item, sell said item to the Bazaar, and finally Hire Strong-backed Labour at the Bazaar Side-Streets[/li][li]

Alternatively, you can build up Dramatic Tension from the War of Assassins and cash that out in Wilmot’s End for whirring contraptions. That’s what I did.

Could you please elaborate on that?[/quote]I can’t speak for anybody else’s Destiny, but if I’m going to meet the Lorn-Flukes and become one of them, it might help if I have a vessel that can dive deep enough to meet them.
edited by Raymond R Price on 2/10/2014

What did you grind at the Flit for the zub? I thought I could get the materials I need at Wilmot’s End, but if there is a faster way, I would love to know[/quote]
Ah, forgive my hazy memory, but I am pretty sure my process went something like this:

• At Wilmot’s End, the outcome of the missing persons carousel trades two Dramatic Tension for items needed for the zub (Whirring Contraption, Strong-Backed Labour, I believe it was);[/li][li]While grinding I realised the War of Assassins in the Flit either worked out as more action-efficient for getting those points of Dramatic Tension, or was more useful for the stats I wanted to grind at the time (sorry, this is the part I’m hazy on);[/li][li]So I would build up the two DT through continued bumbling assassinatoring in the Flit, then go to Wilmot’s End, get the Whirring Contraption and NOT click the option to reset the Wilmot’s End carousel directly afterwards;[/li][li]Then head back to the Flit, build up DT, repeat.

And Raymond Price beat me to the answer. Ah well. :)

My destiny also involves the Flukes, as it happens. I’d already had the zub for some time by then and was amused at the happenstance.

Although, soberly now, I’m not sure you should let glimpses of a possible future dictate your choices in the present unless you like to do that sort of thing. If you and your character would enjoy a clipper most, that alone makes a strong case for it.

[quote=Suitov]Although, soberly now, I’m not sure you should let glimpses of a possible future dictate your choices in the present unless you like to do that sort of thing.[/quote]Yes, I’m fairly certain that the game won’t allow me to proceed with my destiny to the point where I’d actually need a zubmarine. But it seemed prudent, and who knows what the future might bring? :)