Sunless Sea: where would you like to go today?

[color=#009900]
[/color]Well, with so many unfinished storylets in Fallen London ( I bet 77 First City coins that even FBG members forgot some of these currently IMPOSSIBLE! stories. ), it’s nice to see some progress. And I really love interconnection between qualities…

I heard that House of Chimes’s invitation is great example of reflection of one’s achievement, so why other stories can’t have some of it? I really hate it whenever I see GameplayAndStorySegregation, and sadly lots of stuff… oh, this is deraling topic. I’ll finish it on other place.

[color=#ffffff]Possibly related PS: [/color]When will this surface-invitation system fixed? I can’t possibly advertise Sunless Sea without showing Fallen London first, and if people cannot use my invitations / or block me for &quotSpamming&quot, I can’t possibly advertise Fallen London without looking like a scam spam.

[color=#ffffff]Unrelated PS: [/color]Why is every single new qualities go under &quotStory&quot tab? Even without numerous stuff that belong to other tabs, It’s so horribly cluttered and long enough to hurt my middle finger. Quirks are also messy, as they tend to have &quotcaps&quot for no real reasons, thus failing to show one’s character development. And is &quotruthless&quot means evil or pragmatic? The stories that give them have capricious criteria.

[color=#ffffff]Really Related PS: I backed Sunless Sea on [/color][color=rgb(102, 181, 210)]@[/color][color=#3366cc]Kickstarter[/color]![color=#333333] [/color][color=#ffff00]kck.st/1e9V9mU [/color]
Speaking of which, will there be some sort of Mariner’s lounge, just like Temple Club? I really loved the atmosphere of that place.

[li]
edited by Tommy Wi on 9/3/2013

Oh, my! Everything looks scrumptious, but I’m especially intrigued by the Salt Lions (sphinxes! monuments! mysteries!), the DAWN MACHINE, Adam’s Way, and Port Carnelian.

The New Khanate, and the redacted destination look most appealing to me.
I pledged this morning, I hope you reach the goal!

That would be awesome! I want a place where I can hang out and drink grog. It will take away the taste of my crew. wipes mouth

Do you have to tempt me like this? :D

Please, join me in a drink and a snack! passes Corran a lightly-grilled leg to gnaw on

&quotWell, with so many unfinished storylets in Fallen London ( I bet 77 First City coins that even FBG members forgot some of these currently IMPOSSIBLE! stories. )…&quot

I highly doubt that.

use fallenlondon
create view impossible_locked_content as
select s.name, b.name
from storylet s (nolock)
join storylet_branch b (nolock) on b.sb_id = s.sb_id
join branch_requirement br (nolock) on br.b_id = b.b_id
join quality q (nolock) on q.quality_id = br.quality_id
where q.name = ‘Impossible!’

They’re going to have something like this readily available. It may be facetiousness, bu it comes off like assuming incompetence, which could be interpreted as rather rude.
edited by Theus on 9/3/2013

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][color=#009900]The Kickstarter’s due to launch tomorrow at 11am GMT / noon BST. My palms are sweating a little.[/color][li]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
<snipped for brevity>
[/li]
[color=#009900]What would you most like to visit? This will help give us a steer - if we get funded - on which destinations might go into the early beta first…

[/color][li][/li]
edited by Alexis on 9/2/2013[/quote]

Port Carnelian, please.

[quote=Theus]&quotWell, with so many unfinished storylets in Fallen London ( I bet 77 First City coins that even FBG members forgot some of these currently IMPOSSIBLE! stories. )…&quot

I highly doubt that.

use fallenlondon
create view impossible_locked_content as
select s.name, b.name
from storylet s (nolock)
join storylet_branch b (nolock) on b.sb_id = s.sb_id
join branch_requirement br (nolock) on br.b_id = b.b_id
join quality q (nolock) on q.quality_id = br.quality_id
where q.name = ‘Impossible!’

They’re going to have something like this readily available. It may be facetiousness, bu it comes off like assuming incompetence, which could be interpreted as rather rude.
edited by Theus on 9/3/2013[/quote]

[li]
Sorry. I was just wondering that maybe these are low on the to-do-list of FBG. Sunless Sea is huge project, and I remember that during StoryNexus development, someone at FBG confirmed that several requests are delayed due to them being too busy. Also, sorry for underestimating computer wizards, my Data-Fu is very lacking. Please forgive this analougelubber.

By the way, should I actually send 77 Coins? And if I have to, how exactly I send 77 coins? Sending option only allows 30 coins at a time, and neither 60 or 90 is 77. 7 is important, you know…

Oh scrumptious! I’ll take any of these gladly - I haven’t determined my Kickstarter pledge level yet, but it will certainly be enough for the beta. I’d say my favorite might be the Dawn Machine, due to my sympathy for getting some light down below, but I’m also intrigued by Adam’s Way (but where is Eve?) and the Sea of Autumns.

Adam’s Way and Port Carnelian!

I certainly appear to be in the minority, but Salt Lions and the Sea of Autumns intrigue me the most.

[color=#009900]Thanks all for the feedback! This has been so useful I’m going to port it into a KS update.[/color][li]

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]THE EMPIRE OF HANDS where soul-stealing monkey-kings rule[/color][li][color=#009900]THE SEA OF LILIES where toad-oracles roam the fungus pads[/color]
[color=#009900]THE SALT LIONS where sphinxes wait[/color]
[color=#009900]THE CHELONATE where the turtle-slayers founded their home[/color]
[color=#009900]THE NEW KHANATE with its dreaming-khan and its war trimaran[/color]
[color=#009900]THE SEA OF AUTUMNS where the mists watch[/color]
[color=#009900]THE PORT OF WHITHER, gateway to the Pale Wastes and the North[/color]
[color=#009900]ADAM’S WAY, the river that flows through the Presbyterate’s heart[/color]
[color=#009900]PORT CARNELIAN, first among London’s colonies[/color]
[color=#009900]MOUNT PALMERSTON where the Burnt City awaits its plunderers[/color]
[color=#009900]GODFALL, where St Stalactite was first recognised[/color]
[color=#1F1F1F]THE DAWN MACHINE, which [this entry removed by order of the Admiralty][/color]
[/li]
[color=#009900]What would you most like to visit? This will help give us a steer - if we get funded - on which destinations might go into the early beta first…[/color][li][/li]
edited by Alexis on 9/2/2013[/quote]

[li]
THE EMPIRE OF HANDS, THE CHELONATE, THE NEW KHANATE, THE SEA OF AUTUMS, THE PORT OF WHITHER, ADAM’S WAY, and of course, THE DAWN MACHINE.

I’m getting shivers of anticipation again, far greater than from Nadir. We will dutifully crack open the darkness and strain the murky tendrils of mystery from the boding Unterzee.

The New Khanate if we can join the Khan in his dreams. Honestly, I feel like the Fallen London universe could do with more dream wandering (I love it but it’s limited in FL itself). Otherwise, The Empire of Hands. Soul-stealing monkey-kings sound too good to resist.[li]