Sunless Sea Early Access Review

Hi! I’m working on a review to go out at the same time as Sunless Sea over on my youtube channel GamingFTL! First off I was wondering if the devs would be ok with this?

Second I was wondering what the forum people think of the game’s progress and how they feel they’ve helped with it up until now?

Thanks!

Edit: The video is out and made :D

edited by JoshFTL on 6/20/2014

I will wait until the devs answer about whether or not they’re okay with it before I give you any feedback, but I am interested.

[color=009900]We’re fine with it as long as it’s after the EA release - thanks for checking! Obviously we’d prefer you to make it abundantly clear that it’s a work in progress and so forth. [/color]

Yup! I always make sure that people know what early access is etc.

Then, when it’s time, I’ll happily answer questions about my participation in the testing.

I had a good 20 seconds of wondering when you’d been acquired by Electronic Arts then, Alexis. :P

Who says Failbetter haven’t acquired EA? maybe they can sort out Origin. haha

I’m going to get the video ready to go out at the same time as the early access release so if anyone has something to add, best to do it in the next day or so. It’s nice to see people talking about trading routes and giving feedback in the forums!

Who says Failbetter haven’t acquired EA? maybe they can sort out Origin. haha

I’m going to get the video ready to go out at the same time as the early access release so if anyone has something to add, best to do it in the next day or so. It’s nice to see people talking about trading routes and giving feedback in the forums![/quote]

[color=#009900]We haven’t been acquired, but since we’re doing the Secret Project for a certain EA subsidiary, it’s caused confusion here too :)[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Josh - the EA release is going to have new islands (notably the Khan’s Heart and Shadow), new content and new combat actions - it also has some interface improvements. So we’d much rather you do a video of that release rather than the current one (which is a closed beta).[/color]

Ok that sounds good, I’ll get the video done on that release and get a video out as soon after that as possible :D

I put out the video, sorry I didn’t add in anything from the forums but let me know what you think!

It would have been better if the gameplay videos you used were of a more recent build, at least for the combat. Otherwise, that’s a good early review.

More recent build? I used the build from steam :(

The Early Access release isn’t coming to Steam until July 1st! The most up-to-date build is the one hosted by Humble Bundle.

[color=#009900]The Steam build that beta backers have was an experiment to check that Steam distribution was actually working. The Humble Bundle one will be more up to date until July 1st, at which point the two will be in sync. This is beca[/color][color=#ff0000] this sentence never contained Valve-NDA’d information move along nothing to see all praise the Gabe[/color]

Damn it! Thanks for letting me know, I’ll put the version in the description.

[color=#009900]Sorry, this is entirely our fault. Thanks anyway for the review! :-)[/color]