Struggling to find a new goal

I’m at the point now where I would like some help from the community to give my gaming purpose again. I’m only 51 points away from the cap on all of my qualities now, and other than grinding the box for goat money, I’m not sure what I should strive for next…

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Uzul

That’s not enough goal for you? All righty then. Do you have all 9 Neathymon, including the eldritch Bifurcated Owl? Are you an Unseen Master Thief? How’re your newspaper qualities, Defender of Truth/Prophet of the Gutter/Cardinal of Conspiracy? Have you worked in the Foreign Office, including their darkest secrets? Visited the Iron Republic and played through every possible outcome?[li]

ETA: Nigel Overstreet has a good list of goals to strive for.
edited by Raymond R Price on 4/11/2014

Cider, perhaps?

No one has done it yet through echoes alone right? I believe the First and Second Hesperidean used Surface money to obtain their drinks. That would be a lofty goal indeed especially since other highly experienced players are going for it as well.[li]

No one has yet! People in the past did the number crunching and believe it will take maybe +2 years to get the Echoes needed to buy it.

No one has done it yet through echoes alone right? I believe the First and Second Hesperidean used Surface money to obtain their drinks. That would be a lofty goal indeed especially since other highly experienced players are going for it as well.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure the number of players going for the Cider offered in the Bazaar is irrelevant. It’s not like they’re going to remove the item from the Bazaar just because someone purchased it, after all.

Ideas for goals that aren’t Cider:

Get EVERY house, including 5 cards lodgings.
Get all PoSI items.
Max your equipment.
Overgoat.
Übergoat.
Master Thief - Uniquely Larcenous(5).
Defender of Truth - The only source of truth, Prophet of the Gutter - An unmatched circulation and Cardinal of Conspiracy - How high does this go?(10 each)
A Zee-Voyager of Note
Max out all your Quirks.
Max out your connections to their highest descriptors.
Things to get: Consonant Violin, Iron Republic Journal, Anarchist’s Sabel & Neddy Jacket, all 7 Ravens, Bifurcated Owl, A Bat with Attitude, Clothes Colony & Unfinished Hat, Recipe for Zzoup, Impossible Theorem, all 6 Irrigo items, all 4 Relicker items and Master’s Blood.
Get a Rubbery Euphonium, Salt Weasel or Haunted Looking Dog.
Seek the Name!
Knife & Candle until you’re Glory/Silent/Irresistible.
get a Cryptobotanical Rosette.
Max out your Connoisseur of Neathy Delights(11.)
Scholar of the Correspondence - Courier’s Footprint(21.)

Fate or non-Fate goals?

Most of those goals don’t require Fate. Just some POSI items, the Übergoat, and the Bifurcated Owl need it.

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]Ideas for goals that aren’t Cider:

[/quote]

What may I ask is a Cryptobotanical Rosette?

[li]

It’s an item you get for winning the Tournament of Lilies. After attending to the Needs of a Singular Plant you can participate in the Tournament, and if you reach the end you’ll obtain a Cryptobotanical Rosette.

Edit: Actually, someone has purchased Hesperidean Cider with echoes alone: [x]
edited by Sara Hysaro on 4/13/2014

[li]
Helen check this out! http://community.failbettergames.com/messages.aspx?TopicID=8078

[quote=Sara Hysaro]It’s an item you get for winning the Tournament of Lilies. After attending to the Needs of a Singular Plant you can participate in the Tournament, and if you reach the end you’ll obtain a Cryptobotanical Rosette.

Edit: Actually, someone has purchased Hesperidean Cider with echoes alone: [x]
edited by Sara Hysaro on 4/13/2014[/quote]

Thank you for the information good sir.

[li]

goals just for bragging rights??? :

-max out dangerous, become a rat catcher, and catch 1 MILLION rats in watchmakers hill!!!

-fund a wedding using only the power of (corpses of) rats!!!

-send a thousand rats to each and every one of your friends and associates!!!

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]Ideas for goals that aren’t Cider:

Get EVERY house, including 5 cards lodgings. (One 5 card, need to plan for the rest, or await Dec again)
Get all PoSI items.
Max your equipment.
Overgoat.
Übergoat.
Master Thief - Uniquely Larcenous(5). (CHECK)
Defender of Truth - The only source of truth, Prophet of the Gutter - An unmatched circulation and Cardinal of Conspiracy - How high does this go?(10 each) (CHECK)
A Zee-Voyager of Note (CHECK)
Max out all your Quirks.
Max out your connections to their highest descriptors.
Things to get: Consonant Violin, Iron Republic Journal (CHECK), Anarchist’s Sabel(CHECK) & Neddy Jacket, all 7 Ravens, Bifurcated Owl (CHECK), A Bat with Attitude (CHECK), Clothes Colony (CHECK)& Unfinished Hat, Recipe for Zzoup, Impossible Theorem, all 6 Irrigo items, all 4 Relicker items and Master’s Blood.
Get a Rubbery Euphonium(CHECK), Salt Weasel or Haunted Looking Dog.
Seek the Name! (AVOIDED)
Knife & Candle until you’re Glory/Silent/Irresistible.
Max out your Connoisseur of Neathy Delights(11.) (CHECK)
Scholar of the Correspondence - Courier’s Footprint(21.) (Only a 10, will need to investigate further)[/quote]

Wow, that’s a great list! Thanks, I’ve gotten a few on there done, and that leaves me a goodly number to go for after the goat.

That’s not enough goal for you? All righty then. Do you have all 9 Neathymon, including the eldritch Bifurcated Owl? Are you an Unseen Master Thief? How’re your newspaper qualities, Defender of Truth/Prophet of the Gutter/Cardinal of Conspiracy? Have you worked in the Foreign Office, including their darkest secrets? Visited the Iron Republic and played through every possible outcome?[li]

ETA: Nigel Overstreet has a good list of goals to strive for.
edited by Raymond R Price on 4/11/2014[/quote]

[/li][li]I have hunted down all the neathymon, I am a Master Thief, I’ve knocked out the newspaper, and been changed by the Iron Republic. Yes, Nigel has dropped a fantastic list, thank you for your suggestions as well![/li]

I’ve been trying to make progress on the lilly tournament, but the game keeps insisting there is no one at the same starting level for me to even begin with. Which is a bit frustrating, but what can one do?

[quote=&quotMany&quot Chin]goals just for bragging rights??? :

-max out dangerous, become a rat catcher, and catch 1 MILLION rats in watchmakers hill!!!

-fund a wedding using only the power of (corpses of) rats!!!

-send a thousand rats to each and every one of your friends and associates!!![/quote]

Doesn’t rat catching kill society connected though?

[quote=uzul][quote=&quotMany&quot Chin]goals just for bragging rights??? :

[/quote]

Doesn’t rat catching kill society connected though?[/quote]
About 10cp per action, yes, although apparently not if you’re a Rat-Catcher by trade. I suppose there’s no shame in catching rats if that’s your job.

Just for shits and grins, I calculated that a stat-capped rat catcher working full time could bag on the order of 54K rats per week. Between that and the 1250 per week they get just for their profession, you could get a million rats in about 18 weeks, maybe more if you take time out to do other grinds.[li]

Last tier items.

Since some of them are card dependent, you can go on the quewst for more than one of them.

• Master’s blood
  • Impossible theorem
  • Fluke-Core (Diary and Nadir!)
  • Breath of the void (Scraps)
  • Veil’s Velvet (scraps)
  • Rumormonger’s Network (scraps)
  • Reported Location of a One-Time Prince of Hell (scraps or sell the location of Nadir)

In the meanwhile, you can also grind collection of curiosities and coruscating souls in order to get your own Ubergoat!