Straightforward text changing from green to white

Not sure if this is a bug, or a change it is only working sometimes for me, but around half of the time when I have a straightforward challenge in front of me, the text is now white instead of green (for reference, I’ve only noticed it when walking around the Forgotten Quarter so far). Anyone else seeing this?[li]

100% odds changes the text to white- 90-99% is still green. That’s what I’ve noticed.

It is white when it is 100%, otherwise it is green :)[li]

EDIT: ninja’d !
edited by serguma on 1/6/2014

Huh, guess I’ve just never noticed it before

Am i going crazy or mousover popup format also changed ?[li]
edited by Antur on 1/6/2014

Both the 100% odds thing and the mouseover format change happened just a couple hours ago after a brief maintenance.

The enhancements to the mouseover text is a great help to those of us finding that more candles are needed to see these days. An excellent change.

The enhancements to the mouseover text is a great help to those of us finding that more candles are needed to see these days. An excellent change.[/quote]

[li]
It also looks very nice.

If you play on ipad, which has been my only method for over a year since my computer died, the new mouseover format makes things very difficult and frustrating!

Oh whoa yeah it looks like a tremendous mash of words everywhere on a mobile device. Hopefully that’ll be fixed soon.

At least half the time we spend playing Fallen London is via iPod Touch; we aren’t experiencing any sort of problems. Well, that’s not true; the journal text that pops up at the corner occasionally has improper line spacing. But that’s been that way since the system was first implemented, for us.

A hastily-added note: we are not saying that there are no problems; we are saying that we are not experiencing them. What that means is that it’s probably something specific to the iPad. Either that or we’re extraordinarily lucky.[li]
edited by Snowskeeper on 1/6/2014

This is actually quite handy. I’ve experienced failing a straightforward challenge before so this little feature is quite nice for those challenges that we can’t afford to lose.

To add to the information aggregate: I am currently accessing Fallen London via an iPad Air (which, whilst I am in the bounds of the Neath, I am content to refer to as my Oblong Aetherscope) and I’m not seeing any untoward text positioning at all. So potentially it is not a general iPad issue, but something more specific?

Layout problems could also be browser-related. Any person experiencing such problems could start troubleshooting by switching browsers. If that does help, consider investigating further (e.g. try deleting cookies, what plugins are in the old browser? are they all supported in the latest version of the browser? has the old browser been updated? etc.) and/or filing a bug report.

[quote=serguma]It is white when it is 100%, otherwise it is green :)[li]

EDIT: ninja’d !
edited by serguma on 1/6/2014[/quote][/li][li]
That’s what I’ve observed. I like the idea, except I’d have done the colors the other way around (white for almost 100% and green for 100%).

[/li]

I like it. Its the (somewhat standard) RPG item color cue system, in reverse! White is common, Green uncommon, Blue rare, Orange very rare, and purple is ultra rare/unique. I appreciate the reversal. Although, you could argue its subtly telling you success in such an option is very rare/common, etc., given your characer’s resources, internal or otherwise.

Actually, it’s not white, but gray (#d7d7d7).

The storylets in FL are the “mobs” and these are the “con” colors.

http://gz.equoria.net/Con_Levels_and_Colors_(LotRO) is a decent example.