Storylets of Enriching Menace

Sometimes you just need to go to jail. Or to the mad house, or the Tomb Colonies. Or for some other reason, you actively want, or an indifferent to, Menaces. What are the most useful storylets which also increase them?

For Suspicion, I like giving public lectures in the Forgotten Quarter. Nightmares come from Seeking out Curios, which is worthwhile when collecting Skulls. Am I missing any good alternatives? And what about Wounds and Scandal?

I know it’s cards, not storylets, but I find Intimacy with devils sends scandal up a lot - the higher level ones don’t but all you need to do is to refuse an invitation to start getting the lower ones again

[quote=Flyte]Sometimes you just need to go to jail. Or to the mad house, or the Tomb Colonies. Or for some other reason, you actively want, or an indifferent to, Menaces. What are the most useful storylets which also increase them?

For Suspicion, I like giving public lectures in the Forgotten Quarter. Nightmares come from Seeking out Curios, which is worthwhile when collecting Skulls. Am I missing any good alternatives? And what about Wounds and Scandal?[/quote]

Petting your Corresponding Ocelot, if you have one, is a reliable Wound source.

Don’t forget the starveling cat! & using Appalling secrets to get Expedition supplies is a good way to get nightmares.

Unless otherwise changed, using Knife and Candle items are still a stylish way to get to the colonies, a state of some confusion and, uhm, death. At least if you’re willing to part with said items. I don’t recall if you can throw yourself into jail, but feeding your blood to a mandrake drives you mad, examining your blood under a lense will kill you, and being, uhm, intimate with a counterfeit head will drive you to the colonies, if I recall correctly.

Before the overhaul of the companions, posing nude for the forger would give you scandal, but I’m not sure about now. I hear laudanum is does wonderful for the suicidal, if you don’t mind being bereft of a few nightmares and echos.