Stormy-Eyed

Quick question - how high have people taken Stormy-Eyed? Has anyone ground it up to, say, 77 or 100, to see if the Sultan of Dreams is lurking in the mind of a long dead god? I tried searching the forums, but didn’t find any mention of getting it to high values.

If you become the first, you can become famous for it, become a long dead storm god!

I haven’t reached this just yet as I’m still a few points off, but I’m told there’s a certain event that occurs when you reach a certain point (which I refuse to spoil for you, because it should be experienced first-hand); which may explain why it does not tend to go much higher than the current averages.

Out of curiosity, RandomWalker, what is your Stormy-Eyed at presently? ^_^

Edit: My apologies - for some reason I thought you weren’t quite as far through as I was, but I expect you’re significantly ahead of me in this regard… (Mybad!)

Super double bonus Edit: Although, if you’re asking the question that would imply that maybe you haven’t reached that point… Suffice it to say, I can see a workaround that would allow it to increase higher up, but there’s generally a reason people tend not to reach Stormy Eyed 25-30ish naturally without manipulating their dreams qualities.
edited by Kittenpox on 8/25/2015

Thanks for the replies guys. I don’t think I’ll find anything interesting at super-high values, but I thought I might as well see how high I can be bothered to go before giving up.

I have been in the location you mention a couple of times, but only with Stormy-Eyed in the low-twenties, which doesn’t prove anything.

I have an alt who’s grinding it at the moment (only just started really), who’s at 34. It’ll take a while to get it really high, and even then his WtTS is only 7, so it’ll take ages to cash in.

At the end of the day, if someone has already done it then I needn’t bother going any higher and I can switch to some other aimless goal.

I wish the &quotWho is the third that walks always beside you?&quot card didn’t lock at a certain level of Having Recurring Dreams: What the Thunder Said.

I’d like to be able to do the Stormy-Eyed storylet again, but I’m locked out of the card unless I tank all my dreams.

Wow - didn’t know that you could be locked out of that card. Still, surely you don’t need to tank all your dreams, just WtTS? Which is cyclic, so there isn’t that much benefit to raising it sky high.

No way to tank it on its own. At least not in a dedicated way.I got up to 26 before Mind of a Long Dead God was a thing. If I’d known it would have locked me out of content, I certainly wouldn’t have done that.
I’ve probably got to lose over 100cp of the dream quality before the card will appear again. That’s over 20 trips to the royal Beth to get it where I need it, and that will tank the rest of my dreams, too.

I’ve got a bunch of stuff to do before then, but it’s on the list. I just don’t see why the card locks at all.

Ouch. Locking that card out makes no sense thematically or ludically that I can see.

You could grind it down by way of Dr Schlomo and that one option during Christmas, but that would be hideously slow and expensive.

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]No way to tank it on its own. At least not in a dedicated way.I got up to 26 before Mind of a Long Dead God was a thing. If I’d known it would have locked me out of content, I certainly wouldn’t have done that.
I’ve probably got to lose over 100cp of the dream quality before the card will appear again. That’s over 20 trips to the royal Beth to get it where I need it, and that will tank the rest of my dreams, too.

I’ve got a bunch of stuff to do before then, but it’s on the list. I just don’t see why the card locks at all.[/quote]
Nigel, that feels like a bug, big time. I’d report that.

For the record, I got my main to 40 Stormy Eyed while inside the Mind. No new options, no new cards, no news options inside the cards. He wasn’t a glassman when he tried (oops), so if I come back I might give that a go, someday.

Is the Mind of a Long Dead God a one time deal? Or can players revisit it on a regular basis provided they have the level? Does leaving it reduce much or your dream qualities?

You can definitely revisit the place, but leaving requires you to eliminate your Stormy-Eyed quality, and getting that quality back requires you to reset your What the Thunder Said dreams to the very beginning.

I reported it a couple of years ago.

I reported it a couple of years ago.[/quote]
I. What. And they didn’t fix it? Oh. Okay. Okay then. That’s weird.

Hooray!
It looks like the stat lock on &quotWho is the third that walks always beside you?&quot has been removed! I just drew the card and am Stormy-Eyed once again.
This is why I love this game and the people who make it so very much.

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]Hooray!
It looks like the stat lock on &quotWho is the third that walks always beside you?&quot has been removed! I just drew the card and am Stormy-Eyed once again.
This is why I love this game and the people who make it so very much.[/quote]
WOO. Congrats!