Stopped playing about a year ago

So I stopped playing about a year ago. I have an overgoat and believe I was working toward an ubergoat, but I basically don’t remember what I was doing. I can’t remember what I was doing to make money efficiently and I plot-wise, I only have vague memories. I’m wandering about again, but would appreciate and update on what new content has become available in the last year and what people are generally doing if at the end of content.

Seeking has come back!

Recently back from a half-year hiatus, so I was in a similiar position. So far I’ve discovered this much:

As it was joyfully mentioned, seeking has returned - that is an option to destroy your funds, stats, items and etc in humongous amounts for some vague chance to learn semi-dead spacebat’s name. And it seems it was reworked somehow.
Several &quotConnected:&quot qualities have been reworked into favours & renown, several small portions of content added\reworked.
K&C activities ceased for now.
Not completely sure when Port Carnelian was introduced, so I’ll add it to the list as well.
Also check your ambition - it may have gotten an update (unlikely though).
And, of course, a fair amount of exceptional stories was added.
There also was some Mayor election event that I completely missed…

The echomaking options are pretty much the same: affair of the box, fidgeting writer, expeditions (they’ve become more profitable, but getting supplies got complicated with favours being harder to obtain than connections), port carnelian (if you’re willing to stay there long enough).
edited by Talkes on 9/4/2016

[quote=Talkes]
Several &quotConnected:&quot qualities have been reworked into favours & renown, several small portions of content added\reworked.

Not completely sure when Port Carnelian was introduced, so I’ll add it to the list as well.

edited by Talkes on 9/4/2016[/quote]

I believe this had at least started before I left, or maybe it was just talk. I did do a bunch of Port Carnelian and helped a bit contributing data there. Pretty sure that was the last new thing that wasn’t an exceptional story that happened before I left.

[quote=Brad O’Connell][quote=Talkes]

I believe this had at least started before I left, or maybe it was just talk. I did do a bunch of Port Carnelian and helped a bit contributing data there. Pretty sure that was the last new thing that wasn’t an exceptional story that happened before I left.[/quote]
Well, if port carnelian was out, IIRC, then criminal favors were converted, but the rest weren’t. Docks favors are best used on expeditions, if you can consistently manage the 2-progress-per-supply action, and more-so at 3-progress-per-supply, though the conflict with the widow isn’t terrible either. Tomb colonist favors have made the card-based cash-in of grinding collections of curiosities about twice as slow for now, since they require a favor. All the rubbery men cards have been consolidated into a single faction card, and favors added to it. Unlike the other renown flavors, this one includes the best persuasive weapon in the game- if you hit renown 40 with flute-street access, you can get it for seven favors- and otherwise is best cashed in on a conflict cards.

as a side effect of the conversion, any conflict cards involving favors are half-standard and only appear when you have the required connections and 5+ favors. notably, favoring the tomb-colonist on tomb-colonists vs. society gives 25.6 echoes and a low-range bundle of oddities for 500 cp society, a much better deal. if you have a decent society stockpile you aren’t using, this is probably one of the best ways to get rid of it.

I don’t think money making has changed much in the last year but in case it helps the list of grinds on the wiki is a good refresher.

As was previously stated, the biggest change is obviously that Seeking has returned (and Alexis departed, alive, probably).

The other interesting thing was the Mayoral Election that happened during the Summer. Sinning Jenny won so in addition to an opportunity card that’s been added to the deck it appears we can expect to see her popping up during the other festivals.

[quote=Grenem][quote=Brad O’Connell][quote=Talkes]

I believe this had at least started before I left, or maybe it was just talk. I did do a bunch of Port Carnelian and helped a bit contributing data there. Pretty sure that was the last new thing that wasn’t an exceptional story that happened before I left.[/quote]
Well, if port carnelian was out, IIRC, then criminal favors were converted, but the rest weren’t. Docks favors are best used on expeditions, if you can consistently manage the 2-progress-per-supply action, and more-so at 3-progress-per-supply, though the conflict with the widow isn’t terrible either. Tomb colonist favors have made the card-based cash-in of grinding collections of curiosities about twice as slow for now, since they require a favor. All the rubbery men cards have been consolidated into a single faction card, and favors added to it. Unlike the other renown flavors, this one includes the best persuasive weapon in the game- if you hit renown 40 with flute-street access, you can get it for seven favors- and otherwise is best cashed in on a conflict cards.

as a side effect of the conversion, any conflict cards involving favors are half-standard and only appear when you have the required connections and 5+ favors. notably, favoring the tomb-colonist on tomb-colonists vs. society gives 25.6 echoes and a low-range bundle of oddities for 500 cp society, a much better deal. if you have a decent society stockpile you aren’t using, this is probably one of the best ways to get rid of it.[/quote]

I picked up a +7 persuasive rubbery companion almost immediately. How does one grind rubbery, I only have 27.

Connected: Rubbery, like Connected: Criminals, has been split into two qualities: Renown and Favours. You collect Favours from Opportunity cards, they max out at 7. Get Pulsating Amber (1 of it will do) to turn in your Favours for more Renown. Then you can go collecting Favours again. Certain levels of Renown make you eligible for storylets (one is at the University) that give “companions” or artifacts with interesting attributes.

Since the Alexit, he’s been pretending to not be a Hatkitty, so … inconclusive?