Steel, Stone and Spiders

that’s an excellent idea.

color-blindness is fairly common and many games are very color-dependent, especially with respect to their reds and greens - the very colors most sensitive to CB.

but what would you recommend for when you trip that &quotCB&quot option in the menu? if different colors, which work best? or do you keep the red and green, but put a stronger emphasis on the shading?[li]

Rather than color-specific arcs/triangles it could honestly just be a sort of &quotsonar&quot effect, where it’s a very dim pulsing. Not so much like a wave of light going out from the ship, just that the arc would sort of fade and return slightly, and if you animated it in a pulsing sequential manner you could have the main light be slightly offset from the side lights/arcs/triangles/whatever and be able to differentiate fairly easily, and not have a constant arc on screen at all times. Also, it could just be white, and that would help a bit for people with color sensitivity concerns.

Honestly, I don’t think that’s the best option, but really all I’m getting at is that there’s numerous options for the visual representation of the combat light arcs.

Shading or other non-color indicators is best, there are more forms of colorblindness than just red/green and you cover all forms, as well as problems like old crappy monitors that don’t contrast colors well enough.

Although my question would be if the forward arc basically corresponds to your light arc, could you just use that as an aim indicator for the forward guns?

[quote=WormApotheote]Shading or other non-color indicators is best, there are more forms of colorblindness than just red/green and you cover all forms, as well as problems like old crappy monitors that don’t contrast colors well enough.

Although my question would be if the forward arc basically corresponds to your light arc, could you just use that as an aim indicator for the forward guns?[/quote]

Don’t forget that sometimes people may be sneaking up with their light off to avoid detection.