Stats of uncertain usefulness

Unaccountably Peckish. Is it something to avoid or to increase? I am aware that historically it was a key stat for pursuing a lore-rich but stat-damaging story-line that has since been deprecated. Given that it has been deprecated, does UP still play a role in the game? Is it a menace to avoid or a stat that stories key off? I’ve just become a PoSLI and got my first CP of UP at one of the Feast events, so it’s not a very common trait, clearly… But now there is &quotyou can’t Sleep for Hunger&quot storylet everywhere and I am not sure what I should do.

While, I am on the subject of stats of ambiguous usefulness - Touched by Fingerworks. The other three Mysteries stats are leading me along storylines that keep developing. But TbF gave me a shortish story about Mirrors and Clay which now pops up every now and then to give me a Second Chance. But nothing anymore seems to trigger off TbF. Has it exhausted its usefulness or are there other stories later on where it becomes relevant again?
edited by genesis on 2/21/2015
edited by genesis on 2/21/2015

UP lets you listen to a well and gain appalling secrets, while otherwise you don’t. however, listening to the well is a bad idea (but not as bad as seeking the name) either way- so it’s not particularly useful. I am not aware of any other uses, but i haven’t checked the wiki, which may be a good idea to do before you decide.

Unaccountably Peckish 2 unlocks a very cool (though somewhat dangerous) option in the Shuttered Palace, under &quotAn evening at the Duchess’ salon&quot. I recommend checking it out, but… make sure your menaces aren’t excessively high first.

Also, hang on, the Mirrors and Clay card gives you a second chance now? If so, that’s awesome, but I recall it being either 5 romantic notions or 1 memory of distant shores (remarkably lower than the other Mysteries cards).

EDIT: Just drew and played the card. Nope, it’s the same rewards as before. :( But maybe I misunderstood what you were referring to.
edited by thedeadlymoose on 2/21/2015

Ah, no. You are right, it was romantic notions. I must have misremembered.

[quote=thedeadlymoose]Unaccountably Peckish 2 unlocks a very cool (though somewhat dangerous) option in the Shuttered Palace, under &quotAn evening at the Duchess’ salon&quot. I recommend checking it out, but… make sure your menaces aren’t excessively high first.
[/quote]

LIke most things related to… a certain person it is of questionable mechanical usefulness.

Which is to say, do it if you want the lore

[quote=WormApotheote]
LIke most things related to… a certain person it is of questionable mechanical usefulness.

Which is to say, do it if you want the lore[/quote]

Just to clarify, by &quotusefulness&quot I also mean lore, not just mechanical usefulness. But I was under the impression that the SMEN (as I think it’s been referred to elsewhere; I haven’t actually consciously played any of it) storyline was retired. But are you saying, it hasn’t been retired entirely and there is still some lore to be gained by accumulating UP?

[quote=genesis][quote=WormApotheote]

Which is to say, do it if you want the lore[/quote]

Just to clarify, by &quotusefulness&quot I also mean lore, not just mechanical usefulness. But I was under the impression that the SMEN (as I think it’s been referred to elsewhere; I haven’t actually consciously played any of it) storyline was retired. But are you saying, it hasn’t been retired entirely and there is still some lore to be gained by accumulating UP?[/quote]

The SMEN storyline is unavailable at the moment but there’s still stuff like the duchess’s salon and the voice from the well that gives lore in exchange for very disproportionate menace gains. (Albeit nowhere NEAR as bad as SMEN)