Stat grinding, road to 200

So the bar has been raised to the max. 200 is achievable. Not only that its already a requirement. Once again my nemesis notoriety rears its ugly head. I happen to have the proper level now. it will soon wain. So I need the quickest way to raise shadowy. I assume this would be getting help for notes then spending those for points? Please correct me if I’m wrong. [li]

If you have a stockpile of the appropriate second chance items, spend them on stats. Good luck.

What are the best ways to get each second chance item? I know I used to get tons of Smiles and Insights without even trying, but now I’m low on everything.

For straight grinding, the Lodgings social actions. Obviously you’ll hit the cap, but you can get around that by spending them as you get them. If you’re in the latter part of the University storyline, I recall there being a way to get Insights there, but that may have changed.

Otherwise, I mostly use cards: the big ones are the Great Game/Church conflict (Everyone deserves a second chance) and Lofty Words (I myself am my only true friend), which give you one of each.

Smiles come from rather decadent evenings with the Bohemians, showing off your plant project to friends, feeding your lizard, and the occasional weasel tournament. Or dinners, suppers and coffee with other players. Sudden Insights can be had from beckoning Rubbery Men. Used to be two, but that may have changed, since last time I received only one together with 3 x Warm Amber.

Memories of your mysterious benefactor also gives you a second chance tied to your initial choice of item.

Um, not sure how much can be said about fate-locked options in these forums, but if you go dining in the house of chimes and decide on some sport, you can get some. Pretty sure it’s not the most efficient way of doing things, but it’s an option…

Also, if you have unused Trade Secrets, remember that those can be used to raise stats. [li]

[quote=Aspeon]For straight grinding, the Lodgings social actions. Obviously you’ll hit the cap, but you can get around that by spending them as you get them. If you’re in the latter part of the University storyline, I recall there being a way to get Insights there, but that may have changed.
[/quote]

As of about a week and a half ago (ish, after the changes to second chances, anyway), this is still true. Harass the porters for some insights.