Starting Over

After a long hiatus, I’ve come back to Fallen London, but I’ve decided that i want to start over with a fresh character. However, the Deactivate account option sounds rather decisive, and I don’t know if i will be able to keep my metaqualities (A Whisper-Locked Puzzle Box and a Soothe and Copper Long-Box). What would be the best way for me to start a new character, if any?

You could sign up with another email, but keep Sunless Sea linked up to your extant account, perhaps?

Also, I read from somewhere on the forums that there is a way to use the ‘same’ email to sign up. You just have to add +____ to the back of your email. So hotpants123@gmail.com could use hotpants123+hot@gmail.com or hotpants123+31232@gmail.com or whatever you want. I’ve tried this and it works! I don’t think the metaqualities will carry over with this method, still, but this will make it easier for you to consolidate all your email notifications from FL, and also if you only have one email address then this will be hassle-free since you won’t have to sign up for another.

That seems to have worked. Thanks a bunch.

I’m fairly certain that it’s still possible to get the Whisper-Locked Puzzle Box quality through the same storylet as before. The Long-Box is presumably also still available in the Wicket come January.

I still haven’t figured out how to tie my FL life (signed-in via Twitter) and my Sunless Sea account (which used an email)…

It would be nice to tie them together

If you go to your account page and link an email you can then use them together.

[quote=John Savage]I still haven’t figured out how to tie my FL life (signed-in via Twitter) and my Sunless Sea account (which used an email)…

It would be nice to tie them together[/quote]

I have that same problem. I have an account on my email, but I don’t want that one to be linked to my Sunless Sea and there doesn’t seem to be an option to link my Twitter account.

[quote=amaresu][quote=John Savage]I still haven’t figured out how to tie my FL life (signed-in via Twitter) and my Sunless Sea account (which used an email)…

I have that same problem. I have an account on my email, but I don’t want that one to be linked to my Sunless Sea and there doesn’t seem to be an option to link my Twitter account.[/quote]

Go to StoryNexus : World not Found on the account with your email address, delete that account, then log in to your Twitter account, go to the same page, and add the email to that account. Sunless Sea can only link up to accounts that have an associated email address, I believe.
edited by Jeremy Avalon on 12/16/2015

[quote=Jeremy Avalon][quote=amaresu][quote=John Savage]I still haven’t figured out how to tie my FL life (signed-in via Twitter) and my Sunless Sea account (which used an email)…

I have that same problem. I have an account on my email, but I don’t want that one to be linked to my Sunless Sea and there doesn’t seem to be an option to link my Twitter account.[/quote]

Go to StoryNexus : World not Found on the account with your email address, delete that account, then log in to your Twitter account, go to the same page, and add the email to that account. Sunless Sea can only link up to accounts that have an associated email address, I believe.
edited by Jeremy Avalon on 12/16/2015[/quote]

So, in short, there is no way to link my primary Fallen London account to Sunless Sea as I have no desire to delete the account connected to the email.

Perhaps in the future.

[quote=Jeremy Avalon][quote=amaresu][quote=John Savage]I still haven’t figured out how to tie my FL life (signed-in via Twitter) and my Sunless Sea account (which used an email)…

edited by Jeremy Avalon on 12/16/2015[/quote]

i believe that worked… thanks!