Sprifing or saving? And the Regretful Soilder.

Okay, so long story.

The first time I got A Trade In Souls, I went sprifer. I wanted a good option at the time for money, and had no issue with selling and getting souls. Then I came across The Regretful Soilder’s Tale. I could not bring myself to steal his soul, and so I paid fate to switch to the other side of the coin and play good guy. I reunited the Regretful Soilder and his wife, and all was well.

However, recently I ended up selling my soul, and was thinking about getting into the Sprifing business again. But the Regretful Soilder is a issue for more then one reason now.

You see, I picked him as the deputy of my Expedition for Flint. And I’m worried about a few things:

If I were to go back, steal his soul, I expect I would lose his Aqquaintence. And this might lock me out of Flint now for one thing. And other is I don’t want to lose him as a Aqquaintence
Another thing is a part of me does not want to betray him again. But another part is like &quotIt’s just one guy&quot and the two are warring.
A thid is I’m worried Flint will have content regarding the Soilder depending on which one of the three options (Steal his Soul, reunite, or neither) you do.

So I’ve ranted long enough. Thoughts on everything?

Oh, I took his soul, but we still have an ongoing friendly relationship. I don’t think I lost the acquaintance at the time.

Which makes sense since, if I recall correctly, you convince him that having a soul is a burden, so he kinda lets you take his soul.

[quote=Lemexis]Oh, I took his soul, but we still have an ongoing friendly relationship. I don’t think I lost the acquaintance at the time.

Which makes sense since, if I recall correctly, you convince him that having a soul is a burden, so he kinda lets you take his soul.[/quote]

Well that’s good news. Now if only I knew why Devils WANT the damm things I could make a decision on it. I mean if they want them for a good reason I’m more they happy to supply some souls, including his… XD

If you happen to be a Spirifer and take his soul [spoiler](so that both he and his wife are soulless) then yes, you’ll still have him as an acquaintance. It’s not like a certain other Fate-locked story extension involving a different NPC acquaintance. :-)

That particular story, with the Regretful Soldier and his wife, was the one time I regretted being a Spirifer rather than a Shepherd… What happens isn’t truly horrible, but they do miss out on the happy ending I felt they deserved. :-/

(On the other hand, I know when you find a fictional story’s got you mopey even days afterwards, you know it’s a well-written piece. Your mileage may vary, but I found the end result rather moving. Kudos to FBG on that one. ^_^ ) [/spoiler]
edited by Kittenpox on 11/6/2015

I went with saving because it is a much nicer thing to do and does good for two people. That and both me and my character are not a fan of the devils and want to help return souls, even more so when knowing where souls end up in hell.

That and I am close to a certain priest with a plan of sorts.

[quote=the truthseeker][quote=Dante Kinkade]I went with saving because it is a much nicer thing to do and does good for two people. That and both me and my character are not a fan of the devils and want to help return souls, even more so when knowing where souls end up in Hell.

That and I am close to a certain priest with a plan of sorts.[/quote]

Actually, the souls don’t end up in Hell, just the bodies of those idiotic to attack Hell. Release is as expected as any captured prisoner, and the more important/ransomable, the better the chance of release.

The Souls once acquired by devils, end up discarded somewhere in a jar, often stockpiled in hordes in forgotten warehouses. it seems that the devils have an uncontrollable compulsion-like a bee does to pollinate flowers-to collect souls, but that interest ends once it is collected a short while.

That is good to know, and still pretty bad, I knew souls got stockpiled, but wasn’t 100% sure why, and not sure if it was just to keep or sooner or latter get sent to hell. Also speaking of invading hell, I really need to get prepared for that day, because failing would result in one boat trip I would not enjoy taking.

Speaking off bee’s and honey… after running into how red honey is made, that subject always makes me abit squeamish.