Spirit of Hallowmas '93: 1000+

You get to see me really, really impressed!
It’s such a remarkable accomplishment for your first Hallowmas, you might want to think about tips and advice to give folks for next year.

There should be. That is really impressive!
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 11/7/2015

LawrenceKeyworth has reached 1000! It’s up on the mantle now.
This was * not* my first Hallowmas, but I only confessed two people last year, so I’m quite pleased with this! All down to the amazing work nitebrite and others put into this.
edited by LawrenceKeyworth on 11/7/2015

[quote=LawrenceKeyworth]LawrenceKeyworth has reached 1000! It’s up on the mantle now.
This was * not* my first Hallowmas, but I only confessed two people last year, so I’m quite pleased with this! All down to the amazing work nitebrite and others put into this.
edited by LawrenceKeyworth on 11/7/2015[/quote]

Congratulations! I noticed, however, that you have not one but TWO Elements of Dawn. How did you manage that?

Can I just say I am extremely impressed that people were able to get 1000 SoH on their first (or for all practical purposes first) Hallowmas. That’s pushing the limits of possibility and I love it. It even puts you in a position where 2000 SoH wouldn’t be out of the question next year, a feat I doubt even I could replicate it’s so far out there. So good work, your efforts are exemplary.
edited by NiteBrite on 11/7/2015

[quote=Catherine Raymond][quote=LawrenceKeyworth]LawrenceKeyworth has reached 1000! It’s up on the mantle now.
edited by LawrenceKeyworth on 11/7/2015[/quote]

Congratulations! I noticed, however, that you have not one but TWO Elements of Dawn. How did you manage that?[/quote]

I got very lucky with the charity bundles during the migrant fundraiser! They were initially a rarer success from that.

I can almost get 1500 SoH. If all of my remaining confessions come in I’ll be at 1490. Here’s to hoping there is a 1500 spirit of hallowmas reward level just so I can shake a fist a Huffam for denying me when I was so close haha.
edited by NiteBrite on 11/7/2015

You get to see me really, really impressed!
It’s such a remarkable accomplishment for your first Hallowmas, you might want to think about tips and advice to give folks for next year.[/quote]

There isn’t really much to say - I was just lucky enough to have breaks in my work so I could access my FL account and burn actions. And having access to such a large list of potential people. :P

Spirit of Hallowmas: 1016. I have seven confessions I haven’t dealt with yet and a dozen or so that weren’t accepted yet, so I won’t get much more than that. It was a pretty close call, and that was with 40 confessions from last year; kudos to anyone who managed it on their first Hallowmas.

Well, I have enough outstanding unaccepted or rejected invites that I definitely don’t think I’ll be making it to 1000, so I decided to bury a bunch for Scraps and exhaust my confessions exactly at this point:

JUST in case, you know… if something sevenishly sinister gets unlocked at exactly at 777 – I’ve got it covered, everybody.

Haha nice metasynthie. That’s what I did last year, for the same reason. It’s a very respectable goal, and I for one approve of all things seven.

It’s probably the only way to unlock SMEN… or should be, really.

I’m around 1026 at the moment. Thanks to everyone who set the Hallowmas exchange up, and thank you haemoheretic for being the confession that sent me over my goal!

It’s probably the only way to unlock SMEN… or should be, really.[/quote]
Hmmm…
What if 777 players got to exactly 777 Spirit of Hallowmas? Would that be enough to resurrect SMEN content? Let’s find out!

[b]First Hallowmas!

[/b]Spirit of Hallowmas: 1061

Confessed to: 271 (267 + 4)
Rewarded by: 267
Betrayed by: 4
Cool betrayal gloating received: 0 (I only got a weak message about wanting to suck up to Masters)
Failed confessions: 1 (Still in a wrong place)

Notable secrets consigned: 6
Important secrets consigned: 191
Unimportant secret consigned: 1

Fate spent: 103
Bottles of salt consumed: 145
Counterfeit heads kissed: 7

Riddle received during Hallowmas: 1
Very cool new people met: 1 (Orbs the size of carbuncles!)
Last person consigned: Niryl
Lame jokes cracked during consigning: 5 (gave up very early)
edited by Estelle Knoht on 11/9/2015

I finally reached my goal of 1000 spirit (even though my initial goal was 500, first time and no experience). Thanks to Nitebrite (for organizing the list), and the community as a whole! And i really like how Estelle presented the information. :)

First Hallowmas as well

Spirit of Hallowmas: 1018
Fate spent: 0

Confessed to: 190
Got confessions: 205

Secrets consigned: 197
Secrets betrayed i[/i]: 4
Unimportant secrets buried: 4

Bottles of salt consumed: 0
Counterfeit heads kissed: 0

My first real Hallowmas! (I think I sent one confession last year…) http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Julia~C

I am pretty happy since I was aiming for 500. Thanks for making this such a fun and successful holiday, everyone!

[quote=Estelle Knoht]
Unimportant secret consigned: 1[/quote]

How flattering >_>

[quote=metasynthie]Well, I have enough outstanding unaccepted or rejected invites that I definitely don’t think I’ll be making it to 1000, so I decided to bury a bunch for Scraps and exhaust my confessions exactly at this point:

JUST in case, you know… if something sevenishly sinister gets unlocked at exactly at 777 – I’ve got it covered, everybody.[/quote]
I wanted to Like your post but it already had 7 thumbs-up, and I couldn’t in good conscience break that. :-p

Same, and the follow up Huffam response is really awesome too. Read the post carefully to the end for the truth. :)

Looking at how people reported that there was no higher reward past 500 this year, this was an amazing accomplishment regardless. There could always be next year, but this year was more than just numbers, it seems players generally voiced this was the year that really made Hallowmas a great social event, with Nitebrite’s confession thread contributing especially to my own involvement. I personally couldn’t have achieved my own 500 spirit goal without it and even went a bit beyond it ending at 663 Spirit. I might go for 1000 next year, but time will tell. Great job 1k Spiriters! With devouring factoring in, perhaps 2k will be within reach next year. :)