Spending fate

Hello!
I would like to know, what should I spend fate on? What gives me more game content of all options?

[quote=Ambrose66]Hello!
I would like to know, what should I spend fate on? What gives me more game content of all options?[/quote]
I’d like to know your levels first.
Some good options are:
The Soul Trade- because it unlocks content over the whole game
Flute Street - It’s a location, and it’s awesome - If you’re into rubbery people, this one could be THE best.
Empyrean Redolence - Because it allows access to several awesome pets, and the story behind the Bishop’s plans. - Assuming you have access to the Rubbery Hound.
I have also heard the House of Chimes is pretty good, but I personally haven’t been there yet.

Mysteries framed in gold is also an enigma.
edited by Aximillio on 11/17/2012
edited by Aximillio on 11/17/2012

[color=330099]Popping this one in the Bazaar.[/color]

[quote=Aximillio]Empyrean Redolence - Because it allows access to several awesome pets, and the story behind the Bishop’s plans. - Assuming you have access to the Rubbery Hound.
[/quote]

I don’t think you need the Rubbery Hound to learn of the story behind the Bishop’s plans. It just turns into a nice pet. ^^

This is a good place to look through.

[quote=Sara Hysaro][quote=Aximillio]Empyrean Redolence - Because it allows access to several awesome pets, and the story behind the Bishop’s plans. - Assuming you have access to the Rubbery Hound.
[/quote]

I don’t think you need the Rubbery Hound to learn of the story behind the Bishop’s plans. It just turns into a nice pet. ^^

This is a good place to look through.[/quote]

But since the pets are one of the reasons you’ll want that storyline (It also opens up the owl, I believe), I would still encourage it.

Of the primary three options: Soul Trade. Without question.

Rubbery Murders and Long-lost Daughter are fun to read through, but honestly not really worth the price, to my mind. I’m a completist, but I know others aren’t. I’d save up Fate for things like the Foreign Office and the Monster-Breeding storylines as well.

The soul trade is pretty much the only option on the “fate” that is truly worth it from a gameplay perspective. The other ones are bits of story that are worth the entry fee, but don’t expect them to offer any long-lasting in-game benefits.

For the content outside of the fate page, things get a bit more tricky. Some cards offer you ways to pay fate to instantly succeed at tricky tasks. These are not generally worth it, as fate is often better spent on more permanent things, but at the same time these options CAN offer more lore, extra loot, and are very cheap. As far as unlocking storylines with fate, they are all very much worth it (Especially empyrean redolence and flute street, as others have said), although there is one storyline that can bite you in the ass: The continuation of the velocipede squad, while VERY interesting, can cause you to lose access to the velocipede squad, which is a decent source of money. There ARE better options out there however, so it’s not a total loss.

Assuming you have a stable income and can afford to pay fate every now and then, I’d say the only fate options not worth it are refreshing actions/deck, using the fate-locked options on the connection boosting items (Rarely do you need over 20 connected on a connection that’s not easier to increase by other means), and continually paying the house of chimes (It is worth entering just once for the storylines there IMO, but there is not much reason to stay).

Assuming you do not have a regular income, I’d say just go with the big three that have been mentioned so far.

Hmm, I never found the House of Chimes all that interesting; I rarely visited it while Exceptional. That said, the two candles that Exceptional Friendship entitles you to were very useful, and worth the price in my opinion. Perhaps I just wasn’t high enough in stats last time, it might be time for a re-visit!

One needs to go through Flute Street and acquire the Hound in order to get the Owl? Bother. I was planning to do Theological Husbandry fairly soon, but if I would need both for the owl I’d rather hold off for now.

P.S. Have the Super Reward offers ran dry for anyone else? They’re completely barren, and they’ve been that way for a while now on my end.

One needs to go through Flute Street and acquire the Hound in order to get the Owl? Bother. I was planning to do Theological Husbandry fairly soon, but if I would need both for the owl I’d rather hold off for now.

P.S. Have the Super Reward offers ran dry for anyone else? They’re completely barren, and they’ve been that way for a while now on my end.[/quote]

I believe so. You need the[color=#003333] Ocular Toadbeast[/color] for the Owl. You still get access to the Bishop’s plans without it, however. I personally have enjoyed both of them, though (So far, still trying to get a few seals…)

I, too, have bought the Empyrean Redolence bit and enjoyed breeding new pets. However, where do I go to get access to the Bishop’s plans?

Get a horse and then wait for a card if I remember right

Spacemarine is correct.

When do I get the Empyrean Redolence or flute street opportunity to pay nex for these stories? I’m 60+ in three stats 71 in another, and still nothing.

If I’m remembering correctly, both are bronze-bordered cards. Flute Street’s card shows up after you’ve solved a case for a Solitary Glim Sculptor, and I believe that won’t open up until you’ve finished at the University.

As for the Redolence, I can’t be certain, but I think that shows up after you’ve started breeding normal beasts for the Bishop. A Master shows up at your doorstep, offering various things including the fate-locked Redolence. You also need to be a Scholar of the Correspondence, but that shouldn’t be a problem at that level.

thank you! How do I become a schollar of corespondence?

[quote=Aximillio][quote=Sara Hysaro][quote=Aximillio]Empyrean Redolence - Because it allows access to several awesome pets, and the story behind the Bishop’s plans. - Assuming you have access to the Rubbery Hound.
[/quote]

This is a good place to look through.[/quote]

But since the pets are one of the reasons you’ll want that storyline (It also opens up the owl, I believe), I would still encourage it.[/quote]

I’ve been wondering about all this too.

To review, one should go to Flute Street first to acquire the rubbery hound before furthering the Bishop’s breeding program in order to get the fullest benefits, correct? Are there any other fate-based pets one should also unlock before starting Empyrean Redolence?

It doesn’t matter if you go to flute street before or after getting the Redolence, just that you do go there at some point. The other three pets needed in breeding don’t require fate

A Scholar of the Correspondence starts in the Forgotten quarter, you really can’t miss it. This is high-end content, though. You won’t get access to the 4th coil before starting (and likely completing) PoSI.

You should get around 120-ish in the stats first - Don’t stress it though, there’s plenty of time and the content won’t go anywhere.
edited by Aximillio on 1/3/2013

And before the 120 there’s just grinding. Great. Really, this game starts great and between 40 and 70 there’s a lot of grinding and doing the same stuff over and over again.