Someone Is Coming More Quickly

Has anyone else noticed an increase in the frequency of this card? It used to take weeks to appear, but now I seem to be drawing it almost daily. My SIC quality had built up to almost 30 at one point, and now it’s finally down below 6 for the first time in… well, ever. I’m curious if I’m just very fortunate, or if it has been tweaked.

I’ve been getting it much less often in the last few weeks, actually. Yesterday I got it for the first time in at least a week.

I just pulled the card. It has a different name (“A Gift from the Capering Relicker” instead of “Someone is Coming”), and the requirement to play it is 4 instead of 6.

Ah, you’re right… I hadn’t even noticed that the title had changed. All the rewards seem to be the same, though.

Yep, they’re the same rewards available for less action investment. So the card just became a little more valuable. :)

Haven’t noticed anything, sadly - my someone is coming’s currently at 34

I’ve been getting it much less often in the last few weeks, actually. Yesterday I got it for the first time in at least a week.[/quote]

That’s because he’s been drawing all of our “someone is coming” cards. :)

Are you sure that’s the requirement to play, rather than to draw a card? It’s been requiring only level 4 to draw for a while (at least since I started playing a few months ago), but the last time I checked, it still took 21 points, and didn’t let you play it unless you have enough. (Although now I am in the “someone is coming over 20, and no sign of the card” group.)
edited by Zeviz on 12/8/2012

Are you sure that’s the requirement to play, rather than to draw a card? It’s been requiring only level 4 to draw for a while (at least since I started playing a few months ago), but the last time I checked, it still took 21 points, and didn’t let you play it unless you have enough. (Although now I am in the “someone is coming over 20, and no sign of the card” group.)
edited by Zeviz on 12/8/2012[/quote]

Positive. I only had four, yet I could play it. My alt has four also, so I’ll double check when he draws it.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 12/8/2012

It’s definitely 4 to play it - got it in my hand right now. I wonder if the change of name indicates that there might be other cards using the Someone Is Coming quality in the pipeline?

That would be awesome, and somehow it’d make sense with the ongoing optimization of cards (learn with: cards for one) Perhaps I’ll finally have something to spend my someone’s coming 34 on?

Something interesting about this: This just about doubles the income (as it now takes 10 actions to unlock actions instead of 21), for a total of 11 actions taken for your reward. Using the PoSI option, you get ~109 PPA… on top of whatever else you got using those cards in the first place. Hooray!

Assuming you get the cards in the first place. Otherwise your ‘Someone is Coming’-quality will slowly increase till you don’t have a chance of getting rid of it all.

You can have mine - I always got the cards long before my quality hit 6, and am still getting several a day.

That’s several a day more than me…

I could be mistaken, but I think that even though it unlocks at 10CP of SIC, it still will consume up to 21CP. I drew the card again today with a SIC of 5, and after choosing the PoSI option, I had lost the quality entirely. So, if one were to grind SIC specifically for this reward, it would probably be best to just raise it to 4 and then wait for the card; SIC between 11 and 21 CP is essentially wasted.