Solicited opinions on "New Content"

I can never seem to find the appropriate Forum thread to express my ideas and or opinions. Once again when, during the course of the game, I have felt like posting some new (to myself) tidbit, or actually in this case Failbetter has asked for my input, I have not even begun to have any clue as to how I should search through the literally hundreds of threads contained in all these different forums to locate the correct place for my response. My apologies as a Noob. Anyway, I have encountered new content at several places lately, the first being in The Flit called “Embark on a Heist”. I like the heists, wish they were more diversified, but would like to see some sort of a running counter to help keep track of the number of escape routes, inside information, and keys that I have purchased. I have found that in life considerable time may pass between the purchase of these and the purchase of more of these due to lack of turns or just not being able to continue game play for extended periods of time. A reminder here as well as other places throughout the game could be useful. Also wondering why the heist starts with no cards available in my deck so I am just staring at basically a blank screen with no options for at least ten minutes?
Other new content. I like my new falcon and the Silver Leaf. Looking forward to more time to invest in The Silver Tree. I participated in the in-game questionaire last week in Fallen London and look forward to the hinted at content that may be generated from the information gathered.
While I am here and have your ear I would like to add that the game has been running much more smoothly for me as of late and that I think Failbetter has very good on-line support. Thank you for the help.

[quote=Dramlore][snip] Anyway, I have encountered new content at several places lately, the first being in The Flit called “Embark on a Heist”. I like the heists, wish they were more diversified, but would like to see some sort of a running counter to help keep track of the number of escape routes, inside information, and keys that I have purchased. I have found that in life considerable time may pass between the purchase of these and the purchase of more of these due to lack of turns or just not being able to continue game play for extended periods of time. A reminder here as well as other places throughout the game could be useful. Also wondering why the heist starts with no cards available in my deck so I am just staring at basically a blank screen with no options for at least ten minutes?
Other new content. I like my new falcon and the Silver Leaf. Looking forward to more time to invest in The Silver Tree. I participated in the in-game questionaire last week in Fallen London and look forward to the hinted at content that may be generated from the information gathered.
While I am here and have your ear I would like to add that the game has been running much more smoothly for me as of late and that I think Failbetter has very good on-line support. Thank you for the help.[/quote]

I have several points to make that should answer your questions and may be helpful:

1. “Embark on a Heist” is experimental (i.e., new, “we’ll see how it does” content), but FB has said that there likely will be additional ones in time, given the positive response.

2. There is a “running counter” for Escape Routes, Intriguing Keys and Inside Information. These items all appear in your inventory (click the “myself” tab) to find them. They will be listed under the “Curiosity” section. The Escape Route icon is a closed brown door; the “Intriguing Key” icon is a black silhouette of a hand holding a keyring with one key on a tan background (it’s the same icon used for the Key to a Smoky Flophouse and most of the other abodes that let you keep 3 cards in hand) , and the Inside Information icon shows two people talking on a green background (the same icon used for Intriguing Gossip and Incendiary Gossip). If you mouse over them, the name and a bit of descriptive flavor text will appear.

3. ALL Escape Routes, Intriguing Keys and Inside Information vanish when you finish the Heist, WHETHER YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL OR NOT. So you can’t stockpile them from Heist to Heist. You should only buy as many Escape Routes, Intriguing Keys and Inside Information as you need to finish a Heist successfully. For the Heists available so far, I think the most of each that you should have is one Escape Route, two pieces of Inside Information, and an Intriguing Key, though if you read and choose among the card storylets carefully, you can get away with less.

4. Beginning a Heist clears your Opportunity Deck, so any cards you had drawn but not used will vanish. On the other hand, undrawn cards will be available to draw after you’ve begun the Heist, and will be what you play the Heist with. So the best advice is to use your drawn Opportunity cards while you’re preparing for the Heist, AND DON’T DRAW ANY NEW ONES so you don’t have to wait for your deck to refill.

Good luck and have fun!

On the second heist I have gotten away with as little as nothing, but yeah, it helps.

Thus far I have gotten away with only one key, route and information for every heist I have tried (which thus far has only been two).

Many thanks for such a helpful response from all. I look forward to many more Heists with differing plots and complexities, a diverting “game within a game” as it were.
As for my recent game stability issues, they seem to have built to a head at about the time of the introduction of The Silver Leaf and then just as quickly after to have faded to no problems with connectivity whatsoever. All is well… I look forward to much future enjoyment of BOTH games and new experimental content.